It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2004, 02:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
68 days today...and still no period!

Well, I guess the periods every two weeks, the spotting, the hot flashes, the anxiety, the internal shakes, all of it has something to do with the perimenopause. My gyne was right, ovaries have shut down. Of course, doesn't mean I won't get my period one day soon, feels like it, but it's been feeling like it for the past two months, lol. I see my gyne next Friday, so maybe I'll get it then, lol

So here I am, minus a period for the first time in my life since being pregnant that I haven't had a period in over two months. Now, I would be jumping up and down if it were minus the anxiety!

Andrea

Old 08-03-2004, 04:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Re: 68 days today...and still no period!

Andrea I hope this means that you are at the end of all this hormonal stuff (hope the anxiety that you're experiencing will also stop). I look forward to not seeing a period. I'm disappointed each month when I start because I'm hoping that menopause will be much better than this peri stuff.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2004, 12:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Andrea..like you said I would be jumping up and down too if the other symptoms went away with the period!! I sometimes have experienced when mine has gone to a longer cycle (longest for me so far was getting it on day 50, so you have me beat!!) that the symptoms were worse.

I have been reading some posts of yours regarding the kidney stone problems and sorry to hear you are going through all of this and the peri symptoms too.

Hang in there.

Take care,

rmc

Old 08-04-2004, 01:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante
Well, I guess the periods every two weeks, the spotting, the hot flashes, the anxiety, the internal shakes, all of it has something to do with the perimenopause. My gyne was right, ovaries have shut down. Of course, doesn't mean I won't get my period one day soon, feels like it, but it's been feeling like it for the past two months, lol. I see my gyne next Friday, so maybe I'll get it then, lol

So here I am, minus a period for the first time in my life since being pregnant that I haven't had a period in over two months. Now, I would be jumping up and down if it were minus the anxiety!

Andrea
Hang in there, Andrea! You could easily be on the road to feeling "normal" soon. Can you tell if you feel even a bit better than couple of months ago?

Molly

Old 08-04-2004, 01:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Hi everyone. Today is day 69 and I got my period but it was just a little spot, so back with the spotting. Yes, Molly, feeling more in control and better but because I had a major head on collision back in 3/02 I was diagnosed with PTSD with perimenopause. Great! So the trauma and the perimenopause, well....I really feel traumatized, LOL! We'll see if anything amounts to this period. At least I get to stop the progesterone creme, I was beginning to worry about that, but I know better than to stop it before I get my period cause that would just make my cycle all flukey. Now I've been using the progesterone creme for almost 3 years and never had a cycle problem. The problem is: I've stopped ovulating on a regular basis. So keep you guys informed. And Molly, the slow mag is just great! And I thank you again for referring it to me.

Andrea

Closed Thread