It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2004, 06:49 PM   #1
Inactive

tina1966 HB User
Need Help Please! Think I'm Perimenopausal!!!

Hello to all. I am 37, almost 38, and ever since I turned 37 I started having night sweats and almost always the week before and the week of my period, sometimes its so bad I have to change my shirts several times a night, OR it may be my legs only that sweat bad, ever heard of this? (with the legs?) I just went through a traumatic year with TMJ Syndrome and am doing better. I am on paxil cr to help me with pain and to deal with the TMJ. I was on xanax for awhile also to help with muscle relaxation, etc. I do remember when I was 35 have about 3 or 4 nightsweats a year, but now its every month. I also had a tubal litigation when I was about 30 after my second child. I went to doc and he said its sounds weird to him, he did blood work and all that, havent heard from him yet. He said could be my estrogen levels, etc. and that I could go on birth control which I do not want to do at all. This has been going on about a year and I also have gained weight, have anxiety, and my memory seems to be on vacation!!
Please help with any advice, does this sound like perimenopause?? Thanks so much!! Tina in Kentucky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2004, 09:03 PM   #2
(female)

fiveoffive HB User
Re: Need Help Please! Think I'm Perimenopausal!!!

HI tina !! I'm also in KY !!!! well, I have ta tell ya nightsweats can be difficult to deal with and there are several things that can cause them. I highy suggest ( and you probably already have done so) looking at the post "what are your symptoms" On this board. You will find a wealth of info there. I can tell ya this much, If you have a Dr that is willing like yours to listen to you and not just say " yer too young" you are gonna be fine!!! good luck and keep us posted, You will find lots of friends who "GET IT" here.
good luck!
Marylou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2004, 01:13 PM   #3

Cinnaroo HB User

Could someone please tell me just how early premenopause can start? I am 35 and I've never had PMS. But this last Menstral Period wasn't good. I was very depressed and I had no idea why. I just started crying for no reason. I couldn't tell ya if I have the night sweats as I've always had that my whole life. I'm either freezing or to hot. I just moved to Maryland so I haven't found a doctor yet. So if someone could please shead some light on this issue for me I'd apprechiate it.

Cindy

Old 08-09-2004, 02:10 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

Perimenopause can start as early as 35. I guess our hormones start fluctuating and throw us into this bad place.

Closed Thread