It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2004, 12:43 PM   #1
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
What works for extreme fatigue?

One of my peri symptoms is extreme fatigue. It usually hits me anywhere from 11 to 3 in the afternoon. It feels like I haven't slept for days and I go into his "no zone". I always was a napper but I never felt this type of fatigue before. Whether I eat or not it hits me . Once in a while I have a good day and actually feel like a normal person with normal energy. I do not know what I'd do if I was not on vacation from work this summer- I do not know how I'd last the day at work.
So anyone know what works for extreme fatigue?

Old 08-05-2004, 01:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User
Re: What works for extreme fatigue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by armadillo pie
One of my peri symptoms is extreme fatigue. It usually hits me anywhere from 11 to 3 in the afternoon. It feels like I haven't slept for days and I go into his "no zone". I always was a napper but I never felt this type of fatigue before. Whether I eat or not it hits me . Once in a while I have a good day and actually feel like a normal person with normal energy. I do not know what I'd do if I was not on vacation from work this summer- I do not know how I'd last the day at work.
So anyone know what works for extreme fatigue?
For me, it was time. I had debilitating fatigue pretty much everyday. I couldn't work for months. I wasn't sleepy, couldn't nap, just felt tired. I go to bed tired, wake up tired, and had a hard time getting up in the morning and would walk like an old lady. I had jelly weak legs along with internal shakes, burning feet/arms, heart palps, weird headaches, dizziness all along with this fatigue. I started feeling better after I was put on Paxil CR. I also started to take all the peri-zappers recommended in the "Before the Change" book (except no progesterone cream). I can understand how you are feeling and it is a differet kind of fatigue...just like the anxiety felt different to me too. Are you taking any meds? vitamins?

Hang in there...think positive, you will feel better!

molly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2004, 01:13 PM   #3
(female)

joyka HB User

I get tired like this too and simply have redesigned my life to accommodate the tiredness and take a resting nap when I get home from work, even if it means other things do not get done. At this point, I come first.

Old 08-05-2004, 02:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

I was reassurred by another woman that once my hormones are balanced this extreme fatigue will subside. I fully agree with Molly and Joyka, time will eventually take care of this hormonal imbalance and we have to readjust our lives to accommodate this extreme fatigue. I've had to let a lot of things go at this point in my life inorder to "pamper myself". Presently, I'm taking many supplements and vitamins, which might be helping, but I still haven't regained the energy level I had prior to perimenopause. Ahhhhhhh...I surely miss those days.

Last edited by Hopefully; 08-05-2004 at 02:44 PM.

Old 08-05-2004, 06:40 PM   #5
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

As I write this I am soooooo fatigued, even though I took a nap this afternoon! I do take vitamins and iron. I also am having accupunture weekly which is really helping with all the other symptoms and even making my period regular again. But I feel so awful- nothing seems to motivate me and I am so tire anyway most of the time. It causes me to retreat more then I'd like. Thanks for the support.

Old 08-06-2004, 05:47 AM   #6
(female)

joyka HB User

I know I posted above, but essentially, I have been trying to just get into a new rhythm with this menopause thing. Think about how difficult it was when you first hit puberty. It was very, very difficult then and we usually felt very lethargic a lot of the time. This is the same type of adjustment and you have to rest when your body is tired and when its not, get some exercise and fresh air! I am biking my way through menopause! My goal is 100 miles this week!

Closed Thread