It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2004, 01:26 PM   #1
Inactive

michelleseibers HB User
have a question

i have been having hot flashes,night sweats, irratability,alot of mood swings, 1 day periods past 2 yrs., depression, headaches, dizzy, lightheaded, when get up in morning sick to stomach. conatnt migraines, and im sorry for my hubby, nocare for sex for rest of my life or his. sorry.i do have spinal diseases
and i know some come with it like depression, mood swings, and sick stomach. i have asked doc but he looked at me and laughed and that was it best frikin doc visit ever. some advice please.

Old 08-06-2004, 02:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Re: have a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleseibers
i have been having hot flashes,night sweats, irratability,alot of mood swings, 1 day periods past 2 yrs., depression, headaches, dizzy, lightheaded, when get up in morning sick to stomach. conatnt migraines, and im sorry for my hubby, nocare for sex for rest of my life or his. sorry.i do have spinal diseases
and i know some come with it like depression, mood swings, and sick stomach. i have asked doc but he looked at me and laughed and that was it best frikin doc visit ever. some advice please.

Michelle I know your pain all too well...I'm right there with you . All the symptoms you mentions, and many that you didn't mentioned, I've been experiencing for years, but I'd say that this year everything became more intense. My dizziness/spaciness/lightheaded feeling is 24/7, although I do have times when the feeling isn't as intense.

Please find another doctor who will listen an is knowledgeable as well as compassionate. You need blood work done and you need to know your many options. Although I try to laugh as much as possible about my present dilemma (to keep from crying for weeks) I'd be ticked if a doctor took me and my symptoms as a laughing matter.

I just wanted you to know that you're in good company with these hormonal imbalance, although you did say that some of yours could also be related to a spinal disease. Thank God for the many women that I've spoken with who have gone through what we're experiencing, and now that they are postmenopausal they are doing wonderful. Keeping this in mind really helps me stay focused and realize that this is just something we as women have to bare. Yes, I hate it, but this too will pass...hopefully by the time I hit the submit reply button on this computer LOL.

Last edited by Hopefully; 08-06-2004 at 02:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2004, 03:22 PM   #3
Inactive

michelleseibers HB User

thank you for your kind words i needed that. this forum has become a life saver for me to. and i hate when i have to leave it. keeps my mind of things.
god bless you and may he heal you from all for he is great.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleseibers
thank you for your kind words i needed that. this forum has become a life saver for me to. and i hate when i have to leave it. keeps my mind of things.
god bless you and may he heal you from all for he is great.

Amen.... . May God bless and heal you also because He truly is great!!!

I understand about the comfort and support that we receive from this site. I dislike the idea that we are dealing with these hormone issues, I wish we could have met under more pleasant circumstances, but it truly is a blessing to communicate with other women who completely understand. Being able to read some of the current and archive posts have given me so much information and encouragement. Although there are some good doctors out there...somewhere...I've had to go through about 10 doctors and still I haven't obtained as much quality information as I've received from many of the ladies here.

Keep posting

Closed Thread