It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2004, 09:28 AM   #1

denise48 HB User
feeling in throat

I have posted this question before, i am not sure about this feeling in my throat. It has been about 3 months and no change. It is not sore and i have gone to an ENT dr., there is no cancer, but I do have a sinus problem. I don't know if this is caused by anxiety or if my hormones are imbalance. Could menopause cause this feeling and what can i do to relax the throat?

Old 08-07-2004, 02:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Re: feeling in throat

[B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by denise48
I have posted this question before, i am not sure about this feeling in my throat. It has been about 3 months and no change. It is not sore and i have gone to an ENT dr., there is no cancer, but I do have a sinus problem. I don't know if this is caused by anxiety or if my hormones are imbalance. Could menopause cause this feeling and what can i do to relax the throat?

Hello Denise, could you please describe the feeling that you have in your throat? When my anxiety was high, and my reflux flared up I use to get a strange sensation in my throat. It was like a constant lump in my throat along with the burning from the reflux. The reflux caused my throat to sometime feel raw.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2004, 02:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Two things, either anxiety, which makes the throat feel like it has a lump in it or tight, like choking or thyroid, if you have a goiter this would do this too. The only way your throat would bother you during perimenopause would be the tightening effect with anxiety or thyroid conditions. Your throat is not soar, what does it feel like? Do you have post nasal drip there?

Andrea

Old 08-08-2004, 05:31 AM   #4

denise48 HB User

It feels like it is located behind my sinus area, top part of the roof of my mouth. Yes i have post nasal drip. I am taking antibotics, but it seems as though they are not working.

Old 08-08-2004, 02:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

I sometimes have pain/pressure in that same area when my allergies and sinus flare up. Fluonase helps me alot. Check with your doctor and see if Fluonase might be an option.

Old 08-09-2004, 04:12 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB User

I get this feeling when my thyroid is out of whack. I am on thyroid medication and on occasion my thyroid is hyper rather than hypo, so I have to NOT take my med one day a week. Have you had your thyroid checked?

Marilyn

Closed Thread