It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2004, 05:38 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
itching

Do any of you have itching. My lower back and stomach are about to itch me crazy. Sometimes my breast do also. No rash or redness. I just have to keep scratching. Weird.
Jacq.

Old 08-08-2004, 02:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Re: itching

Sorry to hear that you have this symptom...but that's quite interesting because I also get that quite annoying itching of my stomach and breast. I didn't think it was related to perimenopause...I though it might have been my allergies, clothes detergent, or just from sweating. Hmmmmmmm...

Last edited by Hopefully; 08-08-2004 at 02:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2004, 02:58 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

That is interesting. I wonder if anyone else has this.
Thanks for your reply.
Jacq.

Old 08-09-2004, 05:10 AM   #4
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

About six months ago I went through weeks of itching in my lower back/bottom area. It was embarassing sometimes and I just had to put my hand inside the back left hand side of my trousers and scratch, scratch, scratch!! It lasted several weeks and then vanished thank god. I hope it doesn't return. The front of my legs get very itchy at times as well and all I can do is scratch also. I have often made them bleed. I do think this is part of the famous peri - dont't know

Maggie

Old 08-09-2004, 07:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

My legs itched horribly a couple of times while I was going through peri. The last time was the worst. It lasted about two months and I tried everything - Aveeno baths, changed detergents, different lotions, antihistamines, different soaps. Nothing worked. Finally, it slowly resolved itself like my other symptoms did. Usually, I rotate through different symptoms every two weeks or every month. I have had them all and this one was one of the most annoying.

Old 08-09-2004, 02:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Oh yeah, I get this itching too. Actually I went through a itching craze on my arms, legs, belly and nipples. Yep, then got my period on the 68th day that only lasted for 2 days and now I'm full of anxiety again. Four months ago, I itched like a maniac. lack of estrogen makes the skin lose its elasticity and also it's moisture.

Andrea

Old 08-09-2004, 07:20 PM   #7

mtngrl57 HB User

I get itching also!!!
I try to keep busy so that my symtoms don't seem so huge. I especially start feeling itchy when I am in bed and trying to go to sleep!

mtngrl

Old 08-13-2004, 05:48 PM   #8

Cookin HB User

When I was 45 (5 years ago) I started itching like crazy. I asked my gyno if maybe I was starting peri or menopause. He said I was too young and then said itching would not be a sign. I then went to a dermatoligst(sp) thinking surely he could help. Well, he looked at my skin and since there was no rash he could not tell me anything! Advised me to use Sarno (I think that was what it was called). It's sold over the counter in drug stores. Nothing really helped me. It went away on it's own but I still get angry that my gyno said that and the derma didn't know! What's up with that! It is caused by peri, I think that more doctors should be aware of it.
Sorry for the spelling errors, I'm having a hot flash and don't have the patience to look up correct spelling.

Old 08-14-2004, 06:46 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookin
When I was 45 (5 years ago) I started itching like crazy. I asked my gyno if maybe I was starting peri or menopause. He said I was too young and then said itching would not be a sign. I then went to a dermatoligst(sp) thinking surely he could help. Well, he looked at my skin and since there was no rash he could not tell me anything! Advised me to use Sarno (I think that was what it was called). It's sold over the counter in drug stores. Nothing really helped me. It went away on it's own but I still get angry that my gyno said that and the derma didn't know! What's up with that! It is caused by peri, I think that more doctors should be aware of it.
Sorry for the spelling errors, I'm having a hot flash and don't have the patience to look up correct spelling.

Cookin--you go woman! You are right, hard to find a doc who understands peri, they relate it to much to symptoms of periods instead of symptoms of a complete, and I mean complete body make over, LOL

Andrea

PS Oh Baby, I know about those hot flashes. I'm 45, almost 46 by the way.

Old 08-14-2004, 07:39 AM   #10
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

I have had itching lately on my arms, neck and chest. It drives me crazy especially at night. My accupuncturist told me that this is a by product of peri menopause and has to do with hormones flucuating. She has done some treatments on me and it is getting better. Accupunture has really helped with lots of the peri symptoms I have had.
Most traditional doctors seem to know little about the symptoms and love to precribe meds to cover them but not really get rid of them. After an extensive history with regular docs who did not help much I am now venturing into Chinese medicine which seems to really acknowledge and alliviate the causes.

Old 08-14-2004, 08:55 AM   #11
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Yep, itching right now as we speak...ugh. This time its my lower back/top of butt; last week it was below my breasts and sometimes its both. Occasionally its the base of my neck in front. Doesn't seem to be any schedule it follows, or anything that helps it. Theres no rash or bumps or hives and no apparent allergy connection. Sometimes it lasts a few hours, another time a couple days. Just another WONDERFUL symptom!!! :P
Good day y'all!!
Conni

Old 08-16-2004, 03:33 PM   #12

stress-out HB User

If I didn't take allergy pills, I would itch all over. I tried to get off of them one time and I like to went crazy. I started itching and I thought I would scratch my skin off. I don't know what is causing this itching. It just started one day a few years ago.

Old 08-17-2004, 06:14 PM   #13

PennyD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stress-out
If I didn't take allergy pills, I would itch all over. I tried to get off of them one time and I like to went crazy. I started itching and I thought I would scratch my skin off. I don't know what is causing this itching. It just started one day a few years ago.
No one mentioned this on this thread, but the only itching I have is vaginal itching.? I went to the GP to see if I had an infection, but nothing was wrong. It comes and goes during the month. Anyone else have this? I think Peri can be responsible for most any symptom you have, this thing is a monster!!!!!!
Penny

Closed Thread