It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2004, 04:10 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB User
Nausea......ARGH!

Someone told me a long time ago that the nausea I was experiencing is due to my body being low on progesterone. Well I got some of the cream, used it, and it's helped with alot of my other symptoms, but I still get EXTREME nausea about 4am in the morning, waking me out of a good sleep and it sticks with me til the sun comes up. I used to get nausea during the day too, but that stopped. Now I only get it in the wee hours of the morning normally. Does anyone know anything about this?

I'd also like to let others here know that after I was on the progesterone cream for 2 weeks, I went into a deep depression like I'd never experienced before, plus I was so exhausted I couldn't hold my eyes open. Those are symptoms of progesterone overdose. I stopped the cream and the depression cleared up in a couple of days. Something told me the depression was from the cream, so I was leery of using more cream. I did however go back on it after a couple of week's abstinance and in the 3rd week, got exhausted and very depressed again. I have suffered depression before in my life, but nothing like THIS! This was horrible....the kind of depression where you don't want to live anymore. I was so relieved that as soon as I stopped the cream AGAIN, the depression cleared up in 2 days. It just showed me that my body is progesterone-sensitive, and now I use a dab of it just one day a week and I feel wonderful! My moods are great and I feel so happy and relaxed all the time.

Does anyone here know anything about this nausea? I just hate it, because I never do throw up, I just get the intense nausea.

Marilyn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2004, 02:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Nausea......ARGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssMarilyn
Someone told me a long time ago that the nausea I was experiencing is due to my body being low on progesterone. Well I got some of the cream, used it, and it's helped with alot of my other symptoms, but I still get EXTREME nausea about 4am in the morning, waking me out of a good sleep and it sticks with me til the sun comes up. I used to get nausea during the day too, but that stopped. Now I only get it in the wee hours of the morning normally. Does anyone know anything about this?

I'd also like to let others here know that after I was on the progesterone cream for 2 weeks, I went into a deep depression like I'd never experienced before, plus I was so exhausted I couldn't hold my eyes open. Those are symptoms of progesterone overdose. I stopped the cream and the depression cleared up in a couple of days. Something told me the depression was from the cream, so I was leery of using more cream. I did however go back on it after a couple of week's abstinance and in the 3rd week, got exhausted and very depressed again. I have suffered depression before in my life, but nothing like THIS! This was horrible....the kind of depression where you don't want to live anymore. I was so relieved that as soon as I stopped the cream AGAIN, the depression cleared up in 2 days. It just showed me that my body is progesterone-sensitive, and now I use a dab of it just one day a week and I feel wonderful! My moods are great and I feel so happy and relaxed all the time.

Does anyone here know anything about this nausea? I just hate it, because I never do throw up, I just get the intense nausea.

Marilyn
You can be nauseated with low estrogen too, actually with any inhormonal inbalance. I got horribly nauseas this last period which came on day 69 which is totally way so late for me, and then dizzy and nauseated afterwards.

Andrea

Old 08-09-2004, 06:00 PM   #3
Inactive

beautyqueen911 HB User

Yes, I get the nausea off and on too. I just hate that!! Anyways, here are a couple remedies that help me. One of them I got off the power-surge.com board which is a board for perimenopause. Put about a tablespoon of lemon juice in an 8 oz glass of water and sip it. Takes the nausea away everytime. Also, I drink ginger tea (the tea bags I got at Safeway are actually ginger and peach) and have two or three ginger snaps with it. This also makes it go away within minutes. I know you don't usually feel like eating or drinking anything when you are getting this, but force yourself to do this and you will feel so much better within a few minutes. Let me know how it works for you. Also, you said you were only using a dab of the cream once a week. I would like to try this because when I was using it daily, I was getting the same symptoms as you. How much do you use and do you use it at night or in the morning?

Old 08-11-2004, 12:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB User

I only get the severe nausea about 3:30 am to 4:30am....so don't feel up to making tea. I don't have any ginger tea either. I should check the store and see if they have any. I do have fresh lemons on hand though, and can try that. I actually like to drink alot of water when my stomach isn't feeling so good. (filtered only!)

I use a small pea-sized drop of natural progesterone cream every Wed night, and I apply it when I go to bed. I know this stuff works because I have never felt so relaxed and happy before in my entire life. My system has been screwed up since I had my first baby in '71, then in '74 I had my tubes tied - HUGE MISTAKE! That really messes up your hormones. Then in '92 I had a partial hyst and it was downhill from there. Why don't doctors inform us BEFORE these surgeries as to what is going to happen to us AFTERWARDS?

Marilyn

Old 08-12-2004, 05:43 AM   #5
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

I'm not on hormone therapy, but I get that darn nausea too!! There doesn't seem to be a regular time it comes during my cycle, but seems like when I do get it, it hangs around for up to a week or so, then poof, gone. Its always in the mornings and usually goes away in 3-4 hours. I never get to the point of vomiting but its pretty bad. BeautyQueen, thanks for the lemon juice and ginger advice! I'll try that next time it strikes.
Conni

Old 08-14-2004, 05:35 PM   #6

bunny234 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Nausea......ARGH!

I get the nausea too,usually when I first wake up.It's a terrible feeling first thing in the morning......like I don't have enough to deal with lol.
Thanks for the tip about the lemon juice have to try it.

Pam

Old 08-15-2004, 01:54 AM   #7
(female)

heitara HB User

I have an additional remedy too..which comes from a macrobiotic store. They sell small tablets made from Umeboshi prunes. They are tiny and salty and if you put one under your tongue and suck it, the nausea goes away in a jiffy. At least it works for me, it's worth a try

Old 08-15-2004, 11:46 AM   #8

bunny234 HB User

Thanks for the info.I'll have to try it out!!!

Closed Thread