It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2004, 09:56 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
Question progesterone cream

Those of you using progesterone cream, are you using a natural progesterone and what results have you had? I'm thinking of getting some and any help will be greatly appreciated.
Jacq.

Old 08-09-2004, 10:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB User
Re: progesterone cream

Natural is the only kind you should use. Never use synthetic! Since I've started using it, my moods have really mellowed and I'm a happy camper. However, I can't use it according to their instructions, 3 weeks on and 1 week off, or I OD on it and go into major depression and fatigue. I apply mine 1 day a week. Each person has to adapt their own dosages I think.

Marilyn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2004, 02:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqbu
Those of you using progesterone cream, are you using a natural progesterone and what results have you had? I'm thinking of getting some and any help will be greatly appreciated.
Jacq.
I use Natragest, 1/4 teaspoon at night and you can use 1/4 teaspoon in the morning. It's good stuff and it's natural. YOu might want to start with that amount Jacq, increase it when it gets closer to your period. Or decrease, see how you feel. But let it work for a few months to control any estrogen dominance.

Andrea

Last edited by Administrator; 08-12-2004 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Do not post buying info of any kind!

Old 08-09-2004, 07:31 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

I was going to get the kind Dr. John Lee recommends. I went to a seminar Friday and have an appointment for a hormone and stress evaluation. I can't remember the name of it. I just wanted to learn a little more.
Jacq.

Old 08-09-2004, 07:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqbu
I was going to get the kind Dr. John Lee recommends. I went to a seminar Friday and have an appointment for a hormone and stress evaluation. I can't remember the name of it. I just wanted to learn a little more.
Jacq.
Natragest is one that Dr. Lee recommended. It's also in his book.

Andrea

Old 08-11-2004, 12:21 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB User

Watch out for signs of progesterone overdose - depression and extreme fatigue. I OD'd just 3 weeks after starting the cream. I discovered I am sensitive to natural progesterone, so now only use it once a week and it works wonderfully!

Marilyn

Old 08-24-2004, 09:44 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User

Ainfante, do you still have your uterus and ovaries? I use to use progest creme before my hysto, Now I can't tolerate progesterone at all. I am using estriodial for my estrogen fix. I know all the hazards of estrogen, but I can't live without it. I will go crazy. Have tried the natural supplements too. Nothing works as good as the estrogen. I would like to try the natural supplement estriol creme but its so expensive. Any recomendations are welcome.

Old 08-24-2004, 09:47 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User

Hi Marilyn, I had a hysto and tried the progesterone creme. My symtoms were high anxiety, as if I drank several pots of coffee, extreme irritibility.....

Before hysto the progesterone creme helped with anxiety, calmed my nerves, and helped with excessive bleeding.

I stopped using it.

Closed Thread