It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2004, 01:10 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
Anxiety

Do any of you notice right after your period ends your anxiety level being worse. I just got finished with mine and the anxiety is worse. I hate this it gets old.

Jacq.

Old 08-10-2004, 01:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqbu
Do any of you notice right after your period ends your anxiety level being worse. I just got finished with mine and the anxiety is worse. I hate this it gets old.

Jacq.
Yes, Jacqueline, it happens to me.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2004, 03:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

I'm right along with you ladies...

Old 08-10-2004, 07:16 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

The latest symptom to manifest itself in me is the one where you feel like you can't get enough air in your lungs. I've been doing it for days. Notice how you will get a symptom and it stays with you for a while then it goes but you get another annoying one. This along with the other crap.
Jacq.

Old 08-11-2004, 07:16 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqbu
The latest symptom to manifest itself in me is the one where you feel like you can't get enough air in your lungs. I've been doing it for days. Notice how you will get a symptom and it stays with you for a while then it goes but you get another annoying one. This along with the other crap.
Jacq.
Yes, this is true. It's called air hunger and generally accompany's anxiety. Try to let out all the air and then deep breathe from the navel. Do not breathe through the chest. do this quietly, not trying to grab enough air. Also, tell yourself that you are breathing and your body is bringing in the oxygen it needs, you don't have to force it. Sometimes, I find myself not breathing at all, but I try not to let myself panic about it cause then you're going to hyperventilate. Did you read the book, ABout bad nerves by Dr. Weekes. It's a great book Jacq and it will help you. Nerves get bad during perimenopause for many women. It causes anxiety, so read the book and you will learn to try not to pay attention to your body symptoms.

Andrea

Old 08-12-2004, 05:34 AM   #6
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Hiya Jacq...I can't really help you but I sure can commisserate....one symptom and then another and then another, no ryhme or reason, they stay, they go...and I agree wholeheartedly....THIS CRAP IS GETTING OLD!!! I hope today is better for you
Off to take a half an ativan....
Conni

Old 08-12-2004, 01:06 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

Thanks for the support. These boards do help to know you are not going crazy or have some terrible disease.
Jacq.

Old 08-14-2004, 06:17 AM   #8
(female)

heitara HB User

I've always been a highly emotional, anxious person. During my period it gets so much worse. Air hunger? I'm the queen of it! Look at me today. First day of my period, only 19 days after the last one. It seems to me somebody is sitting on my chest, I feel dizzy and exausted, I'm reviewing my life thinking I've done nothing but useless things..
I hate it, and it seems to me is getting worse and worse. I used to complain about pms in the past but now that I'm peri those days look like heaven to me!
It's good to have a place to vent and to feel I'm not alone here! Thank you, ladies

Old 08-14-2004, 06:44 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitara
I've always been a highly emotional, anxious person. During my period it gets so much worse. Air hunger? I'm the queen of it! Look at me today. First day of my period, only 19 days after the last one. It seems to me somebody is sitting on my chest, I feel dizzy and exausted, I'm reviewing my life thinking I've done nothing but useless things..
I hate it, and it seems to me is getting worse and worse. I used to complain about pms in the past but now that I'm peri those days look like heaven to me!
It's good to have a place to vent and to feel I'm not alone here! Thank you, ladies

You know, you are so right. During peri and looking back at the PMS days, you right, those days were heaven compared to this. My suggestion is if it gets so bad you can't handle it, a small dose of Prozac helped me, really it did and don't be ashamed to ask your gyne for assistance here. Mine totally understands and she's the one who gave it to me, she understands the rough ride perimenopause is, it's the worst. When we make it into full meno, hopefully all this lovely crap will be gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea

Old 08-14-2004, 07:59 AM   #10
(female)

heitara HB User

Thanks for your suggestion. Not ashamed at all, Andrea, I've been fighting with panic attacks and anxiety all my life I'm a bit worried about anti-depressants because I also suffer from Hashimoto Thyroiditis and, after some researches I've done, it seems people with Hashi can have problems when using SRI.
Thanks for the tip anyway!
Carla

Old 08-14-2004, 09:24 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestion. Not ashamed at all, Andrea, I've been fighting with panic attacks and anxiety all my life I'm a bit worried about anti-depressants because I also suffer from Hashimoto Thyroiditis and, after some researches I've done, it seems people with Hashi can have problems when using SRI.
Thanks for the tip anyway!
Carla

Being an ex-thyroid (hyper) victim, that alone will make your perimenopause much harder to deal with cause estrogen effects the thyroid anyways. Also, alot of your anxiety symptoms come from thyroid problems, been there, done that and wonder if it has returned. Waiting for blood test results.

Andrea

Old 08-14-2004, 10:23 AM   #12
(female)

heitara HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante
Being an ex-thyroid (hyper) victim, that alone will make your perimenopause much harder to deal with cause estrogen effects the thyroid anyways. Also, alot of your anxiety symptoms come from thyroid problems, been there, done that and wonder if it has returned. Waiting for blood test results.

Andrea
I think thyroid sucks! lol. I'm going to have my blood tests done too..I think I'm being hypo at the moment, lots of bloating and water retention, but I'm never sure whether my symptoms come from thyroid or from my being peri. I didn't know estrogens effect thyroid..doctors don't know/care/ tell you much about lots of interactions, do they? Thanks for telling me this Andrea, sometimes I feel like a bundle of neurosis and I can just think all the other women can cope with it much better than me (not good with self-esteem when I'm having my period, lol) I'm also having another weird symptom that I don't know if can be related to hormones or thyroid. I've noticed that lately for me is very difficult to stand up (for instance in a queue or simply talking to somebody) without feeling nauseous, short of breath, dizzy. I feel a weakness and a void in my stomach, I start sweatting and I have the urge of sitting down. As soon as I sit down I feel better.
Has it ever happened to you? I know, I'm weird..

Old 08-14-2004, 12:06 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
I think thyroid sucks! lol. I'm going to have my blood tests done too..I think I'm being hypo at the moment, lots of bloating and water retention, but I'm never sure whether my symptoms come from thyroid or from my being peri. I didn't know estrogens effect thyroid..doctors don't know/care/ tell you much about lots of interactions, do they? Thanks for telling me this Andrea, sometimes I feel like a bundle of neurosis and I can just think all the other women can cope with it much better than me (not good with self-esteem when I'm having my period, lol) I'm also having another weird symptom that I don't know if can be related to hormones or thyroid. I've noticed that lately for me is very difficult to stand up (for instance in a queue or simply talking to somebody) without feeling nauseous, short of breath, dizzy. I feel a weakness and a void in my stomach, I start sweatting and I have the urge of sitting down. As soon as I sit down I feel better.
Has it ever happened to you? I know, I'm weird..
This happens to me too and it can be peri although if you feel better sitting down, this could also be thyroid. The thyroid controls your electrolytes, balance, metabolism, heart rate, etc. in your body. Sometimes, it can be a side effect to a med.

Andrea

Closed Thread