It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2004, 09:47 PM   #1
Inactive

beautyqueen911 HB User
I got my period again and again and again..and then, again!!

Oh, I am so sick of this. It just seems like I bleed and wear pads all the time. The days when I DON'T have a period are few and far between. I just had a period that actually wasn't so bad two weeks ago, and then last Saturday I started again and this was is absolutely horrible...cramping, clots, heavy bleeding. And I'm still going and its Wednesday!! Anyone else get this? Am I nearing the end, is that why? I am 48 for those of you that can't remember. Any tips?

Old 08-12-2004, 06:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: I got my period again and again and again..and then, again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautyqueen911
Oh, I am so sick of this. It just seems like I bleed and wear pads all the time. The days when I DON'T have a period are few and far between. I just had a period that actually wasn't so bad two weeks ago, and then last Saturday I started again and this was is absolutely horrible...cramping, clots, heavy bleeding. And I'm still going and its Wednesday!! Anyone else get this? Am I nearing the end, is that why? I am 48 for those of you that can't remember. Any tips?
This has happened to me many times, I'm almost 46. I would see your gyne abou this to make sure nothing else is wrong. It is not uncommon to bleed on and off, light/heavy/clots, but also you want to make sure nothing else is wrong within the unterus lining. Don't panic, though. YOu will be okay.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2004, 08:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautyqueen911
Hello Beautyqueen,

I've posted this before and don't know if this would make you feel a bit better and at ease to know your heavy periods do happen to others. My sister who is 52 now had her extremely heavy, clushing periods with big-o clots (she said it is like giving birth to a piece of liver! LOL!) for three years straight!! everyday!! when she was around 46-49! I know it is hard to believe, but she had girlfriends who witnessed what she had to go through. She had to wear a tampon and pads at the same time. She had to change almost every 15 minutes and she was afraid to leave the house even. At work or just when leaving the house, she had experienced clots clushing out down her leg, messing up her clothes, etc. She went to her gyn every month, she was fine, they wanted to her to get a hysterectomy, but she didn't have it done and just dealt with it. She was producing a lot of estrogen that's all. She had no fibroids or anything. Amazingly, she wasn't even anemic. She said it was gross, tiring, and just a royal pain.

She no longer have these flooding periods and it has been come/go the last couple of years. Having heavy periods was the only peri-meno symptom she experienced. She didn't/doesn't have hot flashes, fatigue, internal shakes, or any of the other symptoms many of us here have. She said she would've rather have the symptoms I had then to go thru what she did. Told her at least with the heavy periods, you know what is happening to you...while with the symptoms I had, it was hard to define what was going on. To this day, she doesn't even take any vitamins or anything.

Hang it there...it will go away! P.S. My sister said she should've purchased pads stock!

molly

Old 08-12-2004, 09:50 AM   #4

mtngrl57 HB User

Oh my goodness, yes I have had terrible periods in the last few years. I have several kids and as I was sitting on bleachers watching them in their sport, all of the sudden I started bleeding to heavy I had to wrap something around me so that I could get to the car! Thank goodess it was an outdoor sport and we were already sitting on a blanket to begin with.

I had a period in the first week in April that lasted two months! Terribly large clots! The size of my palm at times! I have had to wear a super plus tampon along with two and three pads some times. I understand your frustration! I honestly have felt much better since finding this message board and getting support and knowledge from several wonderful women on this board.

I hope knowing that you are experiencing some of the same things that the rest of us are that it will help you.

I have finally found a female doctor close by and with new insurance was able to get some blood work done. Actually my doctor said she hasn't had a period for six months, so it is nice to know that she understands some of this too.

Hang in there.
Mtngrl

Last edited by mtngrl57; 08-12-2004 at 09:51 AM.

Old 08-12-2004, 09:51 AM   #5

mtngrl57 HB User

I forgot to add that I started using progesterone cream and I stopped bleeding. However, I don't know if I would have stopped with out it or if using it had something to do with the whole mess!

Old 08-12-2004, 01:03 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

My sister had this problem and she had pollocks(sp?) in her uterus. Nothing dangerous. They did a DNC on her and finally it slowed down. Hopefully you can get it checked out.
God Bless,
Jacq.

Closed Thread