It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2004, 07:12 PM   #1
(female)

rugrats4 HB User
Help not sure what this is

Hello all, I've been lurking here for a long time reading all of your posts. I've only posted one time. But I have to tell you it sure is nice to know I'm not the only one losing my mind!! Please excuse this long post but I really need to tell someone what has been going on with me the last few days. I'm not sure if this is related to peri or not. Ok here goes... I got my period on Monday (lately the 2nd day has been extremely heavy and sometimes the 3rd..never had this until about a year ago) On Tuesday I went to the store for hurricane supplies and then went to pick up the kids, while I was driving I had the WORST cramps ever, felt like I was in labor. Took 2 Aleve and went to bed for an hour. They subsided to a dull ache. Later that evening, I could not walk without having pain, I had a fever of 101, and ached in my legs. The next day my stomach (from about the belly button down) was very sore if I pressed on it and still could not walk without pain, hurt to cough or laugh. I took gas ex wondering if that might help, but to no avail. Today it has eased up some but now as night is falling I feel the tenderness when I press and it is uncomfortable to walk again...not like yesterday...but certainly not normal!!!!!! I have also had terrible aches in my legs from the knees up! Never have I experienced anything like this, for the last year and a half, I've had heart palps, usually right before my period and the first few day, night sweats but rarely, air hunger, chest pains, aching arms just to name a few.
I apologize for chewing all your ears off...I just really needed someone to talk to...any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2004, 07:41 PM   #2
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User
Re: Help not sure what this is

Rugrats4....I just happened to jump on here and see your post...I haven't had anything like you are experiencing, just wanted you to know theres someone else out here who cares about you. Have you called your doctor? I have wierd pains (more like achy feelings) in my legs sometimes before and during my period but nothing to the extent you are having, and the fact that you had (still have?) that fever worries me; I always associate fever with infection. Could it be a coincidence and maybe you have a bad appendix? Where I live we have a hospital line called "ask a nurse" thats available 24/7...do you have something like that or a late nite clinic you could maybe call? Talking to someone like that may help you feel better and keep the anxiety down and they may be able to advise you to what could be causing it. If you haven't had this before, I'd get it checked out. Please keep us updated on how you're feeling and whats going on. Take care of yourself and know you have support here.
I'll keep good thoughts for you,
Conni

Old 08-12-2004, 07:57 PM   #3
(female)

rugrats4 HB User

Conni

Thank you so much for the reply. The fever is now gone, it actually went away yesterday. I thought of appendix also, but pressing where it is located did not produce pain. I think thats wonderful that you have the "ask a nurse" program. ARound here unless you go somewhere and wait for hours, there is no one to see but the ER and a hanfull of walk in clinics. I wish we had something like your program here. If this continues, I most certainly will go to a doctor. To be honest, my husband is out of town, I have four kids, no family lives by us and we've just gotten through a scare with TS Bonnie!! Needless to say, Mom had to keep going!!!! I've been one of the lucky ones and never had any form of cramps at all until the last year. I've had the "labor feeling" ones a few times this year, but they usually go away in a couple of hours. I'm 39 and never had really given any thought to menopause, until I started feeling terrible most of the time!
I want to thank you for your lovely post. It is very nice to know that there is someone I can talk to, I think sometimes the worry makes all of what is going on seem worse.
Thanks for the good thoughts, it eases my mind to know that someone is doing that!
Michele

Old 08-12-2004, 08:04 PM   #4
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Aww....thanks Michele but thats what we're all here for When will hubby be home? Ya can't take care of all them rugrats if you're feeling poorly...gotta take care of Mommy too! Feel better, and keep us updated. Would a nice warm soak in the tub help, maybe?
Conni

Old 08-13-2004, 05:04 PM   #5
(female)

rugrats4 HB User

Conni,
After I spoke with you last night I felt much calmer and went to bed. I have to tell you today was soooo much better. Whatever was going on seems to be gone. Sure would like to have known what in the world it was, but I am truly glad it went away.
Thank you for being there for me when I needed someone.
Michele

Old 08-14-2004, 09:01 AM   #6
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Michele you are sooooooo very welcome. If that junk comes back again tho, get yer butt to the Doctor!!! {shaking my finger at ya!!! lol} I am glad you're feeling better
Conni

Old 08-14-2004, 09:48 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

ohio hunter HB User

my wife feels like you at that time, we have lyme disease. low grade temp achy muscels and heart palp are very common. any biting insect can spread lyme, not just ticks! find an expert lyme dr or you will get the run-around and not answers!

Old 08-14-2004, 12:10 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Rugrat: I would make a doctor appt with your gyne and explain everything you just went through. I wouldn't think it was normal to run a high fever during your period unless there was some sort of infection or you had a touch of flu while having your period, can happen , you know. But the pain and fever together, this tells me there is something else going on and who knows, can be a UTI which will effect your period and also pain and fever or kidney stones.

Andrea

Old 08-14-2004, 09:36 PM   #9
(female)

rugrats4 HB User

Andrea,
Thanks for that information, I never would have thought of UTI, I must tell you the fever had me worried that evening!! I've also started thinking something flulike since I had some major leg aches. I am going to call and get an appointment and will let you know what the "official" diagnosis is, so if this should ever happen to anyone else, they will at least have an idea of what it might be!
Ohio,
Thank you for giving me something else to think about. If you don't mind my asking, what other symptoms does your wife have? Around 10 months ago I did get bit by something, never did figure out what it was, I had what developed into a huge knot on my back and it was red with a single puncture hole in the middle, it got very hard and stayed that way for at least a week and boy was it painful to touch. I would really be interested to hear of other symptoms of lyme disease, since I do have other symptoms which I"ve been attributing to peri, but then again, maybe that really isn't the case.
I just want to let you all know I'm so happy I found this board so that I can actually talk to someone!!
Have a wonderful evening all
Michele

Closed Thread