It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2004, 11:50 PM   #1
(female)

catluvr4 HB User
Sick and tired of this peri stuff...

Everytime I think I'm beginning to feel better, PMS rears its ugly head. Woke up this morning ready to yell at everyone willing to cross my path. And let's not forget the bloating, fatique, insomnia, electric shock sensation, dizziness, etc, etc, etc.
Well, I'm sick and tired of it all, and I don't want to play this game anymore.
Thanks for letting me get this frustration off my chest; I feel a bit better now.

Old 08-18-2004, 05:32 AM   #2
(female)

joyka HB User
Re: Sick and tired of this peri stuff...

I used to think that menopause must really be hell if perimenopause was so horrible. But last year, my periods just quit in December. My life is so much more focused. No more rollercoasting. My PMS was always terrible and my periods were 21 days apart and outrageously heavy. Then it all stopped. Last year I skipped about 4 months in a row and then started again. Now it has just stopped. Even though my interest in sex dissapated and I have to take a short nap when I get home from work, life is 500 times better than before and I am not taking anything. I am kinda of moody and have a lower tolerance level around people, but its a whole lot better than what I was going thru before. Every month, I would think that I could not possibly bear one more month of that hell.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 06:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by catluvr4
Everytime I think I'm beginning to feel better, PMS rears its ugly head. Woke up this morning ready to yell at everyone willing to cross my path. And let's not forget the bloating, fatique, insomnia, electric shock sensation, dizziness, etc, etc, etc.
Thanks for letting me get this frustration off my chest; I feel a bit better now.

I know exactly what you mean. I have all of your symptoms and more.

Andrea

Old 08-18-2004, 06:36 AM   #4
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

"Well, I'm sick and tired of it all, and I don't want to play this game anymore."
Amen Sister! I'm right there with ya...
Conni

Old 08-18-2004, 09:46 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

We all feel that way I think. It sucks. I never dreamed it would be like this. At first I thought I must be dying of some dreadful disease.

Jacq.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Know how you feel!! I just got my period last week at day 30 and it seems this time around the week after is worse than the week of or before!! Just feeling lack of energy, yucky feeling and some of the other symptoms. It used to be predictable that I'd be feeling PMS 2 weeks before and then that would go away and I'd get some discomfort the week of my period. But it seems in peri it is unpredictable as far as when the symptoms hit or go away. So I empathize with your frustration.

TO the poster who said she is done with all this, thanks for the post as it really is good to know that it improves!!

rmc

Old 08-18-2004, 04:05 PM   #7
(female)

heitara HB User

I'm definitely with you all, ladies! I always had terrible pms but now everything is sooo much worse. It's like I am pmsing thirty days a month and sometimes, like this month, the afterward is worse than the before. Yesterday I was ready to destroy the house because I couldn't find a pair of trousers. I was so raged I was sure I was having a heart attack. And then the crying...and the anguished thoughts. Not to mention all the symptoms you listed. Going to see a omeopathic doc in a week. He's supposed to be specialized in peri. I'm fifty and my gyno told me this could go on for years...is it true? Please, tell me he's wrong!

Old 08-18-2004, 06:08 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyka
I used to think that menopause must really be hell if perimenopause was so horrible. But last year, my periods just quit in December. My life is so much more focused. No more rollercoasting. My PMS was always terrible and my periods were 21 days apart and outrageously heavy. Then it all stopped. Last year I skipped about 4 months in a row and then started again. Now it has just stopped. Even though my interest in sex dissapated and I have to take a short nap when I get home from work, life is 500 times better than before and I am not taking anything. I am kinda of moody and have a lower tolerance level around people, but its a whole lot better than what I was going thru before. Every month, I would think that I could not possibly bear one more month of that hell.

Joyka I really needed to read these words of encouragement. Sometimes we feel so horrible and it seems as if this will never end...or in my case I wonder if menopause is going to be better or worst, and then I read such wonderful posts like this one. Thank you...........

Old 08-18-2004, 06:15 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by catluvr4

You have definitely come to the right place. We all are quite familiar with those symptoms and many more (unfortunately). Rant and rave all you want...scream if you have to. Yes, it does make you feel a little better.
BTW I really hate that dizziness...agh......but it does get better

Old 08-19-2004, 11:25 AM   #10

MaryJet HB User

This is the worst peri day I've had so far! I want to cry, laugh, scream all at once. I feel confused, misunderstood and very lonely. My husband is a jerk, my kids are selfish and I have no friends. Work is slow so there is too much time to think. I'm broke. My biggest question today is, "what's it all for?" I am going crazy and I'm the only one who knows it.
Oh yeah, I need to get my hair coloured, I'm showing those lovely greys that make me feel sooooo much better....not. Thanx for letting me vent, now I think I'll go pull out my eyelashes!
Hugs, Mary

Old 08-19-2004, 12:15 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

I have been going through perimenopause since I was about 38 years old and I am now almost 48! My periods are the same, I wish they would at least be a little irregular, so I would know there is an end to this sometime. I think sometimes I have a whole other personality. My relationships (especially my husband really suffer). I have started a progesterone cream (two days ago) and I really hope it helps. I guess it takes time. I am constantly angry with someone and this is really bad for your physcial health, too. I feel I am constantly stressed. The only break for me is when I can calm down and take a good look at myself and pray. I have to remind myself of what is going on in my body and that this is temporary. Any other advice?
Cindy

Old 08-19-2004, 08:12 PM   #12
(female)

catluvr4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyka
Joyka, thank you sooooo very much for letting us know that things do get better. It just gives me so much hope. Hope things will keep going well for you.

Ladies, thank you all for sharing your stories and for your support. This is really the only place I got where I can vent, and someone actually understands how one feels. You all are such wonderful angels for helping and sharing.

Old 08-20-2004, 02:27 AM   #13
(female)

heitara HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJet
This is the worst peri day I've had so far! I want to cry, laugh, scream all at once. I feel confused, misunderstood and very lonely. My husband is a jerk, my kids are selfish and I have no friends. Work is slow so there is too much time to think. I'm broke. My biggest question today is, "what's it all for?" I am going crazy and I'm the only one who knows it.
Oh yeah, I need to get my hair coloured, I'm showing those lovely greys that make me feel sooooo much better....not. Thanx for letting me vent, now I think I'll go pull out my eyelashes!
Hugs, Mary
Mary..a friend of mine once said to me: "the only alternative to grow old is to die young..."

I hate too my grey hair, those tiny moustache growing, my hips getting broader and all the craziness going on inside my mind and body. There are days (like this morning) when I stand in front of the mirror and ask "who is that grouchy, weeping, unbalanced woman I can't possibly recognize?"
But then I think it's just a phase. And we can't do anything but ride the tide.
Since we have found this board, let's vent to one another when we can't take it anymore. But keep firmly in your mind "it will pass". We will be into menopause, the crazy, dreaded hormones will settle down and we'll be heading towards a brand new phase of our life...possibly better than this.

Hey..am I playing the Dalai Lama this morning or what? Sheesh...

Last edited by heitara; 08-20-2004 at 02:34 AM.

Old 08-20-2004, 06:51 AM   #14

MaryJet HB User

Heitara, thank you for those very wise words. I picked up some Hormone Balancing capsules last night at the Health Food Store. I started them last night, I hope they help. You are correct when you say we need to remind ourselves that it won't last forever. This to shall pass.

Hugs Mary

Old 08-22-2004, 04:08 PM   #15

vixation HB User

Yeah, ladies...I know exactly....if perimenopause is this horrid, do we kinda "cruise"right into menopause and then it's over? I hemorrhage, I mean gush, almost the entire month. TUesday August 24 my GYN is doing a procedure where he will remove the lining of the uterus along with fibroids which cause the intense bleeding. The anxiety part has been the most horrid...all the side effects I had from the pharmaceutical antidepressants and worst of all a year ago going to the wrong psychiatrist (yep, I must have lost ma mind) and he diagnosed me as being "bipolar" and a second opinion proved him wrong. I think in hindsite, it all boils down to this horrible perimenopause. Anyway....I'm looking forward to my procedure, as he says it will end at least 85% of the bleeding and maybe we'll just stop? Yes!!!! Now, that's faith!!! I am also trying out a NATURAL antidepressant which claims no side effects...it is found at Amoryn.com.....it's an awesome site and really makes me wanna go all natural when it's time for hormones....HRT scares me with all the cancer scares, BUT.....I'll cross that bridge then...I'm even still ovulating, at 51. No way to get pregnant, though.....that would be something, wouldn't it!!!
I encourage anyone tired of the prescription antidepressants (they all caused me horrid---I mean the worst----side effects) I was suicidal with most of 'em and Zoloft after 6 weeks made me sob non-stop uncontrollably. I couldn't sit in the doc's office without sobbing. It's been a nightmare---all those meds they've tried me on. Hopefully these natural ones will be an improvement....I said...what do I have to lose?
I feel I have been through hell the last 11 months and have really had to do a lot of praying to make it through (mornings are the worst for me emotionally....I feel I don't have a purpose or something......just doom-filled thoughts). But it's weird...I sleep all night undisturbed.
We're all so different...yet share so much in common......we women really do go through so much. Men just haven't a clue.....I don't think they could handle the emotional roller coaster as I've done so much for the last 11 months. What a wild ride. But...I have the faith after my procedure Tuesday along with the natural antidepressant...AMORYN...that things will improve and I can return to full-time work and not sob anymore!!

There is hope for us. Let's stick together and not give up. It's gonna get better, and this, too, shall pass.

Peace

Vixation

Closed Thread