It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2004, 07:44 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User
Anyone, no period for a year, still symptoms?

A couple of ladies on the board are concerned that they are still experiencing peri symptoms even though they haven't had a period for a year. I am one of them. I was wondering how many more women there were in this same situation?

I suffer from irritable bladder, irritable bowel, indigestion, increased aches and pains, gum and tooth sensitivity, 24/7 anxiety, you name it. I seem to be still cycling through in that every two weeks I get bloated and fatigued and have terrible symptoms and then two to three weeks later I feel okay and that I might make it. Also have a slight discharge which resemble ovulation.

Anyone else here?

Old 08-19-2004, 09:26 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

nornie HB User
Re: Anyone, no period for a year, still symptoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twanger
A couple of ladies on the board are concerned that they are still experiencing peri symptoms even though they haven't had a period for a year. I am one of them. I was wondering how many more women there were in this same situation?

I suffer from irritable bladder, irritable bowel, indigestion, increased aches and pains, gum and tooth sensitivity, 24/7 anxiety, you name it. I seem to be still cycling through in that every two weeks I get bloated and fatigued and have terrible symptoms and then two to three weeks later I feel okay and that I might make it. Also have a slight discharge which resemble ovulation.

Anyone else here?
Yes, definitely. Though my major symptom was the bloating and just general sluggish pre-period feeling. It didn't seem to come on any regular cycle (neither did the periods the year prior though), just every couple of weeks I'd get it, it would last about 10 days, then never knew when it would come back again. Very frustrating and uncomfortable. I got those symptoms alot after hitting the 1yr without period mark. I'm at 2 yrs now, and don't get them as often. I'm hoping, like the periods during peri, these bouts will just start coming further and further apart and eventually stop.

Nornie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2004, 10:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

Thanks, I hope that the two year mark is when things start to settle down. That would be great. I do have more energy than I had last year. It was a struggle for me to move and this was almost every day. Now I have much more energy about 65 percent of the time.

It seems that there are not a lot of women left of this board after they go through the peri stage, so maybe that is a good sign.

Old 08-19-2004, 02:08 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

nornie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twanger
It seems that there are not a lot of women left of this board after they go through the peri stage, so maybe that is a good sign.
Hmmm...never thought of it that way, but perhaps you are right! Of course, we then just appear on the other boards - thyroid, arthritis, cholesterol, hearing, etc. Just kidding...but this getting old stuff is not fun.

Nornie

Closed Thread