It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2004, 09:17 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
Andrea

Just checking on you Andrea and the stone crushing. How are you feeling?

Jacq.

Old 08-19-2004, 12:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Andrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqbu
Just checking on you Andrea and the stone crushing. How are you feeling?

Jacq.
Well, it went well, but theyhad to put a tube down my throat due to a cough I've had. I must have been re-traumatized, cause I'm full of anxiety today, full of the trembles/nervous and I hate this. I'm trying not to pay attention to it, but it does get to me at times. I haven't been using the progesterone creme either, and I've been getting more hot flashes than usual. Could be the Viocodin or the anesthesia that is making me feel anxious. I did take a Prozac today, but yesterday I didn't since I would be under narcotics anyways. How are you feeling? Are you still with Anxiety too?

Thank you and God Bless You, Jacq for thinking of me.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2004, 04:17 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

I know how hard it is when you feel anxious and nervous. It's like it's the only thing on your mind. My anxiety has been doing better. I still have spells but am better than I was. I get the other symptoms like muscle aches, dizziness, feeling like I'm in a dream, stomach discomfort, heart racing, etc. I'm going in the morning for the hormone and stress evaluation. It will be interesting to see what they do. Try to relax and go with the flow. Take a little Xanax if you have to. Maybe before you go to bed so that you can get some sleep. Are you having any discomfort from the procedure? I hope not. I bet you are glad it's over.
God Bless,
Jacq.

Old 08-20-2004, 07:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
I know how hard it is when you feel anxious and nervous. It's like it's the only thing on your mind. My anxiety has been doing better. I still have spells but am better than I was. I get the other symptoms like muscle aches, dizziness, feeling like I'm in a dream, stomach discomfort, heart racing, etc. I'm going in the morning for the hormone and stress evaluation. It will be interesting to see what they do. Try to relax and go with the flow. Take a little Xanax if you have to. Maybe before you go to bed so that you can get some sleep. Are you having any discomfort from the procedure? I hope not. I bet you are glad it's over.
God Bless,
Jacq.

It was the worse pain ever! I felt like I was in labor and when passing the stones, Oh My God! That was the worse. Still passing stones by the way and hope I don't wake up in the middle of the night again looking for my Vicodin cause I'm doubled over in pain, so much so that I feel like I can't breathe or catch my breath and my heart rate feels really low. My heart rate, by the way was only 38 during surgery, wow! But I went to a cardio in the past when I was having all that anxiety and did the stress test, did the whole thing and passed it with flying covers. Doctor told me it was just menopause. Anyways, going back Tuesday to discuss why my heart rate was so low. In the book by Dr. Weekes, she speaks of the slow heart rate with anxiety, it's rare, but people still get it. I think I'm one of them. Had my thyroid blood drawn again, they're in normal range but low. Had fasting blood cortisol done, that was in normal range too but low normal.

Andrea

Old 08-20-2004, 08:01 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

That is a low heart rate. Do you think the medicine they gave you caused that? I'm sorry about the pain. I have never had stones but a friend did once and I remember her going through a lot. I will keep you in my prayers. Did they say how long it would take to pass them all? You have children, right? Do you have anyone helping you right now?
Jacq.

Old 08-21-2004, 07:29 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
That is a low heart rate. Do you think the medicine they gave you caused that? I'm sorry about the pain. I have never had stones but a friend did once and I remember her going through a lot. I will keep you in my prayers. Did they say how long it would take to pass them all? You have children, right? Do you have anyone helping you right now?
Jacq.
I have one child. Yeah, my Mom has come over all these days to sit with me but my daughter has been at camp. Everything is okay, I don't expect everyone to help me to the max since they are all wrapped into their lives. I wish spiritually, people were like the old days when people never asked, they just helped. Yes the heart rate was low, but it can with trauma and with emotional trauma in which I am a victim of. It can happen with anxiety too, it doesn't always have to be a fast heart rate, but that is more common, a slow heart rate is less common but it happens. You can also read about it in Dr. Weekes book.

Peace and love

Andrea

Old 08-21-2004, 08:30 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

I'm glad your mom could come over. It does seem these days people stay so busy that we forget to help each other. I agree we should help each other and not worry about why. I hope you have done better today.
Thinking of you,
Jacq.

Old 08-22-2004, 08:11 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
I'm glad your mom could come over. It does seem these days people stay so busy that we forget to help each other. I agree we should help each other and not worry about why. I hope you have done better today.
Thinking of you,
Jacq.
How are you feeling?

Old 08-23-2004, 12:50 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

HI Andrea, Sorry I haven't gotten back to the boards. I have thought about you often.
Any questions? Looks like you are having alot of pain. Did you have pain when they did the lithotripsy? You said they had to put a tube down your throat because you were coughing. Never had that done but I can understand why since they want you to be so still. Are you catching your fragements. They can be very painful. I help if I can. You know me Ms. Kidney stone Queen lol
I hope you are ok. Am praying for you. Hugs, Polly

Last edited by snodove; 08-23-2004 at 12:50 PM.

Old 08-23-2004, 04:29 PM   #10
(female)

heitara HB User

Hi Andrea
I'm posting only now because in the past three days I've been in bed with a cholic. I also posted in the kidney board venting...but nobody lent a ear
I'm with you, holding your hand. I know very well how painful it can be. I eliminated some gravel and it as been an excruciating pain - almost like when you get rid of a stone. I still have two very little stones (2 mms) in each kidney so I knwo it's not over yet.
Hope you're feeling better. Let us know how you are, please.

Love
Carla

Old 08-25-2004, 01:19 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

Hi Carla,
I hope you are feeling better. I had some gravel back in March I think it was.
I had alot of pain too. I have 4 small stones in my left kidney and they haven't moved I don't think but that gravel can hurt huh.
I have had alot of stones over the past six yrs. I had one in 90.
I hope you are feeling better again. Do you take anything to prevent stones.
I am taking Potassium and a water pill. I hope this works. I had my meds changed recently and I hope it works better than what I was on. My potassium got very low. I have cal ox stones.
Take care,
Polly

Old 08-25-2004, 01:31 AM   #12
(female)

heitara HB User

Hi Polly

thank you for caring
Yes, I do feel better. I passed lots of gravel in two rows. How big are your stones? I had an ecography yesterday that showed I have two tiny stones in each kidney. It seems my body is forming them as I breathe...

Maybe we should move this discussion to the kidney formum but I feel my stones are related to peri. I never had problems with kidneys before, it all started three years ago along with Hashimoto's thyroiditis, so I'm not sure which one of the two is the cause of the obvious changing of my metabolism.

How much potassium are you taking? And what is the water pill? I also drink a tea made of an herb called "stonecrushing" which is supposed to help you dissolve them. It does indeed, last year I had seven little stones that slowly turned into gravel but this means constant pain.

At the moment I'm also getting close to pmsing..lol. It seems I'm spending my time either with cholics or with my hormones floating...well, better times are approaching, I'm sure!

Take care, thanks again.

Carla

PS: Hey Andrea, show us a sign!

Old 08-25-2004, 09:23 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
God Bless,
Jacq.
That dizziness drives me up the wall and totally feel it in the mornings and can creep up in the afternoon. I'm thinking it's coming with the anxiety and try not to pay attention to it, but sometimes it is so noticeable. Went to the cardio and he wasn't at all concerned about my low heart rate. He said that it was normal, especially after they shoved a tube down my throat. YOu know me and trauma, LOL He said I had VasoVagel which when anxious, instead of my heart always racing it reverses and goes slow but I wouldn't die from it, lol I remember when I was having panic attacks in the car, oh yeah, thought all my organs stopped, they were going so slow.

Old 08-25-2004, 09:29 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snodove
HI Andrea, Sorry I haven't gotten back to the boards. I have thought about you often.
Any questions? Looks like you are having alot of pain. Did you have pain when they did the lithotripsy? You said they had to put a tube down your throat because you were coughing. Never had that done but I can understand why since they want you to be so still. Are you catching your fragements. They can be very painful. I help if I can. You know me Ms. Kidney stone Queen lol
I hope you are ok. Am praying for you. Hugs, Polly

I've missed you so much, Polly! I was so worried about you, I thought you got sick from the Potassium or something. I'm glad you're okay! I had so much pain after the litho, they shocked me 2000 times and I was so anxious. I took my meds, caught the stones and have taken them in today, also had a kub and see the urologist on Monday of next week. My stomach still swells and I still have pain and sometimes when I take a deep breath it hurts on my right side (where I had the surger) in the back and then front. I'm still passing stones here and there, little gravels but they still irritate or hurt. I felt like I was in labor again. I took the stones in today, but they said it takes a while to come back. Hope not. They told me not to take anything, at least the nurses did, but my doc didn't say anything. I am taking my multi-vitamin, I don't care what the nurse says, I get kind of anemic when I lose blood. I'm not taking the slow mag, which has calcium and mag in it and I miss it, but I will survive without that, but need the multi-vitamin. Hope they find out soon what caused it, dont' want to ever go through this again. I was suppose to do those exercises, haven't done them yet and it's been a week, where you drink two glasses of water, wait 30 mins. and then lie flat on your face with your but in the air, and then 30 mins with the kidney in the air. Just can't get around to doing that. Well my period is around the corner, can't tell if I feel that or it'sthe kidney stones, lol! I didn't do the progesterone creme this month, my gyne told me to take a break from it and see how I do, so I am, but boy am I crabby! Snappy! But I will probably go back to it so I don't get more hot flashes than I'm already getting or too estrogen dominant, even though I'm losing that too! How's the potassium working out for you?

Andrea

Old 08-25-2004, 09:33 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitara
Hi Andrea
I'm posting only now because in the past three days I've been in bed with a cholic. I also posted in the kidney board venting...but nobody lent a ear
I'm with you, holding your hand. I know very well how painful it can be. I eliminated some gravel and it as been an excruciating pain - almost like when you get rid of a stone. I still have two very little stones (2 mms) in each kidney so I knwo it's not over yet.
Hope you're feeling better. Let us know how you are, please.

Love
Carla
Hi Carla. Sorry, been in pain. I've got a ear for you. I only visited the kidney board once, so can't really respond on that. Do you get any burning in the stomach area with this kidney ordeal? Passing stones is like being in labor without meds. Doc says it takes awhile to pass all the stones. ARe you doing any exercises they told you, like laying your face downand butt in the air after you drink two glasses of water. I just can't get myself to do this. I know it's beneficial for me, but I've just been through the mill and just don't want to go through any more storms right now. The last two years of my life have been horrible, car accident, brothers death, now kidney stone and perimenopause, eek! I need a pleasant break for a change and I deserve it. Let me know how you're feeling.

Andrea

Closed Thread