It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2004, 03:22 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Live-Life-to-Love HB User
When do you know you've taken too much of natural progesterone?

Old 08-22-2004, 04:14 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User
Re: When do you know you've taken too much of natural progesterone?

When I have too much progesterone, I get the bad effects of it. Irritability, mood swings, hot flashes. I use to use the progest creme before I had a hysto. Now that I had a hystorectomy I can't use progesterone creme.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2004, 04:47 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

I was told to use it day 12 through 26 of my cycle. I still ovulate. Also when you first use it, it may magnify your symptoms for a short period of time until your body adjusts.
Jacq.

Old 08-22-2004, 08:00 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Well, I've been using progesterone creme (natural) by Natragest for almost 3 years. This month, I've not used it all, just doing a test on something. But I might use it from day 21 and on and see what happens. I'm 45, almost 46 and I really should be using it 3 weeks out of 4, but my experience here is, if I don't get my period on time, then I'm using it continuously until I do. Now, many argue this, but I'm telling you for me, if I discontinue it, it will cause me to bleed irregularly and spot irregularly, I've done this twice already. Natural Progesterone creme has helped me greatly with hot flashes believe it or not. It makes me sleep better at night. Now, the symptoms of over doing progesterone are fatigue and depression. But please don't confuse that with your perimenopause or menopause symptoms. The best way to stay in control of this is to begin with a 1/4 teaspoon twice daily and then increase to 1/2 the week before your period is due. I simply use it once a day now, but when I was really wacky hormonal wise, I used it twice a day. Anyways, at first it was cause the estrogen dominance to go crazy and then after a few months you will notice a change. Progesterone is not something to play with, even in it's natural form, it is still a hormone, so if you are going to use it, then use it otherwise if you find yourself going on and off of it in the middle of cycle, well you are going to throw your hormones off balance, trust me, been there, done that! Hope this helps.

Andrea

Old 08-22-2004, 02:54 PM   #5

PennyD HB User

The most predominant symptom I have noticed in myself is being very sleepy and fatigued. Sometimes I feel it builds up in my system. At present the pharmacist who makes my cream suggested I use it days 7 until 25. I am only going to day 21 this cycle I believe I am on build up. I wasn't getting enough with the method my endo/gyn prescribed, days 14 until new cycle starts, so the pharmacist suggested days 7-25. Now I believe that is too many days for me.
Penny

Old 08-22-2004, 06:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyD
The most predominant symptom I have noticed in myself is being very sleepy and fatigued. Sometimes I feel it builds up in my system. At present the pharmacist who makes my cream suggested I use it days 7 until 25. I am only going to day 21 this cycle I believe I am on build up. I wasn't getting enough with the method my endo/gyn prescribed, days 14 until new cycle starts, so the pharmacist suggested days 7-25. Now I believe that is too many days for me.
Penny
You will know Penny, cause it's your body.

Old 08-23-2004, 10:41 AM   #7

Snowing HB User

My Dr. told me to use 2 mg twice a day, every day.

Old 08-23-2004, 03:09 PM   #8

PennyD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowing
My Dr. told me to use 2 mg twice a day, every day.
Are you saying two milligrams? My cream comes in 100 milligrams and I am to use 50 ml a.m. and 50 ml p.m.

Last edited by PennyD; 08-23-2004 at 03:10 PM.

Closed Thread