It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2004, 08:50 AM   #1
(female)

bluffie HB User
Keeping the Climara patch from slipping off

I'm on the Climara hormone patch, which is supposed to stay on for a week before changing. I'm having trouble keeping it from lifting during showers. Anyone else have that problem?

Old 08-24-2004, 01:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
Re: Keeping the Climara patch from slipping off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane M
I'm on the Climara hormone patch, which is supposed to stay on for a week before changing. I'm having trouble keeping it from lifting during showers. Anyone else have that problem?
Already posted a question regarding how to keep a patch on during a shower. The responses seem to indicate:

1) Some brands stick better than others. Ask your doctor for another kind if this one just doesn't seem compatible with your skin.

2) Try removing all oils and water from your skin by swabbing with rubbing alcohol before putting the patch on.

3) I find that if I manage to get the patch on without wrinkles it stays on longer. Takes practice.

4) Putting a couple of strips of waterproof bandage tape over the patch before you step into the shower seems to help. Carefully remove the tape afterwards, or you may wind up with irritations from the glue in the tape.

5) I find that putting the patch on the side of my hip helps, positioning it so that (a) I can reach it to put the waterproof tape on without too much contortions, (b) it's positioned over fat not bone -- not too difficult in my case!, and (c) the patch is covered by my panties so that it doesn't get rubbed off by moving clothes. I tried once putting it on my thigh, thinking that there is plenty of fat there, and it would be easier to reach, but it rubbed off under my jeans before the day was out.

Good luck!

Last edited by rheanna; 08-24-2004 at 01:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread