It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2004, 12:15 PM   #1

denise48 HB User
stomach pain and weight lose

Is there anybody with stomach pain, diarrhea and weight lose due to hormone imblance? and if yes what should I do to balance my hormones. No days are good for me. Seems like I am having a period everyday, I had a partial hysterecomy. I am drowning.

Old 08-20-2004, 03:45 PM   #2
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User
Re: stomach pain and weight lose

Denise, you poor thing!!! I went through a 4 month similar situation last year about this time, I think thats when my hormones and symptoms really started raging!! Mine was caused by stress, the stress brought on by all the weird things happening to my body! (its like a vicious circle) As soon as my doc put me on lexapro (which I only took for 10 days cause it weirded me out) and ativan as needed, and with lots of prayer and watching what I ate, it eased up some, but is still there. I lost 25 lbs in a month just because I didn't want to eat because I didn't know what it would do to my stomach and bowels, seemed like everything was in an uproar. I have IBS and GERD and when the hormones howl it all goes crazy! I can look back now and say "that was caused by this, this will ease up when that starts...etc" but I was scared I was dying!!! Really scared! I don't have any good advice for you, just wanted to tell you I know how you feel, and yes, I believe hormones and flagyl (given to me because my doc thought I had a bacterial infection, I think he couldn't find anything and just gave up and gave me that crap) cause my tummy troubles. Hormones play a part in how everything in the body functions, and unfortunately sounds like ours are mostly messing with our guts. If it worries you alot tho, please go to your doc and discuss it and maybe get something to help. I know I should be grateful that the horrible time I had then is over....but I sure wish I coulda kept that weight and the +10 more pounds off that I've gained since!!! AAArrrrggghh! I understand too about the feeling that no days are good....I actually have several good ones a month now...but I'm greedy, I want them all to be good!!!
Take care of yourself, I'll keep good thoughts for you
Conni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2004, 04:23 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

I went through some awful months when mine first started. I too thought I was dying and had all kinds of tests. I never dreamed hormone imbalance could be this bad. I went weeks where I could hardly function. I cried like crazy. I was getting where I couldn't stand to go any where. I take Zoloft but it took a good while to work. I wonder if it's more my body is more used to the imbalance. I had awful nausea at first and lost 30 pounds from not being able to eat. I can say I think this is one of the worst experiences I have been through so I can truely relate.
God go with you.
Jacq.

Old 08-20-2004, 07:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

This ladies is called anxiety and perimenopause can bring this on. I lost 19 pounds in 2 months. Yes, now I eat like a pig, LOL But I'm still anxious.

Andrea

Old 08-24-2004, 07:30 AM   #5

denise48 HB User

You all have been very helpful in helping me understand the gut feelings. It is calm at this present moment. I have this problem every three weeks, hopefully it will end one day. I am taking Aciphex for my ibs, multivitamins, and drinking a soy energy milk shake daily. I feel a lot better. Thanks for your concern.

Closed Thread