It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2004, 06:02 PM   #1

sgwlamb HB User
Excessive bleeding

I was recently diagnosed as being in perimenopause and placed on prempro 0.625mg/2.5. I have not had a menstrual cycle since. May. On Friday I began to have a small amount of bleeding which has progressed to changing my tmapon and pad around 3x an hour. I am also passing large clots. I went to see jmy gyno today and he took me off the prempro for one week, told me to take Ibuprophen 800 mg every 8 hours ( this is suppose to help with the bleeding.) and scheduled me for a pelvic ultrasound tomorrow. anyone else had this problem. does this sound normal. I am 45 and all of this came on suddenly. any answers woudl be great. thanks in advance
steph

Old 08-23-2004, 07:50 PM   #2

jesdan HB User
Re: Excessive bleeding

Hi, I had the same problem and then bled for a month straight! Thanks to the book by Dr Lee i started using natural progesterone cream and gave up caffeine, and it has stopped the bleeding.I also was passing LARGE clots and changing pads very often in an hours time.Good idea to check things out with your doctor for your own peace of mind.If you don't already have the book by Jonn R Lee, M.D. "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause" I would highly recommend it.Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2004, 02:29 PM   #3

mtngrl57 HB User

The last period I had had me passing huge clots and I bled for two months! It was awful. There were some times during those two months where I had cramps but the clots and the heavy bleeding were the worst!
I started using progest. cream and I stopped bleeding. I don't know if that had anything to do with the end or if it was really the cream that stopped it but I am so glad that it did. I had to stay so close to home because of it that I was terribly frustrated!

I hope you find what works for you.
mtngrl

Old 08-24-2004, 09:29 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User

Progest is wonderful for excessive bleeding. When I was perimenpause I was having 2 periods month. I went back to the one period a month. Progest is good for other symptoms too, like, irritability, mood swings, and insomnia.

Old 08-25-2004, 04:56 AM   #5

sgwlamb HB User

Just an update on my heavy bleeding. I went to see my gyn on monday and had a pelvic ultrasound yesterday. I was told that my uterus is "full " of little fibroids and one large one. Has or does anyone else have this problem, and what has your md's done for this? I also have a small cyst on my ovary which would explain the discomfort I feel each month in my right side. any feedback would be appreciated. thanks
sgwlamb

Old 08-25-2004, 02:24 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User

I suffered with fibroids for 4 years. They altared my periods and caused excessive bleeding and 2 periods a month. The progest did help with that.
I had lots of fibroids and one large one the size of a grapefruit. My uterus was the size of a 12 month pregnancy. What began to happen was I had to urinate every 15 minutes and it became painful. It was painful to sleep at night. SOOOOOO, I finally decided to have a hysto with ovaries left in. For me the experience was good. I felt so much better after the surgery! I had a vaginal hysto. The post op is much shorter. I didn't need any hormones after my ovaries kicked in again. Check the search engines on fibroids and hystorectomies. There are some good support groups out there. I tried to post a website yesterday and this board will not let it post. (sorry).......

Closed Thread