It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2004, 09:19 AM   #1

kellykay HB User
hot flash

well hello everyone.. i have a hot flash question.. i am 41 years old ..two years ago i started to have irregular periods. every six weeks to three mmonths. i started having low grade fevers and hot flashes as well..

now i am seeing an immunologist for the investigation of autoimmune disease.. i have alot more symptoms. like joint pain swelling that are clearing not menopause.. but some tell me it is perimenopause and others not..
lately i am getting hot flashes and night sweats every day all day long i have been up this morning for two hours and i have counted over 10 hot flashes..
it seems to me that coffee makes it worse. as well as a hot bath or hot tub.. does this sound like peri menopause.. i think it may be only due to the fact that my system is not well.. anyone have any comments to make

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2004, 01:08 PM   #2

susan62 HB User
Re: hot flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellykay
well hello everyone.. i have a hot flash question.. i am 41 years old ..two years ago i started to have irregular periods. every six weeks to three mmonths. i started having low grade fevers and hot flashes as well..

now i am seeing an immunologist for the investigation of autoimmune disease.. i have alot more symptoms. like joint pain swelling that are clearing not menopause.. but some tell me it is perimenopause and others not..
lately i am getting hot flashes and night sweats every day all day long i have been up this morning for two hours and i have counted over 10 hot flashes..
it seems to me that coffee makes it worse. as well as a hot bath or hot tub.. does this sound like peri menopause.. i think it may be only due to the fact that my system is not well.. anyone have any comments to make
Peri brings on autoimmune disorders or makes the symptoms worse and I do know some diseases like multiple sclerosis are made worse with hot weather and hot showers believe me this peri stuff is not fun.Susan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2004, 05:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User

It seems like when dr.s have no answers they say it's either related to stress and anxiety or menopause.
sometimes it's harder for them to detect whats going on because it can mimick these first two things if the diagnosis just doesn't jump out at them.
when are you going to get an answer kellykay from the immunologist? could you please keep us posted on your health? I'm curious too because I'm 44 and premenopausal myself with a battery of problems. I'm falling apart.
I was getting the hot flashes too and severe night sweats, but it suddenly stopped. It might have been the paxil I was taking at the time. the furnace like heat that would radiate just up my back at the oddest times was uncomfortable. I understand what you're going through and really hope you get some answers.
why do we have to suffer like this? I realize every woman goes through meno differently. there has to be an answer.

Old 08-25-2004, 10:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellykay

I was getting low grade fevers with my hot flashes too. I thought it was my thyroid. I also had a UTI going on at the same time. Don't drink coffee unless you want to have a hot flash, anything hot at that matter including seasoned foods and sugary foods.

Old 08-25-2004, 10:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lintek
It seems like when dr.s have no answers they say it's either related to stress and anxiety or menopause.
sometimes it's harder for them to detect whats going on because it can mimick these first two things if the diagnosis just doesn't jump out at them.
when are you going to get an answer kellykay from the immunologist? could you please keep us posted on your health? I'm curious too because I'm 44 and premenopausal myself with a battery of problems. I'm falling apart.
I was getting the hot flashes too and severe night sweats, but it suddenly stopped. It might have been the paxil I was taking at the time. the furnace like heat that would radiate just up my back at the oddest times was uncomfortable. I understand what you're going through and really hope you get some answers.
why do we have to suffer like this? I realize every woman goes through meno differently. there has to be an answer.
I find that the ssri drugs help wtih hot flashes too. I'm taking Prozac only 10 mg. and it helped alot. I know that feeling of falling apart..

Closed Thread