It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2004, 03:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User
breast pain

I am 44 with one ovary left, due to a cyst that became abcessed and paratubal cyst. so L/ovary and tube removed yr.2000.
which brings me to now,with one ovary and a chronic hemmoragic cyst,a small fibroid and adenomyosis.
My gyno never did any tests to determine the level of my hormones to see if I'm approaching menoapause early due to the trouble with the one ovary.
I was getting hot flashes just up my back a few months ago plus excessive night sweats. I lost ALOT of weight without trying and was so weak I could barely make it through the work day or even cook for my family when I got home.
they couldn't find anything through the blood work so they are relating it to stress and anxiety. I've had woman tell me to get my hormone levels checked and that could be the problem. I've never heard of this possibility.
I now have horrible breast pain the past few months in my cycle and remember yrs.ago someone mentioning vitamins would help this.
Does anyone know which vitamins it is? is it the B and E vitamins?
I understand that right before menopause our bodies will produce an overload of estrogen which can be the reason for the pain. I'm not worried that it's anything else but just an overload of estrogen.
this menopause things really stinks! just getting through life emotionally is difficult enough at this stage in life. with the kids growing and being in their early 20's is causing me to have a nervous breakdown. they just don't take advice. let alone now I have to deal with such a drastic change physically.
I never ever knew that menopause can cause such a change in us physically.
especially mentally. I feel like a two yr. old that's just learning how to spell.
I can't even remember how to spell simple words. talk about foggy brain.
I really need some suggestions here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2004, 09:50 AM   #2

PennyD HB User
Re: breast pain

lintek,
My Endo/Gyn told me to take B-complex vits to help with my fibrcystic breast. Maybe that would help you too. When I first started using natrual progesterone cream my blood work showed my progesterone level as 1. So I was very very estrogen dominant. After 3 cycles of using the cream the estrogen awoke and decided it did not want to share my body with progesterone! I have bad breast pain, so yes I do believe high levels of estrogen can cause breast pain. Have you contacted your doctor to discuss the cyclic breast pain? By the way I will be 44 next month, but have not had any surgeries, or cysts or fibroids.
Penny

Old 08-30-2004, 04:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User
Re: breast pain

Thanks Penny for the info. I will try the B-vitamins.
anything to stop this pain. when I get my period the painful breasts stop. But not this cycle.
there is still pain in the nipple area,deep within. I can't lean anything against my breasts it hurts so much. Plus under the right arm pit, it is killing me. I don't feel any abnormal lumps. I have a chain of cysts that are always enlarged on the outer portion of the breast. Only on the right side. A mammo can't pick that area up. It can't get onto the plate. I am going to the dr.this week for my annual ck up and will mention this. I wanted to take the natural route rather than drug route if able to.
Both of my sister have been afflicted with breast cancer. One of them had both breasts removed instead of a lumpectomy, because there was no lump. it was in the ductal area and it showed up as calcification on the mammo.
the other sister had a recurring cyst that was drained and came back. so the surgeon tested it and sure enough it has cancer cells in it. No surgery was performed but she was referred to a cancer specialtist and is taking tamoxifan.
it is working wonderfully. there is no sign of progression and she has to continue taking it another 2 yrs. this sister is my half sister. the other sister is my whole sister.
regarding genetics, I thought I should mention that. I guess it makes a difference to the dr.s

Closed Thread