It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2004, 07:03 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 782
susieblueyes HB User
syntest h.s. to take or not to take???????????

Hi,
I posted here about 3 weeks ago about just being diagnosed menopause.I started syntest h.s. and do feel alot better. NO more hot flashes, moods better, desiring sex alittle more and just all together feel better.But everyone is telling mne to get off the meds.I have gained some weight.
Can anyone tell me what I might take or use if I go off the meds? I wanted to try some of the new weight loss pills they have out but can't while I'm on the hormone pills.Also on another board there is a pill to boost your sex drive, but I believe you can't take any of these while on hormone pills?And everyone tells me the hormone pills are BAD Why do Doctors automatically perscribe these awful pills if they are so bad?
Thank you,

Sue

 
Old 08-28-2004, 07:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 2,124
ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: syntest h.s. to take or not to take???????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieblueyes
Hi,
I posted here about 3 weeks ago about just being diagnosed menopause.I started syntest h.s. and do feel alot better. NO more hot flashes, moods better, desiring sex alittle more and just all together feel better.But everyone is telling mne to get off the meds.I have gained some weight.
Can anyone tell me what I might take or use if I go off the meds? I wanted to try some of the new weight loss pills they have out but can't while I'm on the hormone pills.Also on another board there is a pill to boost your sex drive, but I believe you can't take any of these while on hormone pills?And everyone tells me the hormone pills are BAD Why do Doctors automatically perscribe these awful pills if they are so bad?
Thank you,

Sue

What is syntest h.s.? Just curious. If this is making you feel better, why get off of it? If it is a weight issue, then maybe you can be more selective on what you eat while taking syntest.

Andrea

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 08-28-2004, 03:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 782
susieblueyes HB User
Re: syntest h.s. to take or not to take???????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante
What is syntest h.s.? Just curious. If this is making you feel better, why get off of it? If it is a weight issue, then maybe you can be more selective on what you eat while taking syntest.

Andrea
Hi,
It is a hormone replacement.I have heard that they are no good.

 
Old 08-28-2004, 03:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 2,124
ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: syntest h.s. to take or not to take???????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieblueyes
Hi,
It is a hormone replacement.I have heard that they are no good.
I never heard of it. Hmmm. It's synthetic? In other words, it's not natural?

Andrea

 
Old 08-28-2004, 06:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 782
susieblueyes HB User
Re: syntest h.s. to take or not to take???????????

Andrea,
Syntest *s ano***r name for Estratest wh*ch conta*ns estrogen hormone and a testosterone hormone.*t *s used to rel*eve symptoms assoc*ated w*th menopause that have not been rel*eved by estrogen alone.* don't know *f th*s helps at all. * don't know *'m just confused * have heard where ***se k*nd of meds cause breast cancer and whatever else people say????????????

 
Old 08-28-2004, 06:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 2,124
ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: syntest h.s. to take or not to take???????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sus*eblueyes
Andrea,
Syntest *s ano***r name for Estratest wh*ch conta*ns estrogen hormone and a testosterone hormone.*t *s used to rel*eve symptoms assoc*ated w*th menopause that have not been rel*eved by estrogen alone.* don't know *f th*s helps at all. * don't know *'m just confused * have heard where ***se k*nd of meds cause breast cancer and whatever else people say????????????

yes, * understand. My doctor gave me estrogen and progesterone toge***r, sa*d *t was safe but haven't taken *t cause * don't feel *t safe, espec*ally now that * have f*brocyst*c breasts. But you can have b*odent*cal estrogen wh*ch *s s*m*lar to your body estrogen and *t's suppose to be natural.

Andrea

 
Old 08-31-2004, 05:26 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 782
susieblueyes HB User
Re: syntest h.s. to take or not to take???????????

HI, so it is ok to take depresson pills while on this hormone pill?I was on Welbutrin also but took myself off and have not been back to the dr.Should I start taking it again?Should I call the Dr. first.AS far as the weight....I dont eat alot and recently had some foot surgery. I have just started walking again, I'm up to a mile a day.Use to do 5 miles.I go back to work tomorrow and Im going to weigh myself before I start the day.I went to the Drfor my Lupus yesterday and I had only gained 2 lbs. But I think Since I have been walking I must have lost some.I still feel very bloated and fat.Thank you, Sue

 
Old 08-31-2004, 07:42 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 2,124
ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: syntest h.s. to take or not to take???????????

I don't think there is anything wrong with taking hormones and anti-depressants. I take Prozac which is a ssri drug. Is Welbrutin an ssri drug? If so, according to my gyne, you can take hormones and ssri drugs.

Andrea

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Does anyone take Provigil? Does it work hollygirl33 Chronic Fatigue 4 06-03-2010 07:51 PM
How often do you have to take a narcotic pain killer ? Piano-Girl Fibromyalgia 47 10-09-2008 05:05 PM
Panic Medication Advice - Help me. What should i take? I take Xanax XR 2MG and more.. skygazer629 Panic Disorders 1 09-29-2007 05:31 AM
When do you take your medicine? Kim913 High Cholesterol 5 11-18-2006 09:42 PM
So Many Have Asked..here Is What I Take Torry1028 Hepatitis 4 08-01-2006 01:19 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!