It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2004, 11:27 AM   #1
(female)

busymommy HB Userbusymommy HB User
Question Are These Peri Symptoms?

Hi, All

I've posted on other boards but not yet this one. I'm hoping for some others out there with the same symptoms (not that misery loves company, LOL)!

I'm 45. For a year now, I've suffered from ovarian cysts, functional in nature. Until they burst, I'm miserable with symptoms for weeks at a time (fatigue, nausea, horrible lower back pain, pelvic pain, rectal pressure, on and on). This last round is still leaving me with symptoms. I believe the cyst(s) burst and you would think I'd feel better...no way! My lower and upper back are still killing me and I have rectal pressure. My doctor prescribed a muscle relaxant and pain reliever I've been taking for 10 days now. I've also had an x-ray of the lumbar area and am awaiting the results. When on the medications, my back feels better but I always feel the pain "lurking" in the background. The rectal pressure and pelvic pain are also nagging.

Ok all of you out there. Anyone have/had this? What is it? I'm going crazy. I'd even look forward to a colonoscopy if I thought they'd find anything, but the gastro doctor I saw awhile back was not at all convinced it was colon/bowel related.

As a side note, before this last episode hit, I felt "good" for almost 2 months straight. Go figure.

Take care to all and I wish us all good (or at least "better") health! These boards are wonderful!

busymommy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2004, 12:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Are These Peri Symptoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymommy
Hi, All

I've posted on other boards but not yet this one. I'm hoping for some others out there with the same symptoms (not that misery loves company, LOL)!

I'm 45. For a year now, I've suffered from ovarian cysts, functional in nature. Until they burst, I'm miserable with symptoms for weeks at a time (fatigue, nausea, horrible lower back pain, pelvic pain, rectal pressure, on and on). This last round is still leaving me with symptoms. I believe the cyst(s) burst and you would think I'd feel better...no way! My lower and upper back are still killing me and I have rectal pressure. My doctor prescribed a muscle relaxant and pain reliever I've been taking for 10 days now. I've also had an x-ray of the lumbar area and am awaiting the results. When on the medications, my back feels better but I always feel the pain "lurking" in the background. The rectal pressure and pelvic pain are also nagging.

Ok all of you out there. Anyone have/had this? What is it? I'm going crazy. I'd even look forward to a colonoscopy if I thought they'd find anything, but the gastro doctor I saw awhile back was not at all convinced it was colon/bowel related.

As a side note, before this last episode hit, I felt "good" for almost 2 months straight. Go figure.

Take care to all and I wish us all good (or at least "better") health! These boards are wonderful!

busymommy
Busymommy, seen you elsewhere. Yes, I would say just by your age you are perimenopause. I get the ovarian cysts too, they are pretty normal at our age. Anyways, you can get that horrible IBS and spastic colon in perimenopause, not to mention kidney stones and bladder irritation, etc.. I'm sure all of us here would love to hear you vent, so welcome aboard to the right board, LOL

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2004, 01:51 PM   #3
(female)

busymommy HB Userbusymommy HB User
Re: Are These Peri Symptoms?

Hi, Andrea:

Thanks for the welcome. Actually, I did post here before, come to think of it! Gee, is memory loss a sign of perimenopause? If so, I'm there!

I guess I'll keep on my doctor until she can't come up with anything "really" wrong with me. Then, I'll trudge through this whole thing. For two whole months, I felt really well and loved it! Now, back to "you know what." What a drag.

When I need a laugh to feel better, I'll be back to this board.

Take care!

perimommy

P.S. If any of you others out there have any/all of my symptoms, please post.

Closed Thread