It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2004, 06:27 PM   #1
(female)

KathyK2970 HB User
Unhappy Am I losing my mind??

Some days I sure feel like I am! I should mention that I'm 34, mother of 2. For the last 18 months my periods have been crazy . . . I'll spot (dark brown) for a week, bleed heavy for 2 days, then spot for another 5 days. I had a vaginal ultrasound to rule out cysts or anything like that, and it came back fine. I'm always cold, but wake up at night drenched in sweat. I seem to have no short-term memory . . . I'm moody/extremely emotional 2-3 weeks out of the month - which is AWFUL for my DH & kids. . . I get migraines around the time of my period . . . 2 this month! I recently discovered I have 3 benign (I had a biopsy) fibroid adenomas in one breast, which get larger around my period. Could I possibly be pre-menopausal, or could my hormones just be out of wack? My Gyn tried me on 2 different kinds of BCP's, but neither of them did anything to change my symptoms. I saw a "natural" doctor for 4 months to see if he could help . . . I was on several supplements, but again, no change in anything. I'm thinking about trying Estoven to see if that helps. . . anyone had any help from that? I'd appreciate any words of advice I can get - thank you!!!

KathyK

Old 09-02-2004, 04:41 PM   #2

justhangnout HB User
Re: Am I losing my mind??

Hi Kathy,
Sometimes you do feel like your losing your mind when your hormones are off...........It sure makes life difficult...........

I know that progesterone can help to regulate your periods, helps with irritability, insominia, and extra bleeding........Has any of your natural MDs recommended this for you? Even GYNS will put patients on progesterone to allivate your symtoms. You can find lots of natural progesterone products on the net or in your health food stores..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2004, 05:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Hi Kathy,
You sound like you're having peri-meno symptoms to me! Don't know if I can be of much help, but try taking Magnesium (1,000 mg/daily) - it is suppose to help with the migraines. I noticed since I started taking Mag regularly for months now and I no longer have headaches. I tried Estroven before - didn't do anything for me. Are you taking Evening Primrose Oil? That, along with tons of other supplements and vits, are suppose to help with PMS and meno symptoms....you have to take it for a while.

Molly

[
Quote:
QUOTE=KathyK2970] Some days I sure feel like I am! I should mention that I'm 34, mother of 2. For the last 18 months my periods have been crazy . . . I'll spot (dark brown) for a week, bleed heavy for 2 days, then spot for another 5 days. I had a vaginal ultrasound to rule out cysts or anything like that, and it came back fine. I'm always cold, but wake up at night drenched in sweat. I seem to have no short-term memory . . . I'm moody/extremely emotional 2-3 weeks out of the month - which is AWFUL for my DH & kids. . . I get migraines around the time of my period . . . 2 this month! I recently discovered I have 3 benign (I had a biopsy) fibroid adenomas in one breast, which get larger around my period. Could I possibly be pre-menopausal, or could my hormones just be out of wack? My Gyn tried me on 2 different kinds of BCP's, but neither of them did anything to change my symptoms. I saw a "natural" doctor for 4 months to see if he could help . . . I was on several supplements, but again, no change in anything. I'm thinking about trying Estoven to see if that helps. . . anyone had any help from that? I'd appreciate any words of advice I can get - thank you!!!

KathyK
[/QUOTE]

Old 09-03-2004, 12:45 PM   #4

Z'sMom HB User

I have many of the same symptoms as you (38, mom of 2 a teen & a toddler WITH a constantly traveling hubby) so please, you are NOT alone.

I DO take Estroven, extra strength. Yes, it is helpful although I'm still evaluating HOW helpful. Mostly I see changes in the night sweating and constant waking up...then again, with a 3.5 year old I'm up sometimes regardless of my hormones !

You're not losing your mind...you are struggling with the same issues I am. So far, medical help has NOT been a solution for me. How many more tests can they do before I look like a pincushion ? This board is helpful I think and finding the right "mix" of products that work for you.

Do you exercise consistently, out of the house, without the children? I think that was very important & helpful for me in terms of "moderating" my emotionalism...it gives me somewhat of a "break" from Mommyness too.

Closed Thread