It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2004, 09:34 AM   #1

mariechiz HB User
perimenopause

This "perimenopause" thing is too much. I am almost 49 and for the last 7 years I have been experiencing irregular periods with heavy bleeding. After reading the symptoms, geez I have almost all of them, not at the same time, but just about everything except hot flashes.

I can remember the first time I missed my period, I ran out to get a pregnancy test! I am now going on 4 months since my last cycle. And what is weird is, the gas "feeling" I get, makes it feel like movement!

My history is full, I've had my left ovary and tube removed because of endometriosis, after trying naturally for 10 years, at the age of 41 I gave birth to a son. Our daughter was 14 at the time.

One question I do have, will menopause come earlier to me since I only have one ovary and tube?

Marie

Old 09-02-2004, 02:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: perimenopause

Hi there. I don't believe that losing an ovary and tube would cause you too have early menopause but what it would cause is an early perimenopause, cause you cut your ovulation in half when the procedure was done. You can produce and function quite well with just one ovary and tube. Hope this answers your questions there. Now as far as your symptoms for the past 7 years, well here's a reminder...PERIMENOPAUSE!!!!! LOL!!! Now, when I stop and think of the women of our past like our mothers, etc., wow, so wonder they were sending them to the institution left and right. This is something else, isn't it?

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2004, 04:49 PM   #3

justhangnout HB User

Hi Marie,
Perimenapause can start as early as 34 years of age now for women. Its being attributed to the hormones that have been put in our foods. Girls begin their periods much earlier along with developing at an early age.

Have you tried progesterone creme for your symptoms? It works for all the things you mentioned. I think at peri-menapuse women get estrogen dominant. There are many good books on perimenapuse & menapause....Check out your search engine on the net.

Old 09-02-2004, 04:54 PM   #4

mariechiz HB User

Thanks for the response!

I will look into progesterone cream.

Closed Thread