It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2004, 02:57 PM   #1

miller01 HB User
hormone saliva testing results

I am 39 yo premenopausal with hypothyroidism. After not feeling well for 4 years, I have bypassed docs and ordered a home saliva testing kit. Here are the results:

Estradiol 2.3 1.0-5.0 Range

Progesterone 57 100-600 Range*

Progesterone/Estrogen Ratio 25 50-200 Range*

Testesterone 37 20-50 Range

DHEA-S 15.8 3-10 Range*

Cortisol Morning 13.1 3-8 Range*

Cortisol Noon 2.8 2-4 Range

Cortisol Evening .3 1-2 Range*

Cortisol Night 1.3 .5-1.5 Range

Now, dose anyone have experience with saliva testing? I have fax'd this to my endocrinologist, as well as alternative doc to see what they say.

I think that this hypothyroidism has something to do with the low progesterone. But why elevated cortisol and DHEA-S?

Anyone using natural progesterone cream? Why are you using it and how do you feel?

If you have any input on any of these hormones, as well as testing, please let me know. I am still on my journey...

Thanks!

Old 09-02-2004, 03:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: hormone saliva testing results

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller01
I am 39 yo premenopausal with hypothyroidism. After not feeling well for 4 years, I have bypassed docs and ordered a home saliva testing kit. Here are the results:

Estradiol 2.3 1.0-5.0 Range

Progesterone 57 100-600 Range*

Progesterone/Estrogen Ratio 25 50-200 Range*

Testesterone 37 20-50 Range

DHEA-S 15.8 3-10 Range*

Cortisol Morning 13.1 3-8 Range*

Cortisol Noon 2.8 2-4 Range

Cortisol Evening .3 1-2 Range*

Cortisol Night 1.3 .5-1.5 Range

Now, dose anyone have experience with saliva testing? I have fax'd this to my endocrinologist, as well as alternative doc to see what they say.

I think that this hypothyroidism has something to do with the low progesterone. But why elevated cortisol and DHEA-S?

Anyone using natural progesterone cream? Why are you using it and how do you feel?

If you have any input on any of these hormones, as well as testing, please let me know. I am still on my journey...

Thanks!
Okay, having a low progesterone can have something to do with your thyroid, yes, but generally after 35 you are not ovulating on a regular basis so therefore, during perimenopause, your progesterone is going to be low that is the whole idea of using a natural progesterone creme. Having a high cortisol level may totally have something to do with your thyroid but it can also be perimenopause too. I would also do a ACTH test, which tests your adrenaline glands and pituatary gland in the brain. Now, you must feel pretty zippy in the morning, huh? With hypothyroid, generally you are feeling more fatigued but I would say in the mornings you are not. Are you feeling anxious these days? And are you sure your meds for thyroid aren't making you hyper thyroid?

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2004, 04:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Hey Carla. Tried to post on the kidney board earlier, but my computer was acting whacky. Thanks for responding. I would just love to take my slow mag, mag and calcium again, it just helps alot going through perimenopause.

Andrea

Old 09-03-2004, 08:18 AM   #4

miller01 HB User

Heitara: thanks for your input on the thyroid help group! I also have hashi thyroidism.

Ainfante: I actually don't feel zippy in the morning. Its takes me forever to feel awake, and even then its just for a few hours during the day. Are you using progesterone cream?

What will an ACTH test prove? Yes, I am feeling anxious. Actually have pretty much of the past 23 years or so. Maybe that is when it all started, huh? Now...the question about the meds making hypoT, my blood labs don't show that. FT4 is normal and FT3 is high normal. My TSH has been rising up, and that is a concern for me. More thyroid meds and I get palps. and nauseated. So I go back down on the dose. I think there is more involved here!

Any more suggestions????

Thanks!

Closed Thread