It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2004, 03:54 PM   #1
(female)

heitara HB User
Blame it on pmsing

You can blame it on my horrible pmsing but I feel quite bitter towards this forum tonight.
I belong to another mailing list for sufferer of thyroiditis, I've been posting there for two years and, since that has been the first forum I participated to, I had imagined all the others were like that one. Alas, full of active people ready to give answers or support mutually. Each question, whining, venting, receives tons of replies, even apparently - and I stress "apparently" - useless ones, such as "I don't have an answer for you but I'm listening and I'm with you".
Well, here people seem to lend an ear only when it comes to listing symptoms or discussing meds. I noticed that when a posting of somebody who's just seeking for psycological help appears, it gets no attention at all. It happened to me, here and in the Kidney forum, but this is not a totally selfish outburst, I checked all the posting and there is a huge bunch that got no reply at all. Even if those same postings were read by lots and lots of people.

I don't know. I think a forum is supposed to give support, above everything.

It makes me very sad.

Not talking about you, of course, Andrea. God bless you

Carla

"I'm not young enough to know everything". O. Wilde

Old 09-02-2004, 04:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Blame it on pmsing

Hey Carla. I'm here for you. Thanks for leaving me out, lol Are you okay? I had a thyroid problem in the past, hyper, and now they say it's normal but it fluctuates horribly by the month. Sometimes it's high normal, other times it's low normal, but they won't do a thing for me. I totally sympathize with you with the thyroid, perimenopause and KIDNEYS LOL So talk to me, what's going on? I want to hear you out and if I can help, I will add my two cents in otherwise, vent to me baby!

Andrea

PS I had a real bad morning, real bad, anxious like crazy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2004, 05:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Hi Carla,

I'm here for you too. It is OK if you feel bitter... I am sorry that you are feeling bitter towards some of us on this forum. Please don't take it personally. I did not mean to overlook any of your postings. In between work, I try to find time to read most of the postings and if I feel I can be of help without sounding too lame, I would post to that person.

I can understand how you feel though - I have been on many forums (not all meno related) and often felt ignored and excluded. There would often be cliques too and no matter how I jump in and try to participate, I was not even acknowledged. Then there are forums where posters seem to come on strong and attack anyone who had a difference of opinion. A big turn-off to me. However, for once in my life, I am very comfortable posting on this forum - the women here are very respectful to each other.

I give you a lot of credit for posting how you feel tho! Kudos to you!
I'm just wish we could meet under different circumstances and post about other things sometimes, but many on this board are going through pretty rough times right now in our lives. Be patient! But, keep posting until someone gets around to responding back! I know I will make a sincere effort.

Hang in there. ...hope you feel better...please know there is support here!

Molly

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heitara
You can blame it on my horrible pmsing but I feel quite bitter towards this forum tonight.
I belong to another mailing list for sufferer of thyroiditis, I've been posting there for two years and, since that has been the first forum I participated to, I had imagined all the others were like that one. Alas, full of active people ready to give answers or support mutually. Each question, whining, venting, receives tons of replies, even apparently - and I stress "apparently" - useless ones, such as "I don't have an answer for you but I'm listening and I'm with you".
Well, here people seem to lend an ear only when it comes to listing symptoms or discussing meds. I noticed that when a posting of somebody who's just seeking for psycological help appears, it gets no attention at all. It happened to me, here and in the Kidney forum, but this is not a totally selfish outburst, I checked all the posting and there is a huge bunch that got no reply at all. Even if those same postings were read by lots and lots of people.

It makes me very sad.

Carla

Old 09-02-2004, 08:42 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Linma2428 HB User

HI Carla, I don't post alot but thought I would to you. Like it was written its ok to feel bitter. When we have a problem and it seems no one cares it makes us feel that way. I don't remember seeing your post. I post on other message boards also. Mainly ones dealing with ear disorder and vertigo. Sometimes people reply to me and many times they don't. I have noticed others get more replies than I do and I've wondered why and if its me. I picture them reading my post and saying to themselves. OH there's that stupid Linda posting again. Or they see I started the post and don't even read it. I may just be imagining it. I really don't know. I will look for your post and try to reply when I see them. If I do read a post and don't reply its usually only because I don't know how to help the person and I don't know what I can say.
LindaM

Old 09-02-2004, 10:20 PM   #5
(female)

catluvr4 HB User

Carla, I don't post much either and also have a horrible time with my peri symptoms, especially PMS. Come to think of it, I feel like I have PMS every single day. Some days I feel like every one is talking about me, other days it's rage. I'm ready for the funny farm. This week, I have a new one, I don't want to talk to anyone because I just want to be left alone. My friend keeps calling to see if I'm alright, but I ignore her calls. She has this attitiude that because her peri symptoms were not bad, mine should not be either. If they are, then there must be something very wrong with me. I think she forgot about the time in her late 40s when she felt so bad she started drinking quite a bit. Good grief, I don't need people telling me that my symptoms are caused by something else. Well, it looks like I'm heading for the land of crouchiness, so I better let you go. And all I wanted to do was to let you know that I'm here for you.

Quote:

It makes me very sad.

Carla

Old 09-03-2004, 02:45 AM   #6
(female)

heitara HB User

Wow! I didn't expect so many replies! Thank you Catluv, Molly, Linda, Andrea, of course. Now I feel a bit guilty. I hope from now on you won't jump on your seats when you see one of my postings thinking "I better write her something before this neurotic **tch tell us off again!" LOL.
But seriously, thanks you. I guess this is what my pmsing needed. Just like many of you I seem to be pmsing for the whole month, except when my period is due, I become even crazier! I too have a friend who looks at me with disbelief and shakes her head in contempt when I complain about my symptoms. She went through peri without noticing it. As much as I love her, I have to say she goes through life most of the times without noticing it, so maybe there is an explanation..lol.
My anxiety is at a peak. This morning I had an appointment for work and, when I saw the stairs I had to climb to reach the office where they were expecting me, I felt so weak I thought I could never make it and had lots of dark visions of me dropping dead from a heart attack while walking the stairs...

Well, I better go do something that makes sense for my life. I'm going to see my doc today for the stones...thank you again for being here, I feel so much better!

Hugs
Carla

Old 09-03-2004, 05:40 AM   #7

mtngrl57 HB User

Quote:

It makes me very sad.

Carla
Carla,
I want to appologize to you that you have felt the way you do now.

It is amazing to me that so many others that have responded to you with your lastest posting, have felt the same as I have at times also.

I have a hard time expressing my feelings as it is. I don't like to be center of attention. It is hard for me to post many times. I sure don't want to sound like a complainer.

I don't like people to know that I hurt inside or out. Writing on these boards is a big step for me. I don't do it as often as I probably should. I don't have a girlfriend to share with, so I come here.

I hope that we all may be of some help to eachother in one way or another. Don't ever feel as though any of us would feel we "have" to respond to your posts.

You may have done a lot more help out there by writing how you have felt recently. Maybe more eyes will be open and hearts too.

Thank you for waking some of us up.
I truely hope you have a wonderful day.
Cin

Old 09-03-2004, 05:54 AM   #8
(female)

heitara HB User

Hi Cin
thanks to you too..your message really touched me deep in the heart. I used to be just like you (I know that from my postings here nobody would believe it, lol) and only through a costant effort and a long therapy ( I had - and still have - TONS of other problems) I changed my attitude and started to let out my real feelings to people. But sometimes it's still hard when it comes to everyday life. I'm usually the smiling one, the one "so balanced and wise" to whom the other people go to vent...but this is so wrong, Cin. Emails, forums, mailing lists are supposed to help us be open without the fear of being judged. Here nobody knows you, we will probably never bump into each other, this is the place to feel free, to put down the mask and let our inner selves come out. It's a good excercise to help us do the same in the outside world.
Please, Cin, come here often. Whine a lot, talk a lot, do exactly what you feel like doing. We will always listen.
Are you peri? What are your symptoms/complaints? Do yo work?

Now that I think of it, I don't know anything about you ladies...how about writing a short biography of ourselves?
LIke:
Job or occupation
Family
Things we like, hate
Star sign (amateur astrologer here)
Age (optional, lol)
Fears
Neurosis

What do you think?

Take care, Cin. Thank you and let's speak soon...

Carla

Last edited by heitara; 09-03-2004 at 05:55 AM.

Old 09-03-2004, 07:55 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

To everyone in this subject. I'm here for you all. I am having such a hard time with all of this myself, almost 46 and everyday is hell, not to mention the kidney stone added to the discomfort. The anxiety and rage are the worse, cause with it comes bad nerves and depression along with the poor body crying for balance. But this is suppose to be a normal stage in our lives, (got to be kidding) and eventually we will make this hormonal stability. AT least this a postive note, who knows when, not to discourage anyone.
So I'm here for everyone.

Carla, that's a great idea. I will begin my autobiography now.

I'm 45, will be 46 in November.
I've been officially diagnosed with Perimenopause by my gyne.
I am a Scorpio (studied astrology professionally for years but still feel I'm a amateur, lol)
I work from home, but can't work lately, not since the car accident two years ago, worked on and off and then my brothers death in Feb of this year has left me not wanting to work full-time.
I love to write, re-writing a novel I wrote years ago when I was married.
I'm divorced, been divorced for awhile.
I was diagnosed also with PTSD from the car accident just this year, oh so much fun, goes with the perimenopause so welllllllllll, lol--not really, had to put some sense of humor somewhere, I guess.
I take Prozac, 10mg., now up to 15mg. docs want 20 mg. supposely standard and have Xanax when I need it. Unfortunately, I'm afraid of addiction to it, since I was there before on Ativan and I had thyroid problems then, so I don't need to tell you how I was on the wrong track there. Anyways, got that taken care of back in the eighties. Now, I feel my thyroid goes everywhere, not kidding. It's all over the place.
My symptoms:
Anxiety, boy got this sometimes real bad!
muscle cramps
itching (sometimes all over my body)
depression
had agraphobia where I didn't want to go out anywhere, that was after I didn't want to be alone.
muscle twitching, electrical shocks under skin
IBS
bladder irritation and consistently peeing at times
PMS all through the month
Hot flashes (before, during and after my period) I had these 4 months ago so bad with palpitations I thought I was just going to jump out of my skin.
Adrenaline rushes, especially right before a hot flash, scarey at times.
night sweats around period
skin breaking out on face (never had this problem before, not even in adolescent).
bumps on and off all over my body and sometimes itchy.
acid reflex
slow heart rate, fast heart rate (I get the fast at times now, like last night but not as frequent as before, now it slows up, sometimes uncomfortably)
when my mind races, feel like I'm losing my mind, going crazy, hate this!
knees weak, like jelly beans
had internal shakes, sometimes they come back but not as often.
tremors in hands or arms
achey joints
bad, bad neck--car accident and meno
bad back, can't do the exercise I once did, again accident, diffused disk.
light headed or dizzies
memory fog, oh boy got this real bad.
mind blank
soar gums occasionally, don't have gum disease.
grind my teeth (left side only)
sinus problems
headaches, these are coming back, did get rid of them for awhile and I relate this to not doing the natural progesterone creme this month.
And I can go on and on. You see, we are in this together, let's stick together. Good idea Carla. Love ya.

Andrea

Old 09-03-2004, 03:01 PM   #10
(female)

heitara HB User

Thanks for the info, Andrea! Nice meeting you!

As for me:
I'm an aries, 50 years old, one son (24 y.o), one divorce and one companion who has been coping with my temper for the past 18 years and still is not fed up, luckily, lol. I work at home too, write screenplays for the cinema and for TV, I love people, music, books, animals (two huge mongrels living with me and three seagulls coming to eat at my window sill every day for the past three years, not kidding and yes, I live in the centre of Rome), I play piano, love to knit (sleeveless sweaters, sleeves bore me to death), spend too much time on the internet, am interested in astrology, tarots, metaphysicals.
I hate stupidity, arrogance, power freaks, prejudices.
I suffered/suffers from everything: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, I too hate to be left alone and to go out alone. Three times a day at least I feel I'm about to die or that I'm going to lose my mind. I haven't brought myself to antidepressants because they scare me to death and I'm sure I will lose my creativity. Most of the times I curse myself for my stubborness about meds, especially when fear takes control. I'm anxious, neurotic, oversensitive, LOVE SCORPIOS (my son is a scorpio, my big big lover, the one who stabbed me to death when I was younger was a scorpio), I suffer, as you all may have noticed from terrible pmsing (period still hasn't come) I was on the verge of anorexia when I was 25 and still can't eat properly but thanks to my being hypo and thanks to peri I can't look at myself in the mirror because I see just one big *** and one HUGE tummy so I guess those times have gone, today I received the news I have a new bunch of stones in my kidneys and I cried solidly for two hours, I have a big fibroid in my uterus that I keep monitoring, a bad back because of all the hours I spend on the computer and because of the lack of exercise.
I have more or less also all the symptoms Andrea has mentioned. My Hashimoto Thyroiditis doesn't help...
And..I forgot to say, I'm terribly romantic and in love with love...

Who's next?

Carla

Old 09-03-2004, 03:56 PM   #11
(female)

heitara HB User

I re-read my posting just now and I laughed for hours. I couldn't believe they erased the word I used to mean the rear part of your body starting with "a" and ending with "s". Sorry ladies, language gap here. I hear it everywhere, even in children's movies...is it really that bad?

Old 09-03-2004, 04:34 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Thanks for the info, Andrea! Nice meeting you!

As for me:
I'm an aries, 50 years old, one son (24 y.o), one divorce and one companion who has been coping with my temper for the past 18 years and still is not fed up, luckily, lol. I work at home too, write screenplays for the cinema and for TV, I love people, music, books, animals (two huge mongrels living with me and three seagulls coming to eat at my window sill every day for the past three years, not kidding and yes, I live in the centre of Rome), I play piano, love to knit (sleeveless sweaters, sleeves bore me to death), spend too much time on the internet, am interested in astrology, tarots, metaphysicals.
I hate stupidity, arrogance, power freaks, prejudices.
I suffered/suffers from everything: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, I too hate to be left alone and to go out alone. Three times a day at least I feel I'm about to die or that I'm going to lose my mind. I haven't brought myself to antidepressants because they scare me to death and I'm sure I will lose my creativity. Most of the times I curse myself for my stubborness about meds, especially when fear takes control. I'm anxious, neurotic, oversensitive, LOVE SCORPIOS (my son is a scorpio, my big big lover, the one who stabbed me to death when I was younger was a scorpio), I suffer, as you all may have noticed from terrible pmsing (period still hasn't come) I was on the verge of anorexia when I was 25 and still can't eat properly but thanks to my being hypo and thanks to peri I can't look at myself in the mirror because I see just one big *** and one HUGE tummy so I guess those times have gone, today I received the news I have a new bunch of stones in my kidneys and I cried solidly for two hours, I have a big fibroid in my uterus that I keep monitoring, a bad back because of all the hours I spend on the computer and because of the lack of exercise.
I have more or less also all the symptoms Andrea has mentioned. My Hashimoto Thyroiditis doesn't help...
And..I forgot to say, I'm terribly romantic and in love with love...

Who's next?

wow, your'e something else. Oh no, more kidney stones? Oh my God, Carla, I will send a prayer your way. Do you actually see them pass, the stones I mean? Also, I have had the flanking pain again in my kidney, right side, front and now I have a slight fever. Is this normal after two weeks after Litho? Oh my god, another thing to worry about, another thing to get anxious about. I wish you were here or me there, you can cry on my shoulder. I too am in love with love. I'm very romantic. I have a neptune, venus, sun, and another planet all in Scorpio in the eleventh house.
Stay in touch with me. I posted on the kidney board again, watch no one answer me, lol

Yes, I can't deal with that anxiety, boy it's tough. That's why I take the Prozac and have the xanax when it gets real tough, like now, lol.
Hope to hear from you soon. I'm in the USA, Chicago, Illinois, so my regards to you in Rome.

Love Andrea
Carla

Old 09-04-2004, 09:11 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Carla and all the other ladies,

Well, as for me:

- Aries, 51 yo.
- Never been married, never had children, have a boyfriend, mom, one sister and one brother. Dad passed away.
- Also work from home for an engineering consulting company.
- Live in the U.S. west coast (california)
- Love animals, especially dogs. Currently have a little yorkie mix who goes everywhere with me. Often dogsit for many of my neighbors.
- Love the the fresh air, the ocean, to read, rent movies, stay at home, eat, fix my house up, go for walks, shop online, decent cook.
- Scared of heights, petrified of rats/mice, dread getting older.
- Do not like hot weather, hot crowded places, rude & superficial people, fast drivers, and the corporate world.
- Very down-to-earth, direct, honest, dependable, stable, very detailed oriented, tend to have high expectations, can be creative and artistic, not weird, except my dog and I do have separation anxiety! LOL!
- Not very goal oriented, don't like to dress up anymore, very content with my life - don't care to climb any corp ladders, money and material things not important to me at all.
- Cruised through my 30's, 40's without any notice to any type of peri-meno symptoms (except insomnia, I guess). Have always been fairly healthy and energetic until I turned 50.
- Was a total basket case last Aug. 03 when I was hit with peri-symptoms. Had bad case of dry eyes, extreme fatigue, internal shakes, headaches, burning arms/feet, heart palps, hot flashes/night sweats, anxiety, dizziness, no appetite, wt. loss, freaked out at stores, weak jelly legs, achy muscles/joints, itchy skin, lightheadedness, insomnia.
- Have six nodules in my thyroid, have mild hypothyroid-taking med for it; had dry eyes-use Restasis;
- Currently taking Paxil CR, thyroid med, Evening Primrose Oil, Vits C, B12, B6, E, Zinc, Mag, Microlactin, Flaxseed Oil, CoQ10, grounded flaxseed, Revival soy.
- Workout everyday, feel Ok with my body but...in my dreams would love to be taller, have six-pack abs! and long legs tho! LOL!

That's it, I guess...

Have a good 3-dayweekend everyone!!

molly

Old 09-04-2004, 01:21 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Your dreams are so cute, Molly. Happy Labor day to you too.

Andrea

Old 09-04-2004, 07:18 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Linma2428 HB User

Hi Everyone,
I am 48 birthday is February 19 some say Pisces and some say Aquarius. That seems like the way my life goes. Nothing for sure.
I have been married for 24 years have 2 sons 19 and 20 the 19 year old just moved out and broke my heart.
I was an aircraft inspector until I became disabled with Vertigo attacks in 1986. They progressed over the years from my left side to the right and now I have what is called bilateral vestibular loss. Just means I don't have balance function for the inner ear mechanism. I basically get my balance from vision and muscular input. What the cause has been anyones guess. Been told it was virus, migraine, ototoxins, and autoimmune. I also have panic disorder and developed depression. I get times of disassociation that became very bad in 2000 after the death of my father and father in law. I was told it was actually Post Tramatic Stress disorder. From the deaths and years of the ear disorder. I use to have vertigo attacks in the early days and now have that symptom less often (from the ear disorder). I don't drive any longer and spend most of my time at home.
I have 2 toy poodles Muffin and Mason that I love and are like my babies now. I have squirrel feeders and bird feeders in my back yard. I get a kick out of watching the squirrels especially. I don't have a particular hobbie. I would like to learn to crochet but haven't been able to find anyone to teach me. I bought a video to learn but it didn't do the trick. I like to read self help book. My favorite book is the Road Less Traveled. I spend a lot of time on the computer. I like to cook and am an obsessive cleaner. Not as bad as I was years ago. Things I would like to do. I want to try swimming again someday to see if I can do it. I haven't been to the beach in years and want to go there again also. I wish I could go to a casino and gamble one time just to say I did it. The thing I would like to do most is loose 40 pounds. I turned 40 and gained 40 pounds and never was able to get back to my good weight.
My gyno/hormone doctor tells me I am probably at the end stage of perimenopause and we are going to try hormone treatment as soon as my blood work comes back. He prescribes the bioidentical ones as well as other hormones.
I have night sweats, insomnia. The worse symptom I have is the constant feeling of PMS that fluctuates between bad and worse. I find it so easy to get hostile with people and can't control it. Also very little libido and what little I get is just a fizzle. There are other physical problems I deal with athritis in my neck and back and shoulder pain from sitting crooked developed from falls and compensation.
I take Vitamin B complex, Choline, Biotin, E, C, and Fish oil. Just bought flax seed and going to try that. I don't take any meds like antidepressants am afraid of side affects and don't take Valium but wish I could my doctor doesn't prescribe it for anyone. I may try to change and find a doctor that will. Also I am considering trying zoloft but want to wait until I get on HRT and see how much that
might help. Linda

Closed Thread