It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2004, 06:01 PM   #1
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
Tender Breasts and PMS with Peri-Menopause

Has anyone experienced tender breasts before your period and after. I am peri-menopausing with my period still here when it wants to be here. My breasts swell up and are tender before, but that usuallly goes away with the arrival of my period. This month I had the tenderness before, it went away when my period came, and now one week later my breasts are tender and swollen again and I am feeling bloated. So does anyone know if this is a progresterone imbalance or estrogen imbalance? Also after my period I always felt good but now one week later after it has stopped I feel PMS all over again- moody- bloated- tire and overall fatigue. I do take natural progesterone transdermal .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2004, 11:40 AM   #2
(female)

LPOWMACBACK HB User
Re: Tender Breasts and PMS with Peri-Menopause

I have! I am almost 46 and still have my periods very regularly... but I have a few other symptoms of perimenopause... like thinning skin! Anyway, this past month when I got my period, my breasts got much fuller and hurt, as they usually do (usually starting 2 weeks prior to my period). However normally, they DEFLATE by the 2nd day of my period... NOT SO this time! It is 2 weeks past my last period and they are still very full and heavy... and painful. I've read that it is a symptom of peri... I think it's something to do with the progesterone level being higher.

Anyone else?

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2004, 10:22 AM   #3
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

My breast tenderness is finally going away. It lasted for one week following my period. My accupuncturist gave me some herbs for it and they seem to be working. I am confused- I do natural progesterone cream daily cause I think I am low, but if breast tenderness is from an excess, then what?

Old 09-07-2004, 11:39 AM   #4
(female)

heitara HB User

I'm still here with my periods, more or less regular. But in the past five months it seems pmsing never goes away, esp as far as being bloated and having swallen and tender breasts. I don't know if it's due to progesterone or estrogen..I already posed this question...please ladies, help us out here....

What kind of herbs did your acupunturist give you? I could use some relief from by breasts..

Carla

"I'm not young enough to know everything". O. Wilde

Old 09-07-2004, 01:00 PM   #5
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

Hi Carla,
I do not know the name of the herbs from the accupuncturist but they do work. Last time my breasts were swollen she put needles were the swelling was it went away that day. The needles are not even felt, they are small. She is working with me to get this corrected and I do get relief but then it does come back. If you live anywhere in a city that has a accupuncture clinic I suggest you go- it is really helpful and not expensive.

Old 09-07-2004, 01:14 PM   #6

PennyD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by armadillo pie
Hi Carla,
I do not know the name of the herbs from the accupuncturist but they do work. Last time my breasts were swollen she put needles were the swelling was it went away that day. The needles are not even felt, they are small. She is working with me to get this corrected and I do get relief but then it does come back. If you live anywhere in a city that has a accupuncture clinic I suggest you go- it is really helpful and not expensive.
When my endo/gyn started me on natural progesterone cream made by a compounding phamacist my breast started swelling and the 3rd cycle they really were swollen and painful. I was told it was the estrogen dominance
that was causing the swelling and pain. My first blood test showed my progesterone level at 1! So I believe it would be estrogen and not progesterone causing the swelling. I am on my 7th cycle using the cream and I do not have the swelling any longer.

Penny

Old 09-07-2004, 06:21 PM   #7
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

If swollen breasts ar estrogen dominance then do you know of any natural products to take to balance it.

Old 09-08-2004, 06:20 PM   #8

PennyD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by armadillo pie
If swollen breasts ar estrogen dominance then do you know of any natural products to take to balance it.
I don't. There are others on the board that use the Black Cohosh(I think that is how it is spelled) I think that has something to do with estrogen, but others will have to advise you on that. I have plenty of esttogen so I have not searched out any products to help with that. Good Luck!
Penny

Closed Thread