It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2004, 05:20 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 291
PennyD HB User
Thumbs up Molly-- I really am beginning to feel almost normal!

Hey,

Just thinking of you and wanted you to know that I almost feel normal sometimes. Like yesterday spent the day shopping and doing errands, and today did not take the Klonopin at noon like usual. As I told Andrea all this started for me on Labor Day weekend 2003--- so "I have come along way baby!"

I think of you often, I try to post but work and home resposobilities take alot of my time. Thanks for being there for me earlier in the year and for your encouragement about the Paxil CR. It has REALLY helped. Hope you have a great Labor Day!!! Post soon--

Hugs,
Penny

 
Old 09-05-2004, 05:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 2,124
ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Molly-- I really am beginning to feel almost normal!

I'm so happy you're feeling better Penny. Yep, sometimes this peri takes a good year to blow over. This is not my first episode with peri, it began actually when I was 40 and then after the car accident at 43 then it let up and here it is again. Thank you for your post to Molly. This gives all encouragement. And it's also great to know someone has improved.

Thanks

Andrea

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 09-06-2004, 07:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,153
molly123 HB User
Re: Molly-- I really am beginning to feel almost normal!

Hello Penny dear,
Great to hear from you! And so happy that you are feeling normal...even if it's sometimes! You're getting there! May you start having more normal days!! Have you been doing something different? Are you still having monthly periods?

P.S. Whatcha buy yesterday? Hope you got something special for yourself..

Hugs,
Molly



Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyD
Hey,

Just thinking of you and wanted you to know that I almost feel normal sometimes. Like yesterday spent the day shopping and doing errands, and today did not take the Klonopin at noon like usual. As I told Andrea all this started for me on Labor Day weekend 2003--- so "I have come along way baby!"

I think of you often, I try to post but work and home resposobilities take alot of my time. Thanks for being there for me earlier in the year and for your encouragement about the Paxil CR. It has REALLY helped. Hope you have a great Labor Day!!! Post soon--

Hugs,
Penny

 
Old 09-06-2004, 09:49 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 291
PennyD HB User
Re: Molly-- I really am beginning to feel almost normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante
I'm so happy you're feeling better Penny. Yep, sometimes this peri takes a good year to blow over. This is not my first episode with peri, it began actually when I was 40 and then after the car accident at 43 then it let up and here it is again. Thank you for your post to Molly. This gives all encouragement. And it's also great to know someone has improved.

Thanks

Andrea
Andrea,
I will be 44 in 11 days so I hope the peri will subside and show back up just before I turn 51!! LOL I sure hope you feel better. I am thinking of you.

Penny

 
Old 09-06-2004, 10:07 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 291
PennyD HB User
Re: Molly-- I really am beginning to feel almost normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly123
Hello Penny dear,
Great to hear from you! And so happy that you are feeling normal...even if it's sometimes! You're getting there! May you start having more normal days!! Have you been doing something different? Are you still having monthly periods?

P.S. Whatcha buy yesterday? Hope you got something special for yourself..

Hugs,
Molly
HI Molly,
Yes I am still having periods just finished this cycle yesterday, now they are usually 5 days, this time I had spotting on day 6. Still using the natural progesterone cream and taking the Paxil CR 25 mg and cut the Klonopin to 1 mg a day. Soooo..... I am thankful to have a few good days during the month now.
As for the shopping, I bought some items made by Brighton. They make handbags, wallets, key fobs, jewelry, etc. I will admit their items are very expensive, but it is a bad habit of mine to buy them. I also bought some desert plates called "Girlfriends". They have different whimsical pictures on them and they are titled. There are four designs, Shoe Girl, Shopping Girl, Spa Girl, Cafe Girl. They are so cute and I have wanted them for a long time, I just did not feel like going to the mall. I want to look for some of the accessory pieces that go with them. I feel almost guilty writing about such frivolous things with so many on the board feeling so bad. I have been there I know how they feel. I just thank God I doing better. It has been a very very long year. Well before I go I will just tell you all my purchasing adventures. I sold my 2002 Cadillac in July and ordered from the factory a 2005 Chrysler 300C. If you are not a car freak like me that may not mean anything to you. The 300C has a 340 horsepower Hemi engine. That is a racing engine, but the car is a luxury sedan. I dont ever drive fast I just liked the idea of the engine, and I loved the car. Chrysler and Mercedes are owned by the same company. This car has so much Mercedes parts and styling in it. I love it!! It was my birthday present to myself! Thanks for letting me ramble. It feels so good to post something besides questions about peri! Take heart everyone this does with time and meds if needed get better. You are a great cyber-friend Molly. Thanks---
Have a great day!

Hugs,
Penny P.S. you can go to Chryslers website if you wnat to see a picture of the car

 
Old 09-06-2004, 04:36 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 291
PennyD HB User
Re: Molly-- I really am beginning to feel almost normal!

I don't want to sound like I have it made here. Just got to thinking about that, I am not bragging just wanted you to know I do feel better. I still have the fatique. It was kinda bad yesterday and today, and I have cramps today on the 7th day of my cycle--- go figure. So believe me the peri is still here, I am just having a shadow of a normal life now. Ok I feel better now that I have mentioned those things!LOL
Penny

 
Old 09-07-2004, 07:31 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,153
molly123 HB User
Re: Molly-- I really am beginning to feel almost normal!

Hi Penny,
Boy, when you go shopping, you go shopping! LOL! I looked up the Chrysler 300C and it's a beauty. Very classy, looks like a limo in a way. I like the front grill (if that's what it is called). Too bad you don't live this way, otherwise, I would have you chauffeur me around in it! Anyway, good for you for getting yourself a birthday gift - you work hard for your money, put up with a lot of crap this past year so why not! I always say you can't take it with you!

Have you read that book, "Confessions of a Shopaholic" "Shopaholic Takes Manhatten" and "Shopaholic Ties the Knot" all by Sophia Kinsella? Whenever you something to read that is easy, lighthearted and funny, you have to get these!

Hey, if you still having fatigue - at least you seem to be managing it much better than before. You sound like you are doing great tho. Look at where you were last year in comparison to now. You couldn't even work and shop last year. You are still alive and kicking! All this hormone fluctuating just takes time. Try to think positive and have a "fight" attitude (refuse to feel bad!).

Have a good day - get to work now!
molly

 
Old 09-07-2004, 07:42 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 291
PennyD HB User
Re: Molly-- I really am beginning to feel almost normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly123
Hi Penny,
Boy, when you go shopping, you go shopping! LOL! I looked up the Chrysler 300C and it's a beauty. Very classy, looks like a limo in a way. I like the front grill (if that's what it is called). Too bad you don't live this way, otherwise, I would have you chauffeur me around in it! Anyway, good for you for getting yourself a birthday gift - you work hard for your money, put up with a lot of crap this past year so why not! I always say you can't take it with you!

Have you read that book, "Confessions of a Shopaholic" "Shopaholic Takes Manhatten" and "Shopaholic Ties the Knot" all by Sophia Kinsella? Whenever you something to read that is easy, lighthearted and funny, you have to get these!

Hey, if you still having fatigue - at least you seem to be managing it much better than before. You sound like you are doing great tho. Look at where you were last year in comparison to now. You couldn't even work and shop last year. You are still alive and kicking! All this hormone fluctuating just takes time. Try to think positive and have a "fight" attitude (refuse to feel bad!).

Have a good day - get to work now!
molly
Work-- Yes. that is what we do right? Thanks for the compliments on the car I love it!! And yes if we lived close I would definetly take you for a ride! I am on day 9 of my cycle and starting my cream tonight. I have gone from starting it on day 5 in June to day 9 In September. Yes I am learning to deal much better with this. I still have my times, but like you said look where I am one year later. Tell me about you-- are you ok? You sound like you are doing good. I will work now. Have a good day!
Penny

 
Old 09-07-2004, 07:57 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,153
molly123 HB User
Re: Molly-- I really am beginning to feel almost normal!

Hi Penny,
I'm doing fine! It has been hot lately - high 90's. Can't stand it! Thank goodness I purchased A/C couple of years ago. Would die if I didn't have it. Didn't do much this 3-day weekend except stay home b/c it was hot outside.

I don't know much, if anything, about the progesterone cream. I do know that it is suppose to help big-time. I got some at one time (gave it away) but couldn't figure how and when to use it since I wasn't getting my period for months on end. How do you think you would feel if you weren't using the cream at all? Are you taking Evening Primrose Oil and some of the stuff recommmended in the peri-zapper book? I think taking them makes a big difference!

Be happy and may you feel good from now on...

molly


Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyD
Work-- Yes. that is what we do right? Thanks for the compliments on the car I love it!! And yes if we lived close I would definetly take you for a ride! I am on day 9 of my cycle and starting my cream tonight. I have gone from starting it on day 5 in June to day 9 In September. Yes I am learning to deal much better with this. I still have my times, but like you said look where I am one year later. Tell me about you-- are you ok? You sound like you are doing good. I will work now. Have a good day!
Penny

 
Old 09-08-2004, 05:23 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 291
PennyD HB User
Re: Molly-- I really am beginning to feel almost normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly123
Hi Penny,
I'm doing fine! It has been hot lately - high 90's. Can't stand it! Thank goodness I purchased A/C couple of years ago. Would die if I didn't have it. Didn't do much this 3-day weekend except stay home b/c it was hot outside.

I don't know much, if anything, about the progesterone cream. I do know that it is suppose to help big-time. I got some at one time (gave it away) but couldn't figure how and when to use it since I wasn't getting my period for months on end. How do you think you would feel if you weren't using the cream at all? Are you taking Evening Primrose Oil and some of the stuff recommmended in the peri-zapper book? I think taking them makes a big difference!

Be happy and may you feel good from now on...

molly
Hi Molly,
I am glad you are doing well these days, as well as one can be prior to menopause! I have not used any of the peri-zappers. I read the book but I have not used the products. Right now I am just going to continue what I am doing, apparently those things along with prayer are working for me. Hope you are having a good week. Mine has been good so far. Take Care---
Penny

 
Old 09-09-2004, 08:09 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,153
molly123 HB User
Re: Molly-- I really am beginning to feel almost normal!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyD
Hi Molly,
I am glad you are doing well these days, as well as one can be prior to menopause! I have not used any of the peri-zappers. I read the book but I have not used the products. Right now I am just going to continue what I am doing, apparently those things along with prayer are working for me. Hope you are having a good week. Mine has been good so far. Take Care---
Penny
Hey Penny,
So, why aren't you trying some of the peri-zappers? They are just mainly vitamins and supplements. I think esp. Magnesium and Evening Primrose has really helped. I know it's a royal pain having to take dozens of pills everyday -but hey, I have to - so I think you should too! LOL! Ok...but I can understand too - if things are working for you - why change.

Just wondering - before all this meno crap, did you have bad PMS every month? I read that whatever you have before (PMS, allergies, anxiety, stomach problems, etc.) will intensify. I never had bad PMS...the most was sinus headache/backache for a day or two before my period. One could never tell I was having a period even, no mood swings or anything - always was my pleasant self (ha-ha-ha).

Have a good day. I'm looking forward to watching "Joey" tonight - anyone else a fan of "Friends?"

Hugs,
molly123

 
Old 09-09-2004, 08:37 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 291
PennyD HB User
Re: Molly-- I really am beginning to feel almost normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly123
Hey Penny,
So, why aren't you trying some of the peri-zappers? They are just mainly vitamins and supplements. I think esp. Magnesium and Evening Primrose has really helped. I know it's a royal pain having to take dozens of pills everyday -but hey, I have to - so I think you should too! LOL! Ok...but I can understand too - if things are working for you - why change.

Just wondering - before all this meno crap, did you have bad PMS every month? I read that whatever you have before (PMS, allergies, anxiety, stomach problems, etc.) will intensify. I never had bad PMS...the most was sinus headache/backache for a day or two before my period. One could never tell I was having a period even, no mood swings or anything - always was my pleasant self (ha-ha-ha).

Have a good day. I'm looking forward to watching "Joey" tonight - anyone else a fan of "Friends?"

Hugs,
molly123
I did take the Magnesium for a while. My bottle said 3 caplets at bedtime so I did that. I don't know why I stopped? I also took B-Complex at my endo/gyn's advice for the fibrocystic breasts for a while and stopped. I don't know why, I guess during those months I was feeling so bad I just gave up on it. I will start back taking them today!

I did not have bad PMS before all this started last year. Sometimes I would just start my period and that was it I was not even keeping track of when I would start because it was no big deal. I did how ever have bad PMS when I was like 29-31 yo. Then it went away, I guess it was horomone shifts at that age too.

I did like the show Friends, although I was not a faithful watcher. Have fun with "Joey"!!
Penny

 
Closed Thread




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



Titchou (69), STLouisgal (30), WhistleDixie (23), missy222 (20), jojopooh (19), irisrose (19), solofelix (17), jw90 (10), georgina77 (9), Hodge64 (8)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1162), MSJayhawk (990), Apollo123 (890), Titchou (825), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (757), ladybud (736), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (665), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:32 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!