It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2004, 10:23 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Linma2428 HB User
stomach pain

There is a question I have about stomach bloat others write about here. This month after what I consider ovulating. I am not sure if ovulating is the correct word. I am referring to the time of month one gets side pain in the middle of cycle. I still get that every month but the doctor said he doubted I am still was fertile. Anyway, I get the ovulation pain and it seems to stay until I have a period in the past it would last a couple days and then be over with. During this time I feel like I have PMS with the hunger and emotional problems. I have tried to understand what the hormones are doing mid cycle that could copy having a period. I believe I read before a period our estrogen drops. I am wondering if thats what happens mid cycle to give feelings of PMS but. Like having two periods a month one with bleeding and one without. Someone tell me they understand what I am saying. It also gives me a heavy feeling in my uterus and back type of pain. The doctor couldn't find anything and said maybe I will get a sonigram if I want to. Its mainly a feeling of swolleness in my the female organs. Is that what others are referring to as bloated stomach. thanks Linda

Old 09-06-2004, 11:34 AM   #2
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User
Re: stomach pain

Hi Linda,
I get that same feeling, tho mine only last a day or so and not every month. But the bloating, achy feeling in my organs and back is definitely there. I think its ovulation pain too and I agree that hormones can cause a multitude of symptoms. I have a cyst on each of my ovaries and a small fibroid uterine tumor, but nothing the doctors are worried about. The typical pms symptoms accompany it too, growliness, kinda tired, eat anything in site thats salty or sugary....and no patience at all!!! Usually I don't take anything for mine cause I know it will pass in a day or so, but its kinda miserable.
By all means, get an ultrasound if you think you need one. I hope your day is going better
Conni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2004, 09:27 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Linma2428 HB User

Conni, You sound like me in your reply. I hope in time all symptoms will fade. Linda

Old 09-09-2004, 07:19 AM   #4
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Amen Sister!!! I keep thinking about having peri for 10 years and it just makes me wanna cry!!! I've been having some symptoms for years but everything really went haywire about this time last year. **** I hope that doesn't mean that I have 9 more years of this....I truly don't think I could stand it. And I laugh at myself when I think how I now want my period to start to calm this junk down, when before when I was healthy and happy I always hated having my period. Nature sure has a macabre way of putting things into perspective lol.
Calm days for us all
Conni

Old 09-09-2004, 07:27 AM   #5
(female)

captain14 HB User

You are so right about the calming down of the symptoms during the week of my period. It seems to be the only week I feel good. Even last month I only had this brown spotting but boy did I feel better than the rest of the month. This is torture.

Old 09-09-2004, 07:58 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

I'm with you ladies. Actually, I had that pain over labor day and couldn't tell if it was my ovary or kidney stones left over since I just had surgery for kidney stones. But I use to get that pain all the time and it lasted until my period also. But I know that I have small fibroids that aren't aggravating according to my doctor and also have hydrosalpinx, fluid in my ovarian tubes and uterus. I know how aggravating all the perimenopause symptoms are. I don't think we stop ovulating until we are fully into menopause, this is why you have to be careful about having a menopause baby, LOL You wouldn't ovulate every month, but you would still ovulate during perimenopause.

Andrea

Old 09-09-2004, 03:20 PM   #7
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

AAaarrrrggghhh, the thought of having a baby at my age....OMG!!! I'll stick with the granddaughter, thanx! lol I worry about that tho...currently I'm not in a relationship, but when I am, the men always think I'm "through with that stuff"...the idiots. lol Then when you have to explain using birth control to them, they act like its a foreign language or a major undertaking for them because every woman they've been with has been "fixed" or "done with that"....Maybe next time I have to explain to them that my "plumbing" still works I'll throw in the fact that I'm prolly right smack in the middle of the worst mental state I've ever been in and they'd be smart to keep that in mind or suffer severe consequences!!! lol
Oh for pete's sake I wish this period would start!!! lol
Conni

Old 10-20-2004, 11:00 AM   #8
(female)

busymommy HB Userbusymommy HB User

I am with you all. I have had numerous tests, all coming back negative. Still have this nagging, persistent, left ovarian pain. When will it end?

Old 10-20-2004, 12:34 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi Linda,

I know what you are experiencing too. This month has been terrible as far as that "ovulation feeling". I just went for my annual and I know everything is okay but it is just aggravating and wears one down.

I am right at the time this month where that side pain is happening and although I know what it is , I still am freaked out about it at times when it is happening. The gyn told me that in all liklihood I am not always ovulating so why we still feel this is beyond me!! She did say this whole time is like one long PMS and I have found that to be true. Some months are worse than others.

That heavy feeling you are talking about is exactly what I feel at this time and sometimes it lasts leading up to my period. Yesterday and the day before it was just as you described...like the female organs down there are all swollen. Now today not as much. But last night i used a heating pad just to get some relief and it did help some.

It used to be where I might have a bit of this feeling now and then around ovulation time and then it would go away. But now it seems to last longer. And then there is the spotting, not a flow, but just a staining like a light brown I get here and there during the month. I know it is normal and have talked to my gyn about but it still gives one a start to see it. I know from reading these boards it is common. I posted awhile ago about the fact that during my gyn appt when she does the pap , for the past 3 years when I have gone, this one included, she has had to dilate the cervix opening to get the pap taken. She said that it is common for the cervix opening to be smaller during peri and menopause. I have to think that might be another reason for discomfort during the month as things can't get thru properly and also it doesn't all get thru. Don't know if I am making any sense but I think you know what I mean!!

Anyway, the feeling you described is very familiar to me...too much so!!

rmc

Old 10-20-2004, 05:03 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymommy
I am with you all. I have had numerous tests, all coming back negative. Still have this nagging, persistent, left ovarian pain. When will it end?
I use to get that all the time, especially when i ovulated. Now it seems to not bother me anymore unless i ovulate. And i don't do that very much anymore, lol Also I had a kidney stone and u might want to look into that also.

Andrea

Old 10-21-2004, 11:03 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Andrea,

What were the symptoms you had that led you to finding out you had a kidney stone problem?

A friend of mine is suspecting she has one and it is not just the ovulation feeling .

Thanks,

rmc

Closed Thread