It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 07:14 PM   #1
(female)

catluvr4 HB User
Unhappy Can't stop crying

I guess my hormones are up to some new stuff to make my life miserable. Last night, I woke up around 3AM gasping for air followed by a crying fit. Some Xanax finally calmed me down enough so that I was able to get back to sleep and breathe normally. Today, the crying fits and breathing fits started again for no reason at all. Also, all my muscles started to ache and my mood was pretty bad. A few days ago, I felt lightheaded and dizzy for three days followed bt a couple of not so bad days.... until last night. Maybe the heat is not helping; it's been over a 100, and I can't go out into those conditions. Have become sensitive to weather extremes also. I just feel so low and down today really wondering if this will ever end.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2004, 10:46 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User
Re: Can't stop crying

Hi Catluvr,
How old are you? Are you going through peri-menapause or menpause? Have to know a little more about you before making any suggestions.

I'm menpausal, age 50, have had a hystorectomy leaving in the ovaries.....taking estrogen. If I don't take my estrogen for a few days, I cry all day........but before I get to that point, I start feeling loooowwwww......than lowerrrrrrrrr.......than DEPRESSION starts to set in, then the anxiety pressure starts in my chest........then......I get teary and cry about everything........THEN, I take my estrogen..... In approximately a 1/2 hour the estrogen kicks in and I'm a happy camper. and life is joyful and happy again.

Now, I do realise the studies that have come out about estogen. I have tried other supplements and nothing works for me. So, If I'm going to live a normal life as a human I take the estogen. Everybody has to find what works for them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2004, 12:24 AM   #3
(female)

catluvr4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannasnana
Hi Catluvr,
How old are you? Are you going through peri-menapause or menpause? Have to know a little more about you before making any suggestions.

I'm menpausal, age 50, have had a hystorectomy leaving in the ovaries.....taking estrogen. If I don't take my estrogen for a few days, I cry all day........but before I get to that point, I start feeling loooowwwww......than lowerrrrrrrrr.......than DEPRESSION starts to set in, then the anxiety pressure starts in my chest........then......I get teary and cry about everything........THEN, I take my estrogen..... In approximately a 1/2 hour the estrogen kicks in and I'm a happy camper. and life is joyful and happy again.

Now, I do realise the studies that have come out about estogen. I have tried other supplements and nothing works for me. So, If I'm going to live a normal life as a human I take the estogen. Everybody has to find what works for them.
Hi Hannasnana,
Thanks for trying to help. I'm 49; will be 50 in February so that would make me perimenopausal. Still get my period about every 25 to 28 days. Other times I don't get one for 50 days. Either way, the closer I get to menopause, the worse I seem to get. Ever since January of this year, things have been getting worse each month.
My gyn had given me a prescription for estradiol, but I have been too afraid to take it because of all the bad studies out there. But I need something because my anxiety is pretty bad again tonight. Fearful, jumpy, and more tears for no reason. I just hope I can sleep tonight; the anxiety makes it hard even with meditation; plus it's still 78 degrees outside. Very uncomfortable. Thaank you.

Old 09-08-2004, 12:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

I would try the Estradiol. I read that it is ok to take it for 6 months to a year. You just can't take it forever. It is helps your quality of life in the short term, then it is worth it.

Old 09-08-2004, 12:21 PM   #5
(female)

catluvr4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2003
I would try the Estradiol. I read that it is ok to take it for 6 months to a year. You just can't take it forever. It is helps your quality of life in the short term, then it is worth it.
Belle, I tried 1/2 of the 0.5mg of Estradiol last night and slept better. Didn't wake up with achy muscles or gasping for air. Will take it as needed and see what happens. I just hope I don't have to take it forever in order to feel better. Thank you.

Old 09-08-2004, 01:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi Catluvr4,

I have not been on the boards in awhile as we have had visitors all of August and into Sept. I was sorry to hear that you were experiencing all this and just wanted you to know I too understand. I have posted to you before and just turned 50. Our symptoms have been similar. In Feb/March and into April I was beside myself and the Xanax did help me when i needed it. You need to take whatever will help you through this. I think when it wakes us up at night like that especially, the anxiety that is, it is even more disturbing as we are groggy and just not with it. But I know I felt like that too at other times during the day.

I am taking Estroven, the vitamin/herbal supplement and the doctor and gyn both suggested it. Also taking B complex. I had read this helps with our moods. In any case, the combo seemed to help, or something just changed. I do not have the anxiety as much, but it does come in waves for me. I certainly fret more. My periods come like yours...24-28 days but sometimes have gone 31 or 40 or 50 days until I get one. I have a prolonged PMS at times it seems, and it at times does not relate to when it should be happening. I just got my period Sat and this week have had two nightsweats and had my heart beating real fast when that happened. In Feb when that first happened I really freaked out about it. Now I know it is part of this whole thing and it seems to help. This is all frustrating I know and just wanted to tell you that we all have been there and are here to offer support.

Hope your day is going better and that you have a good night's sleep.

Take care,

rmc

Old 09-08-2004, 01:11 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by catluvr4
Belle, I tried 1/2 of the 0.5mg of Estradiol last night and slept better. Didn't wake up with achy muscles or gasping for air. Will take it as needed and see what happens. I just hope I don't have to take it forever in order to feel better. Thank you.
I want to let you know that you can take the Estradiol for up to five years and it will not hurt you. I totally understand where you are coming from Cat, I'm almost 46 and unfortunately, I got hit a bit younger than you ladies, still have my periods, how regular they are is another story, but so be it. I have the Xanax around too and my gyne is still trying to convince me to take hormones.

Andrea

Old 09-08-2004, 01:48 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User

There is a natural estrogen you can get at the health food stores.....its expensive but better for you. Its called estrial. Cat you can also try natural progesterone. It might help with your symtpoms.

Ainfante, I started peri-menapause about 44. Women are beginning peri-menapause as early as 30 to 34 these days because of all the hormones in our foods......~sigh~

Old 09-10-2004, 09:00 PM   #9
(female)

catluvr4 HB User

Hi RMC,

Good hearing from you again. Looks like my hormones changed again; now I'm sleeping normally again. Up and down...all day long. In all, my biggest concern is all the fears which appear for no reason. I never used to be afraid of anything; now I'm afraid of everything. It seems that everyday is something else.

How do you like the Estroven? I have seen it in stores before and may consider it. Thank you for your support.

Old 09-10-2004, 09:03 PM   #10
(female)

catluvr4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante
I want to let you know that you can take the Estradiol for up to five years and it will not hurt you. I totally understand where you are coming from Cat, I'm almost 46 and unfortunately, I got hit a bit younger than you ladies, still have my periods, how regular they are is another story, but so be it. I have the Xanax around too and my gyne is still trying to convince me to take hormones.

Andrea
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the support. I'm still trying to stay away from hormones and see if the Xanax or Klonopin help me throught this. I'm also on Celexa, but when I took it yesterday, I was ready to climb the walls. Peri has even effected my body's reponse to other meds. Thank you.

Old 09-10-2004, 09:07 PM   #11
(female)

catluvr4 HB User

Hi Hannasnana,

I did a search on the net for estrial but could not find anything. Tried some natural progesterone, and it made me even more anxious. Good grief, I wonder if anything will work for me. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by catluvr4; 09-10-2004 at 09:07 PM.

Old 09-11-2004, 08:31 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by catluvr4
Hi Hannasnana,

I did a search on the net for estrial but could not find anything. Tried some natural progesterone, and it made me even more anxious. Good grief, I wonder if anything will work for me. Thanks for the help.
How long did you use the natural progesterone creme. I wouldn't buy it at a health food store or grocery store. They have some wonderful cremes online or ask your doctor or naturopath. It's important on how long you used the progesterone creme, when you began using in your cycle and how much you were using. sometimes it will make you feel a bit more anxious or moody cause too much progesterone can cause depression and moodiness.

Andrea

Old 09-11-2004, 11:02 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User

Hi Catluvr, sorry its not estrial its estriol. I have seen it in my healthfood store.

Old 09-13-2004, 12:08 AM   #14
(female)

catluvr4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante
How long did you use the natural progesterone creme. I wouldn't buy it at a health food store or grocery store. They have some wonderful cremes online or ask your doctor or naturopath. It's important on how long you used the progesterone creme, when you began using in your cycle and how much you were using. sometimes it will make you feel a bit more anxious or moody cause too much progesterone can cause depression and moodiness.

Andrea
Hi Andrea,

I have tried various progesterone products. One was Prometrium 100 mg (or was it micrograms? ); it made me nuts, depressed, suicidal, bloated, and meaner than anything you can imagine.

Same with progesterone cream; Emerita was the last one I tried. My periods have become very light and watery, so I don't think I have that much estrogen left. For now, I'll see if exercise will help. And some Klonopin or Xanax as needed. Thank you.

Old 09-13-2004, 12:10 AM   #15
(female)

catluvr4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannasnana
Hi Catluvr, sorry its not estrial its estriol. I have seen it in my healthfood store.
Thanks for the correction. I did find estriol on the internet, but there are so many different ones out there. Do you know of any good brands? Thanks!!!

Closed Thread