It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2004, 09:52 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Linma2428 HB User
sick of these doctors

Well, I guess I won't visit this board again. I got my results from the doctor on my blood work. The nurse says everything is normal. As a matter of fact she says I am equal to a young woman. That maybe something else is causing all my symptoms. I know what that means that I have a mental problem. Yeah I got a mental problem. Its from dealing with morons. She said your not in menopause. Well no joke. I told her I know that I didn't come there because I am in menopause I am still having a cycle and told them that right off. I came to their clinic because I wanted to discuss the bioidentical hormones and perimenopause. Well evendentially I am not in perimenopause cause my numbers are to normal. I was 5 for estrogen. 1.2, 23, 1.8 for they thyroid stuff I might be wrong on that last number but all were with in normal range. She said we don't have to worry about testing for progesterone cause that has to do with having a period and as long as you have a period you have to have progesterone. So I guess ladies I am just a nut. I just woke up last night drenched in sweat and had to change my sheets. Its a few days before P time and I usually have my worst sweats then. Other night it sweats just not as much. And I guess as far as no libdo its some psychological problem in my mind. That has me not liking sex. Yep almost 49 years old and I am just now realizing I don't like sex. Wonder why I didn't realize this before I wouldn't have been doing it all this time. What's really weird according to her going into menopause is a gradual thing and I am not even in the gradual part yet. I guess if perimenopause can take up to 10 years I should be going into menopause around 60. Yepeee I am young woman wish my body new it. Don't know if I will post here again as I can't really add anything since I am to young and not having perimenopause or menopause yet. Good bye. Linda

Last edited by Linma2428; 09-08-2004 at 09:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2004, 11:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User
Re: sick of these doctors

Hey Linda,

Don't believe everything a dr. or nurse tells you. The same goes with me when I was going thru crap last year - I was 50 and none of the many drs. I went to could figure out what was going on with me since all my blood tests came back normal. I was also still getting my periods at that time. I don't know if you know this but there isn't a blood test in the world that will tell you that you're in peri-meno...you just start getting these symptoms, start feeling weird and worrying yourself to death to the point of anxiety. All the women on this board are going thru more or less similiar symptoms - we are not imagining them and just b/c some dr. can't tell by a blood test, it doesn't mean it isn't real. Many drs. are morons when it comes to this stuff.

I don't think you should stop posting or even reading the posts on this meno forum...there is plenty to learn. Look at me, I have been feeling fine for months now (feel a bit guilty about it too) but I still post and read what's going on here just b/c you never know what's new will come up. If a dr. can't confirm you're in peri-meno, let me do it for you LOL! - YOU ARE! especially if you're getting hot flashes/night sweats! So, join the club!

Molly123

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linma2428
Well, I guess I won't visit this board again. I got my results from the doctor on my blood work. The nurse says everything is normal. As a matter of fact she says I am equal to a young woman. That maybe something else is causing all my symptoms. I know what that means that I have a mental problem. Yeah I got a mental problem. Its from dealing with morons. She said your not in menopause. Well no joke. I told her I know that I didn't come there because I am in menopause I am still having a cycle and told them that right off. I came to their clinic because I wanted to discuss the bioidentical hormones and perimenopause. Well evendentially I am not in perimenopause cause my numbers are to normal. I was 5 for estrogen. 1.2, 23, 1.8 for they thyroid stuff I might be wrong on that last number but all were with in normal range. She said we don't have to worry about testing for progesterone cause that has to do with having a period and as long as you have a period you have to have progesterone. So I guess ladies I am just a nut. I just woke up last night drenched in sweat and had to change my sheets. Its a few days before P time and I usually have my worst sweats then. Other night it sweats just not as much. And I guess as far as no libdo its some psychological problem in my mind. That has me not liking sex. Yep almost 49 years old and I am just now realizing I don't like sex. Wonder why I didn't realize this before I wouldn't have been doing it all this time. What's really weird according to her going into menopause is a gradual thing and I am not even in the gradual part yet. I guess if perimenopause can take up to 10 years I should be going into menopause around 60. Yepeee I am young woman wish my body new it. Don't know if I will post here again as I can't really add anything since I am to young and not having perimenopause or menopause yet. Good bye. Linda

Old 09-08-2004, 11:17 AM   #3
(female)

catluvr4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linma2428
Linda, please come back. I need you and everyone else on this board to help me through these crazy times. I know what you mean about doctors and peri; I don't think they know what it's really all about. They just quote things from their medical journal. And sometimes they get nasty and defensive because they don't have an answer. Over the last few years, I have fired many doctors because I felt they were missing some weird disease or something.
Yep you are almost 49 with all those wonderful symptoms; yet there is nothing wrong with you. Here is the good news; you are healthy and you are going through perimenopause. Each day, you may feel like you are dying a slow death, but you will survive and be better and stronger when all this is over. Getting there is the difficult part. We all need each other to make it through this phase because 'each other' is all we have for support.
Linda, that estrogen of 5, is that estrodial or FSH? I, too, have problems with my thyroid levels right now. Estrogen binds with T4, so there will be less T4 available for T3 conversion. High estrogen=low T4; lower estrogen=more T4 and more T3.
I don't have too many problems with night sweats. My problem is weird dreams that get pretty upsetting. The other night I dreamed I was dying, then right after that dream, I dreamed I was pregnant ready to give birth. My dreams have become very vivid.
Well Linda, I hope more people come along to help you with encouragement because you need it right now. Remeber, never mind the doctors; trust your instincts. I'll be thinking about you.

Old 09-08-2004, 11:33 AM   #4
(female)

catluvr4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly123
Hey Linda,

I don't think you should stop posting or even reading the posts on this meno forum...there is plenty to learn. Look at me, I have been feeling fine for months now (feel a bit guilty about it too) but I still post and read what's going on here just b/c you never know what's new will come up. If a dr. can't confirm you're in peri-meno, let me do it for you LOL! - YOU ARE! especially if you're getting hot flashes/night sweats! So, join the club!

Molly123
Molly, I agree, there is so much to learn from this board. Please don't feel guilty about posting that you feel better. For those of us going through the worst, these words are worth more than gold. They give us hope. Please keep posting about your improvements.

Old 09-08-2004, 12:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2004, 01:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

Yes there is alot to learn. I really don't think doctors or nurses know much about any of this. They might think they do but I dont think they do. Please stay around.
Polly

Old 09-08-2004, 02:11 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

I agree with everyone else, STAY. Your hormones fluctuate so much that these tests the doctors give you are not conclusive. I'm 42 almost 43 and have gone through hell this year. Every test they give me they say it's normal. Well it's not normal to feel this way. Hormones can really mess you up. These boards have helped me lots because it helps you realize you are not crazy. What really ticks me of is when a doctor says it's just anxiety. Well anxiety is caused by something. Some days you do feel like you are dying. Hang in there and God Bless.

Jacqueline

Last edited by jacqbu; 09-08-2004 at 02:12 PM.

Old 09-08-2004, 03:52 PM   #8
(female)

fiveoffive HB User

LINDA!!!
Please don't let any doctor tell you you are not feeling what you are feeling. some are simply educated idiots!! I just turned 36 last week and I have EVERY peri symptom !!! I started when I was only 10, had a tubal at 26. No doctor will admit that my symptoms are perimenopause, so, I come to this board and I read and laugh and sometimes cry. It helps to know there are others, even though I seem to be the baby of the bunch.go ahead and let off the steam here. If you are crazy, we all are and thats ok too!!!! It sure beats being alone.
I grew up with all males, My mother never told me much about anything, I still feel stupid when I read something new about being female that I never knew before. funny thing, I have all male children too, so, here I am stuck in this alone until I come here and I learn. I didn't even know what hormones done what ( and still don't know all of it) until I came here. believe itor not, we need each other, at least I know I need all of you, afterall, I don't have a sister, or even a good friend. please stay and enjoy the company of women who feel as you do.
I wish you well.
Marylou

Old 09-08-2004, 04:57 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Okay, I have something to say here. I'm blessed with a great and knowledgeable gyne, but even sometimes she's over me, lol She hasn't been able to convince me that everything I'm feeling is due to perimenopause, but she swears by it. She also says that you really can't go by hormones at this stage, cause you're only going to see them go haywire months before menopause. Perimenopause is premenopause and still your blood hormones are going to be in normal ranges. This is when your body begins to go through the change, not to mention the mind and the emotions, lol and whoaaaaaaaa that's special in itself. So please do not judge your perimenopause by your recent blood work. The thyroid levels will change constantly during perimenopause so it's not even worth checking them again for another year or if your body goes haywire and you throw more symptoms of thyroid than perimenopause and it's hard to tell sometimes, but experienced it myself, so trust me here. So until you are basically full menopause and then post menopause, you are not going to get menopause readings, but just by your age and your symptoms...you are perimenopause. It's hard, isn't it? I mean, I thought maybe I would experience just hot flashes when I was younger, never really totally understood why women felt this bad until I got older and then got PMS and then got perimenopause. Hang in there, stay with us, we need you as well as you need us.

Andrea

Old 09-08-2004, 06:28 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Linma2428 HB User

Sorry, I was Poed this morning. That nurse made me feel like an idiot. I know what I was like just 2 years ago compared to now. The doctor seemed so understanding when I saw him and acted like the blood test was just something he had to do. I think I should get to talk to him and know what he thinks about it face to face. Not speak with a nurse. He should tell me why I can't be feeling this stuff. I bet I won't get to talk to him again. Once they get something in their minds thats it. I am going to buy something at the health food store or online and see if it helps. They tell me the stuff online and health food won't really do anything. Who ever ask about the 5 number on blood test. That was estradiol number. Something hormone related is giving me hot flashes not sure which thing it is but I am going to find out. thanks everyone, I should control myself better but its not in the cards for me right now. Linda

Old 09-08-2004, 06:54 PM   #11
(female)

fiveoffive HB User

Linda, It's ok to vent, I think we all understand. Have a great evening.
ML

Old 09-09-2004, 01:35 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

HI Linda, I understand and it is ok to be upset. I have been having trouble with my kidney doctor and his nurse. She thinks she is the doctor. lol I have to take some potassium and such to keep from hopefully getting kidney stones and since March I have had a time getting that mess right. She tried to tell me twice she didnt have time to talk to me and I was having syptoms of low potassium. Finally, got her to say get some blood work. lol it was crazy. Then my potassium was low and she was nice a few times about it but then she wasn't others. She was a super pain. One week when I had to talk to them cuz I felt so bad I called on Thurs. or Friday and she never even called me back til Tues I think it was and I had gotten really sick from low potassium. I take a water pill. Finally, they had me do blood work for about a month before they got it straight so I know how frustrating it can be.
Snodove

Old 09-09-2004, 06:12 AM   #13
(female)

heitara HB User

Linda, I know exactly how you feel but don't rely on doctors for sympathy and understanding..sad but true sometimes they can just prescribe you pills and send you home.
Blood tests have nothing to do with your being peri, that's what my gyno explained to me. I mean, as far as symptoms go. I too have all the normal values but this doesn't prevent me from having all the related bores: hot flashes, palps, mood swings, irregular periods and so on. As for the thyroid, my tsh, t3 and t4 have always been in the normal range but when I was tested for antibodies the whole staff at the doc's went "yiiiiikes!". That's how I found out I had Hashimoto Thyroiditis. So, if you want to have a serious eveluation of your thyroid (remember a lot of symptoms that look like menopausal or peri are due to a hypo or hyper condition) I suggest you to do the thyroid antibodies tests. And, above everything, ALWAYS trust your body and your mind. They speak a language that's far more reliable than any exam. Don't feel crazy or silly...we are all in the same situation and we are just going through a change. Death is a change. Craziness is a change. That's probably why we tend to relate the way we feel to them. Sorry for the psycoanalistic rambling, lol.

Snodove: can you tell me exactly what suplements you're taking to help preventing stones? I'm trying to get rid of mine and I'm going through hell. Doctors are driving me totally insane and they keep saying one thing and its opposite. The reality is that I'm forming calcium oxalates as I breathe and nobody knows how to help me.

Thanks

Carla

"I'm not young enough to know everything". O. Wilde

Last edited by heitara; 09-09-2004 at 06:12 AM.

Old 09-09-2004, 06:45 AM   #14
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Linda,
Please don't go...everything you are feeling is "normal" and I agree wholeheartedly with all the others who have said that the doctors may not know everything. My doctor also told me that to do blood work right now wouldn't tell him anything. I also think they do think we are a bit crazy, but just don't want to admit that the real reason for it is because of hormones!!! I was never this anxious or health obsessed until about a year ago when all my symptoms came crashing down on me, now its a neverending 24/7 lifestyle for me, even when I'm feeling good. It's a vicious circle, the symptoms make you anxious, the anxiety makes the symptoms worse...aaarrrgghhh!!!
This is the best place for you to come and vent and rant and rave and we'll all understand I felt great, almost perfect for the last week and a half until yesterday....here it comes again <sigh>. Gets tiresome and annoying but I am trying to get through it, what other choice is there?
I'll keep good thoughts for you and a nasty one for that snooty nurse!! lol
Conni
(who is hoping her period starts in the next few days so the crazies will go away for awhile again....)

Old 09-09-2004, 07:04 AM   #15
(female)

captain14 HB User

so far my doctor has prescribed flexeril for muscle pain and a antidepressent for the terrible insomnia I am having. Says it could be fibro, general anxiety disorder, candida...anything but peri. I just want to punch him. I have not filled either of them. From reading all the posts on here I am sure I am in peri and am trying some of the suggestions you all have made. Thanks for being so helpful.

Closed Thread