It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2004, 05:13 AM   #1
(female)

captain14 HB User
midcycle question

I should be ovulating at this time and do feel the twinge in my right ovary. It is a dull pain. The question I have is last night I believe I had an anxiety attack along with diarrhea. I woke up a few times feeling horrible...muscle ache(almost always have now), sweating and my stomach is gassy and unsettled. Then at five this morning I felt the pain in my ovary. I feel so bad today. Is this normal? My doctor still says too young but what else can all this be. I have had so many tests I never want to see a dr again but since he says no peri I can tell I am stressing about every ache I get. Your help is so appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2004, 07:53 AM   #2
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User
Re: midcycle question

I always feel crappy around the time I ovulate, the dull twinges and the upset stomach, more heartburn and diarhhea...and it lasts for a couple days. Just a general yukky feeling. I just posted on another thread where there were complaints about doctors and nurses not knowing or understanding much about this, and I agree. My opinion is that if you're feeling like the rest of us, it's peri and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. (or evidently most doctors either lol) Hormone imbalance seems to cause so many different symptoms that I think its just easier for them to ignore it until the actual menopause comes and they can make a firm diagnosis.
I hope your day gets better, and mine too!!!
Conni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2004, 09:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

I get anxiety or an anxiety attack also during ovulation and then again my periods and that just shows you that your hormones are not in sequel. They are off balance. How old are you? If you are young than possibly this is PMS and you have an inbalance between the progesterone you are still producing and estrogen.

Andrea

Old 09-09-2004, 09:16 AM   #4
(female)

captain14 HB User

thanks for your replies...I am 40. It has been over a year that I have really been feeling crummy. The last few months have been yucky. I just started the vitamins everyone suggesed so I hope it helps. The anxiety is terrible. I have to keep telling myself that I am ok and this will pass. But I could have a long way to go.

Old 09-09-2004, 11:36 AM   #5

PennyD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain14
thanks for your replies...I am 40. It has been over a year that I have really been feeling crummy. The last few months have been yucky. I just started the vitamins everyone suggesed so I hope it helps. The anxiety is terrible. I have to keep telling myself that I am ok and this will pass. But I could have a long way to go.
I also have diarrhea with my anxiety attacks. I have not had one in a while I am on Paxil CR and Klonopin. When I first started having the anxiety attacks I always had diarrhea. This started when I was 42. I too have had many test and my estrogen does not show menopause levels, but I know I am peri. Just follow your body symptoms and try to get help from a doctor who will listen I am currently seeing a endocrinologist and gyn.

Penny

Old 09-09-2004, 11:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain14
Hi there, the anxiety will calm down, especially if you try to vent it out and then ignore it. Don't chase it and what I mean by that, don't let yourself panic when you feel a body or mental symptom, just keep floating through it, allow your body to relax and don't fight it so you don't cause adrenaline fighting adrenaline symptoms, they are the worse, been through that cause didn't know what hit me when I went into ovulatory failure. I remember when I turned 40, besides that big number, I began the perimenopause symdrome, LOL

Andrea

Old 09-09-2004, 12:12 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi,

Yes, I have that too when I am ovulating or when I should be...the gyn said that in perimenopause sometimes we are not even ovulating, but I know I feel it some months more than others. It is a dull twinge as you said and for me it is also on the right.

I do have more diarrhea during the time before my period. In Feb/.March it was really bad with gastric symtpoms...diarrhea, gassiness and the unsettled stomach feeling. It seems from what I found out from my gyn and what I have read here and elsewhere that it is normal for "this time". Then we stress over it (which I am an expert at!! : )) and it makes matters worse with our intestines.

I also get shaky feelings and palpitations and that has not happened in awhile and this month is...so I am fretting over it of course and I am sure not making it any better.

Just know you are not alone in all this and a great many people are all in the same boat. Hope that helps.

take care,

rmc

Old 09-09-2004, 04:08 PM   #8
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Penny,
I also get diarrhea when I have an anxiety attack!! I'm so glad you said that, I just always thought it was my guts making too much acid due to the anxiety....whew, another symptom I'm not alone in!!!
Conni

Old 09-09-2004, 05:03 PM   #9

PennyD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1awesomegranny
Penny,
I also get diarrhea when I have an anxiety attack!! I'm so glad you said that, I just always thought it was my guts making too much acid due to the anxiety....whew, another symptom I'm not alone in!!!
Conni
Conni,
I don't think any of us are alone in any of these peri symptoms. You can post any symptom on this board and someone will have experienced it. I found this board by accident several months ago and what caused to me post was a thread that said "Is anyone else having trouble going to WalMart?". I could not believe it, at that point I could not go into WalMart it would make me kinda dizzy feeling if I went towards the back of the store. Since that night I have read or posted on this board every day. Everyone here is great and so helpful, it has calmed my anxiety ridden self too many times to count. Remember on this board you are NEVER alone. "All for one and one for all..."
Penny

Closed Thread