It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2004, 08:00 AM   #1

CeCe50 HB User
Question menopause

Is it possible to get your period after a year and not have it be something seriously wrong?

Old 09-12-2004, 11:13 AM   #2

dorromaybel HB User
Re: menopause

This happened to me two and a half years ago. I had a period after 13 months with non at all. It was quite worrying at the time. I held my breath but all has been fine, and nothing since. My last three periods were 3 months then 6 months then 13 months apart. I am 58 now by the way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2004, 12:24 PM   #3

HappyHen HB User

Are you having a full fledge period or just light bleeding? I am having the light bleeding and the doctor thinks its serious enough to get a biopsy...schedule for tomorrow...I never had a bad pap smear and I had a internal vaginal imaging (ultra sound) done with no visible problems... I guess what I am saying is check with your doctor....It would be so easy for me to ignor this as it is very light, only very very little cramping and I have only had it twice in the last five years...no big deal to me but maybe it is serious...actually I think it is and I am very scared...No one wants to get cancer but someone has to I guess....gosh I'm scared....take care....

Old 09-12-2004, 01:42 PM   #4

CeCe50 HB User

It seems like a regular period, but I am going to call the doctor tomorrow for an appt. There's so many conflicting stories about getting your period after menopause. I'm sure everything will be okay for you, I know how you feel, I feel exactly the same way. I want to know if everything is ok but I'm also afraid to find out. Sometimes you think if you ignore something it will just go away. Good Luck to you, I'm sure you will be fine.

Old 09-12-2004, 06:21 PM   #5

PennyD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeCe50
It seems like a regular period, but I am going to call the doctor tomorrow for an appt. There's so many conflicting stories about getting your period after menopause. I'm sure everything will be okay for you, I know how you feel, I feel exactly the same way. I want to know if everything is ok but I'm also afraid to find out. Sometimes you think if you ignore something it will just go away. Good Luck to you, I'm sure you will be fine.
CeCe & Happy,
I have read many books and publications on the subject of peri and menopause. Everyone of them metioned if you have bleeding after menopause you should have it checked by a doctor. I think both of you are doing the right thing by going to the Doc. My thoughts and prayers are with you both . I 'm sure you will both be fine.
Penny

Old 09-13-2004, 04:17 PM   #6

HappyHen HB User

CeCe and Penny
Well I am back from my biopsy....Will get results in 4 days...Penny is right CeCe you can't bury your head and hope it will go away. See the doctor..
Oh the joys of getting older!!!! I am relieved I went...you will be too.
Post with your outcome...many people learn from these boards even if they do not post...It is important to share so all can learn. My biopsy was quick and not too uncomfortable...It would even have been better had the nurse not tried to calm me before the doctor came in by explaining what all the
instruments were for!!! For goodness sake she should have hid them!!!

Closed Thread