It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2004, 03:27 PM   #1

JustBeth7 HB User
Unhappy Unbearable Hot Flashes!!

I've been in menopause for about 9 months. Since I had a blood clot in my leg about 10 years ago, I can't take HRT, which may be a blessing anyway. I've been taking the "over the counter" menopause stuff for about 4 or 5 months. The hot flashes stopped for a short period of time, but are now back worse than ever. I also take a multvitamin and lots of Vitamin E. If anybody has any suggestions, I'd be eternally grateful. Only somebody else in menopause can understand how horrible these hot flashes are. I dread winter...can't imagine wearing heavy clothing again.

Last edited by JustBeth7; 09-13-2004 at 03:28 PM.

Old 09-13-2004, 05:33 PM   #2

dramaqueen01 HB User
Re: Unbearable Hot Flashes!!

I can't offer much information, but I know how you feel! I was having horrible hot flashes every 20 to 30 minutes. I finally had the doctor prescribe HRT and it has helped a lot. I was told Remifem was the best. I tried Estroven for 2 months, but it basically did nothing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2004, 08:59 PM   #3

JustBeth7 HB User

I take Remifemin now, along with another one (just threw out the box as I am out, but it's something like Estro......). They do little, if anything.

Old 09-14-2004, 07:23 AM   #4

dramaqueen01 HB User

What about progesterone cream? I don't think there is a danger of blood clots with progesterone cream...I think it is Estrogen that causes this side effect...but I would check. I have 2 girlfriends who use the cream and have had good results.

Old 09-14-2004, 06:13 PM   #5
(female)

Chloe1208 HB User

I am interested in the progesterone cream. I was craving too much sweets on Actvella.(HRT) Although it cured my hot flashes, I was hungry all the time, like I was stuck in PMS food cravings. So I cut the pills in half (not easy since the are about the size of BC pills.) NOW I am bleeding. (after about a week )Coincidence? Maybe not. I have read that you keep producing estrogen, but your progesterone goes away and you need the progesterone as an antagonist to the estrogen. So how are your friends doing on the cream? Can you get it without a Rx?
Chloe.

Old 09-14-2004, 09:48 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User

Progesterone creme helps with hot flashes, irritability, depression and excessive bleeding. You can find many different natural brands on the net or in your healthfood store. Yes you can get progesterone creme without an RX.

Old 09-16-2004, 12:05 PM   #7
(female)

joyka HB User

I think have just become used to them. The ones I hate are in the night. It just takes too long to fall back asleep. I have noticed that coffee definitely makes it worse although I am not williing to give up the coffee. I am 9 months into the menopause and do not take any medication.

Closed Thread