It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2004, 05:14 PM   #1
Veteran

pslam 91 HB User
acid reflux and gas

Hi ladies, I had AF last week and I had the worst acid reflux. the night before i started was the worst. I was I on acid reducers all week. Well, this week my gas is so bad. I am belching like a sailor. I have gas pains in my back, chest etc. I belch, then I the pain goes away. Right now my stomach is sticking out 2 feet like I am prego. I am taking cal/mag and it is helping some. All this started when I wa 41. I havent had it in awhile and it is soooo discouraging! Anyone wlse have the peri-stomach blues?

Old 09-13-2004, 06:05 PM   #2
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User
Re: acid reflux and gas

Yes maam', thats my worst symptom. The cal/mag is good, you might try taking some acidophillus too, that helped me. I know what you mean about the belching, shoot I get up and the first thing I do is belch!!! (And toot all the way to the bathroom, hehehehe) And the pain is the worst!! When this all started for me I was sure I was having a heart attack!! I have found in my case that zantac taken before a spicy or greasy meal sometimes helps....I've been on prilosec on and off but I try not to take too much of that as it seems to magnify my tummy troubles, I think it has to do with the fact that the acid is limited when you take them, and we need acid to digest our food properly. But thats just me. And along with the fact that genetically I carry weight in my tummy, peri has made that worse and with the gas....oooooohhhhhh mama, I look prego here too!!! lol Bring on the yoga pants and loose t-shirts!!! I feel for ya gal, wish I could be more help
Conni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2004, 07:33 PM   #3
(female)

captain14 HB User

I am so glad this board and all you wonderful ladies are here. I just sat through back to school night for my daughter thinking I was having a heart attack. I had this terrible pain in my sternum area and it wasn't going away. All I kept thinking was the father next to me was a firefighter and he could do cpr on me if needed. I came home and took a Tums and the pain is better. I am so sick of feeling all this gas and pain...everthing I eat bothers me now. Thanks for letting me know I am not alone.

Old 09-13-2004, 07:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslam 91
Hi ladies, I had AF last week and I had the worst acid reflux. the night before i started was the worst. I was I on acid reducers all week. Well, this week my gas is so bad. I am belching like a sailor. I have gas pains in my back, chest etc. I belch, then I the pain goes away. Right now my stomach is sticking out 2 feet like I am prego. I am taking cal/mag and it is helping some. All this started when I wa 41. I havent had it in awhile and it is soooo discouraging! Anyone wlse have the peri-stomach blues?
I had the peri-stomach blues so bad for months I thought I was going to bust in the stomach area and had a kidney stone. Lovely ehh? Yeah, my stomach still goes on rampage before that time. I've learned to live with it, I guess. Anyways, took aciphex for 3 months straight.

Old 09-14-2004, 07:05 AM   #5
Veteran

pslam 91 HB User

Right now I am taking the probotics(sp) by dannon. It is suppose to have more live cultures in in then the yogart. It is called Danactive. Actually I feel better if there is food in my stomach and it is not empty. I use to be able to skip meals when i was younger. Food wasntsuch as issue. Now I have to eat to keep my blood sugars up which wards away the hot/cold flashes and keeps my stomach more at ease.

Old 09-14-2004, 09:15 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

I know about that blood sugar thing. Since perimenopause, if I don't eat on time, I'm shaking all over the place and my blood sugar is normal, LOL

Andrea

Closed Thread