It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2004, 04:10 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

bride527 HB User
Feel like my period is coming?

I haven't had my period since July. Lately i have been getting that heavy full feeling in my uterus....Well i think that is where it is . It is right in front lower pelvis.I feel like my period will come any minute but it hasn't.....the fullness comes and goes. I have heard that this is known as a "phantom period". We get the symptoms but no period. I am seeing my dr. next week for my annual and i will have her check this out, but in the meantime has anyone had this feeling? It feels like pressure and a heaviness? Thanks Bride527

Old 09-23-2004, 07:57 AM   #2
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
Re: Feel like my period is coming?

I have had this several times when my period actualy did not come. I was sure I going to get a period because I'd get cramps, lower pevis pain, tender breasts, bloating, and feeling generally very PMS. I do not know what causes it but I found it drove me crazy since one time it seemed to last for three months on and off ( and no period came until the fourth month). Maybe somene knows the cause of it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2004, 12:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi,

Well I don't know the cause of it but I too have had it several times..and even when I did not get my period till much later in the month. Mine come usually around day 24 now but I have had some on day 31, once on day 50 and once on day 40. During the latter two times I felt the pressure you are describing and my period did not come till much later as I said. My gyn said in peri it is an extended PMS so I just feel that pressure feeling is part of that.

rmc

Old 09-23-2004, 02:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Do you normally go that long without periods? Or is there any possibility you could be pregnant, some pregnancy symptoms mimic PMS. Sometimes HPTs can't pick up really low levels of HCG giving you a negative result, I've heard of people having negatives HPT's and finding out they were pregnant in the second and 3rd months of pregnancy. I haven't had that feeling but I'm normally pretty regular. Good luck.

Old 09-23-2004, 03:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bride527
I haven't had my period since July. Lately i have been getting that heavy full feeling in my uterus....Well i think that is where it is . It is right in front lower pelvis.I feel like my period will come any minute but it hasn't.....the fullness comes and goes. I have heard that this is known as a "phantom period". We get the symptoms but no period. I am seeing my dr. next week for my annual and i will have her check this out, but in the meantime has anyone had this feeling? It feels like pressure and a heaviness? Thanks Bride527
This happened to me from end of May all the way until end of July. Then I finally got my period. It's just the peri, you might get it, you might not.

Andrea

Old 09-24-2004, 04:15 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bride527 HB User

No , I am definitely not pregnant.......I have been hearing that alot of women do feel this pressure so i guess it is normal.....I just feel that if i got my period I would feel better......But again I may not get it...I am 52 and have skipped months here and there all year......bride527

Old 10-01-2004, 02:21 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

bride527 HB User

I had my check up yesterday and she gave me a pelvic exam. She said everything seemed fine......But the cramps still come and go.....Do you think it is because of phantom periods?. Feels like the period is coming but it doesn't.......Does this go away once you get your period? or on it's own?
thanks bride527

Closed Thread