It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2004, 08:20 AM   #1

bunky7648 HB User
Question have to pee all the time

I hope you can help- posted this on the urology site, but got few answers, so here goes. I am 52 years old, have not had a period past 3 years, but spotted once over a month ago. Went to see my GYNO and he did an endometrial Biopsy in the office- did not obtain enough tissue, so he recommended I have a D&C, which was performed a week ago today. He found a uterine polyp- no cancer.
A week after he performed the endometrial biopsy, I began having symptoms of constantly feeling like I have to pee all the time. No burning or pain, just urgency. The day of my D&C I told the Doc of my symptoms and he obtained a urine specimen, put me on Bactrim DS , had the surgery and went home. Three days later I called the office saying that I still felt like I had to pee all the time and he suggested I may have a yeast infection and to use Monistat. I have not used the Monistat yet, the 3 days worth of Bactrim did not help and I bought a UTI kit at the drugstore to see if I really do have a bladder infection- it came back negative too.
Can a yeast infection mimick a bladder infection? I have had both in my lifetime and this does not feel like a yeast infection, but more like a bladder infection. But he is convinced I probably have a yeast infection. Like I said, the ONLY symptom I have is urgency to pee.
Should I try the monistat or call a urologist? Been drinking plenty of fluids, including cranberry juice (not concentrated) and taking cranberry pills- nothing is working.
I do not take hormones of any kind or any other meds except an occassional Benadryl. This problem did not start until he performed an endometrial biopsy and I wonder if he introduced bacteria up there. I am not running a fever and I dont feel ill.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2004, 03:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Re: have to pee all the time

When I had a bladder infection, I had to pee all the time. I would just dribble a little bit like I wasn't emptying my bladder all the way. That happend first then I woke up one morning and right after I peed, the terrible pain came. I rushed to the hospital. Sure enough a bladder infection.

I have had yeast infections and had to pee alot too. Mostly it was the terrible itching that drove me nuts.

That is my experiences anyway. Don't know if it helped or not.

I have also heard( I think it is called a prolapsed bladder). That is when it leaks out when you cough or sneeze. It can also happen as we age. I am 51 and postmenopausal aaark!!! Oh well we all have to get older don't we?

Old 09-28-2004, 03:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

You might just call the urologist's and speak to the nurse for her advice. when I have had yeast infections I never had the urgency to pee.

Old 09-29-2004, 08:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

I have not had a period for a year and a half. At the year mark I started with this same symptom. It would last for a month and go away and come back some other time. I tried the yeast treatment, antibiotics, bladder training and nothing made it change. I'm beginning to wonder if it is a symptom of menopause.

Old 09-29-2004, 08:37 PM   #5
(female)

debbiep HB User

Hi there I agree with twangers post above. I also started with urine urgency and frequecny and it first started in my 40's. I have narrowed it down to maybe a pre/menopause symptom, Im sure of it. I think hormones maybe effecting you. But can I ask what got done when you had an endometrial biopsy? I also feel maybe that I did have a D&C a few months before my urine frequency started and not sure if this could be the cobrate also,mm...as I have read this many times !! Do you ever notice a pattern to your urgency,meaning do you have days with no symptoms? I do this way I feel closer to thinking it is hormonal. If its a type of bacteria why would the feeling come and go. ...takecare debbiepx

Old 09-30-2004, 07:04 AM   #6
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Bunky...
That is the symptom that started all my peri "woes"!!! I had to go constantly, like you, no burning or pain. Went to the doctor numerous times and he always ruled out bladder, urinary or yeast infections but finally on about the 4th visit he found bacterial vaginosis (sp) and put me on flagyl. Oh, that was a complete disaster and as soon as the prescription was done the symptoms came back and he put me on clindymicin. BUT...at the same time I was also taking Uristat (from the drugstore) on my own, and looking back I don't think it was the bacterial stuff so much causing it, I think it was just a symptom of peri and the uristat helped me with the urgency (but it turns your urine bright orange and stains!!!). Unfortunately the antibiotics wrecked my system and for the last year I've been fighting ibs and anxiety and a plethora of other stuff that although I'm sure is caused by perimenopause, was magnified by those damn antibiotics that threw my body all off!!!
I also work with a lady who has had the same "symptom" of constantly having to go, and nothing was found wrong, she had a hysterectomy a few years ago. My opinion, for what its worth, I just think its another lovely symptom of peri and menopause
I hope your day is better
Conni

Old 09-30-2004, 07:44 AM   #7

bunky7648 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiep
Hi there I agree with twangers post above. I also started with urine urgency and frequecny and it first started in my 40's. I have narrowed it down to maybe a pre/menopause symptom, Im sure of it. I think hormones maybe effecting you. But can I ask what got done when you had an endometrial biopsy? I also feel maybe that I did have a D&C a few months before my urine frequency started and not sure if this could be the cobrate also,mm...as I have read this many times !! Do you ever notice a pattern to your urgency,meaning do you have days with no symptoms? I do this way I feel closer to thinking it is hormonal. If its a type of bacteria why would the feeling come and go. ...takecare debbiepx
When he did a biopsy, he obtained some tissue for pathology, but did not get enough tissue, that is why he wanted me to have a D&C so he could get a better look up there and scrape the uterine lining. Never had this problem until a week after the biopsy.
And yes, some days the symptoms are barely there. Seems like when Im at work, I dont really notice the urgency as much or when Im asleep at night.
I tend to agree with the rest of you that it could be hormonal. Of course I havent had a period for past 3 years, except for that one night of brief spotting over a month ago which prompted the biopsy. I think Im out of menopause now- never did have the ugly symptoms of hot flashes, etc. Its just now I have the urgency to pee alot. But it could be hormonal. NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT.

Old 09-30-2004, 01:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Well, here's two observations. I have the urgency to pee alot too. I had a bladder infection back in March/April, then a kidney stone I had removed. Going to see if it is completely gone now,but still urinating alot and I have no infection. The changes in Estrogen in the bladder cause this.

Andrea

Closed Thread