It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2004, 04:56 AM   #1

SuzU HB User
Bruising anyone?

I have all of the usual symptoms of peri, plus I've had this issue with bruising of my legs and I'm wondering if anyone else has this. All of my sisters and my mom had/have spider veins/varicose veins, and I have some as well.

I'm 38 years old.

This week I developed tiny little bruises (called petechiae) on my leg, and the rest of my legs are pretty populated with bruises.

I did not bump myself.

I've been to the doctor for some labwork, results are pending.

I did have some bloodwork a few months ago and everything was normal.

Also have had a screaming headache, neck pain, and fatigue for about two weeks non-stop. I had a normal period (YAY!) that ended a few days ago.
My normal period headache sometimes outlasts the period by a day or so, but I can generally wipe it out with coffee and tylenol-this one isn't budging.

Last edited by SuzU; 10-09-2004 at 05:00 AM.

Old 10-09-2004, 10:07 AM   #2
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
Re: Bruising anyone?

I have bruising on my legs since I have been in this peri-menopause stage. Lots of little ones all over my legs and I have no idea how I get them. My accupunturist, who is a woman, said this is common in peri and menopause. not to worry but it is a symptom. This last summer for the first time I wore long pants and no shorts because of all the bruises. I am also noticing the skin on my legs seems thinner. As we age our skin does thin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2004, 06:55 PM   #3

SuzU HB User

Thanks Armadillo Pie. (like your nickname, also!)

I've been looking on-line and have diagnosed myself with everything from lupus to leukemia because of the bruising.

Peri-menopause I can deal with, but would prefer not to have a nasty illness

Old 10-09-2004, 07:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

I've dealt with the bruising all my life. They would usually occur a week or so before my period mainly on my arms or legs. I also did not bump into anything and from the size of some of the bruise marks I would definitely have remembered injuring myself.

My mother finally mentioned that she also use to receive those bruise marks, so I just thought it was hereditary. I was amazed to see bruising listed on a lengthy list of perimenopausal symptoms.

This too shall pass.

Old 10-10-2004, 01:03 PM   #5
(female)

CynAnn HB User

Hello! I have noticed that off and on, during the past year or so I have lots more bruising. I have several small ones now. My husband asked me about the 2 small ones (size of a dime) on my upper underarm and a few small ones on my legs. They just appear for no reason.........I never thought they may be related ot peri-menopause.
--Cindy

Old 10-10-2004, 03:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Hi Ladies,

I don't know if bruising is actually another peri-meno symptom (wouldn't surprise me tho!). I think it's more of a result of a combination of peri-meno symptoms and old age! LOL! In my case, I noticed some bruising too, probably from:

- bad eyesight
- can't remember where I left my glasses
- not paying attention, unable to focus as well
- bumping or banging into things, getting bruises
- then not remembering that I bumped into things (brain fog, bad memory)

Hope everyone is feeling good and having a good weekend!

molly

Closed Thread