It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2004, 05:52 AM   #1

popspeters HB User
Unhappy woried bleeding two years after last period

HI

I stopped bleeding two years ago and hopefully have come out of the menopause fairly well. I did not take any medication and did not suffer too badly. I still feel that things get on top of me and the brain feels full of cotton wool at times (plus I think I have lost the real me at the moment) but I can handle this - some days better then others.

Then yesterday I started to bleed as in a full on period (which cannot be so). I had the bad head the night before, slight cramps etc.

I am 47 have no children and am worried sick what is going on. I know that I have to visit the Doc - but has anyone else experienced this. Will the bleeding stop or will I have to get something to make it stop. It is not so heavy to day.

There has been no bleeding, spotting at all before hand, neither do I feel any discomfort anywhere.

Thanks
Poppy

Old 10-13-2004, 08:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User
Re: woried bleeding two years after last period

This has happened to several women on the board. There are several postings that describe what you have. One woman went without a period for 3 years and then had one. Look in the archives and you will find the postings.

I went a year without a period and then had a normal one and not one since. It has been about 20 months. I think this happens. I know that it can take several years after your last period to settle the hormones down. You might have had just some surge in them or something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2004, 09:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi,

I am still getting periods (I just turned 50) so this has not happened to me, but yes, I have read of it happening to people on this board and I have a friend who didn't have it for a year and had bleeding all of the sudden. Also my cousin who is in menopause and 57, stopped her periods when she was 53 and a year or two later had it happen. Both of them checked it out with their doctors and they were both fine. But of course it is scary I am sure.

I think you will feel better when you read some of the posts on here from those who have gone thru it and bringing it up to your doctor too.

rmc

Old 10-13-2004, 11:38 AM   #4

cloverberry HB User

I got one full period after 2 years. Same thing happened to my friend. We were just worried that we might start getting our periods again. If you're worried about it go to the doctor and have it checked out to ease your mind.

Last edited by cloverberry; 10-13-2004 at 11:41 AM.

Old 10-13-2004, 01:28 PM   #5
(female)

BonBe HB User

Hi I was the one who had no period for three years then a period came complete with sore breasts and the whole kit and kaboodle. It lasted a bit longer than my periods from way back when. I phoned and went to the doctor as it is called POST MENOPAUSAL BLEEDING and simply must be checked out. I had an ultra sound which showed a thickening in the endometrial lining, and that needed a simple biopsy. (Usually done in the GYN office) but I ended up having to have a D & C. I am 54.

All tests proved nothing nasty was wrong, and I am back on my usual course. No periods since then at all (last March it happened) and all is well.

Any bleeding after say 12 months or MORE of no periods at all must be investigated, it will def ease your mind.

Bonnie Lea

Last edited by BonBe; 10-14-2004 at 10:08 AM. Reason: spelling as usual

Old 10-14-2004, 09:52 AM   #6
(female)

Stavia HB User

Hi,

I had some spotting 17 months after my last period. I also had some PMS symptoms during the week before the spotting.

My doctor did a Pap and sent me off for pelvic and trans-vaginal ultrasounds. All the test results came back normal. So, I suppose that my spotting was just a "last hurrah".

Try not to worry too much. I know that's easier said than done; I was worried. Post menopausal bleeding can be caused by a number of things, not all of them serious.

Hope everything works out well for you.

Old 11-06-2004, 02:16 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User

This is too weird. I just turned 48 last month have been in Menopause since I was around 40. I have not had a period in the last two years and only 3
cycles in the two years before that. I was certain I was done with all that.
but yesterday on the 14th I started my cycle. Rather concerned I called
my doctor and she said it was probably nothing to be concerned about unless
it was exceptionally heavy or unual abnormal pain. So I came to the health
board to see if anyone else had ever had this problem and found your post.
I couldnt believe the coincidence. Other than my cycle being heavier than I remember it I certainly didnt miss it but I will admit I feared the last 7+ yrs was something else besides menopause until I read your post and a few others.
S. Kiehn

Old 11-25-2004, 05:21 AM   #8

popspeters HB User

HI

I posted the original questions and thought I would post what is happening. As this is the UK things do not happen fast!!

I went to my GP who made the appointment for the hospital.

I was examined (and I felt like a slab of meat) I could not understand half of what was being asked and felt although it was my body - little or NO understanding was taking place.

I have chosen not to have children - I was asked why (more than was essential to my case notes ) and made to feel abnormal - the understanding that I/we had made this choice was clearly not understood.

When I said I had not taken any treatment for the menopause no HRT nothing - accept trying to do it as natural as possible and I listed some of the things I had uses, soya milk, red clover no comment as to whether this was good or bad was passed.

The examination in it's self did not hurt althought it was all so cold and very clinical (I really felt the need of a good friend to cry on).

Bloods to check for Thyroid and hormone levels were then taken. I am also booked to go for a pelvic ulstra sound in two weeks.

No reasurrance at all was given and I have to sit and wait to hear back from the above tests. The waiting is by far the worse.

I will keep you posted and I thank the people who have replied to me. This board has made me realise that ALL is not doom and gloom despite what the doctors do and do not know or tell you.

Thanks

Pops

Old 11-25-2004, 05:26 AM   #9
(female)

BonBe HB User

well Poppy

great to hear from you again. Since my "stuff" was done (the D & C) I have had no more problem in that area.

I too have had no treatment for menopause. Not even the natural things you have tried. I just try to understand it will end. It is all dealable, and now that all is not evil with things in side, I am fine with it.

It is much easier to have had someone with you but if it is not possible then so be it. Be strong. Be wise. most of all be informed.

keep us posted on what further developements. and I am glad you went for the check up post menopausal bleeding must ALWAYS be checked out regardless.

Bonnie

Closed Thread