It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2004, 11:36 AM   #1
(female)

busymommy HB Userbusymommy HB User
Unhappy Oh, My Aching Ovaries!

It's me again. New day, new pain! I've a history of ovarian cysts. This current, constant pain in both ovaries is new, unlike when the cysts were acting up. I also recently posted about rectal pain/pressure. This is still there, too. I don't have heavy periods and read up on endo. I don't think this is it and neither does my doctor. He mentioned "spasms." I'll spasm him! I'm miserable...again.

Please help. Anyone out there with ovarian pains not related to ovulation...a constant, dull achy pain?

Thanks for any reassurance!

The following user gives a hug of support to busymommy:
deannie barr (10-25-2011)
Old 10-23-2004, 12:48 PM   #2
(female)

captain14 HB User
Re: Oh, My Aching Ovaries!

This is why I love these boards...I have had these symptoms on and off every month lately. I am at day 31 with the pain almost constant in my ovaries with no sign of my period. A friend of mine's dr told her that because we are entering menopause your ovaries have to "dig deep down to release an egg so therefore the pain." Is this right I have no idea but I can relate to the pain and I have had every test and my ovaries are fine. So you are not alone. I try to bear with it during the day but at night I do take Tylenol to help me sleep. Ha...Ha...the pain goes away but the insomnia kicks in. You just can't win.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2004, 02:24 PM   #3
(female)

Thank you, Captain. It's nice to hear another opinion. Digging down deep? Maybe. I'll go for that for now. I try to just keep on not focusing on the pain and go about with my daily activities. I will take Advil for the pain. I am optomistic every morning, though, that just maybe I'll wake up and have a pain-free day. I can only hope...

Take care.

Old 10-26-2004, 03:21 PM   #4

scout94510 HB User

Yes, yes!! I'm having the same problem. I didn't know what the heck it was. I got pregnant 2 months ago, (can you believe it? -45yrs) but I had a miscarriage a week later. Ever since then when I'm nearing my period I have this ovarian crampings. Wow it hurts.

Jennifer

Old 10-28-2004, 10:59 AM   #5
(female)

Hi, Jennifer:

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Gee, pregnant at 45. The thought of starting over again...hey, I'm 45 and have an 8-year-old and 10-year old. I started late!

My pain is mostly in the left ovary. I just took some Advil and it relieves the pain. Why won't it go away for good, I ask?

Take care.

"perimommy"

Old 10-28-2004, 10:31 PM   #6
(female)

Laura_45 HB User

Oh wow, pregnant at 45... for a moment, I thought I would not have to worry about that anymore since the Dr. said I had "complete ovarian failure" according to FSH and LH results... but then I remembered the menopause baby syndrome.

Aching ovaries... that's one I've had occassionally too, but was more like sharp pains. Used to worry me, thinking ovarian cancer, etc. . aching back seemed to happen at the same time. I like the "digging deep" explanation too, sounds about right.

Uterus-on-fire was another of my symptoms, I can't say it was cramps because it was so bad it felt like someone took a blow torch to it. That was early on in my peri-ness. Same thing used to happen when I was a teenager and first had my period. I would lay on the couch in tears for hours.

We women really are quite wonderful, if you think about all of what we must bear during our lifetime. That's why I'm with Aretha, I want a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T for all of it.

Laura

Old 10-29-2004, 09:23 AM   #7

scout94510 HB User

Hey Laura and all of you,

Gosh, I just found this board last week and it has been a gift from heaven. Uterus on fire. I love that because that's exactly what I'm also feeling. I felt too embarrassed to mention it because I thought - who in the world would have that symptom - but there it was in your letter and I about jumped out of my chair. I get this HEAT radiating from the middle of my lower abdomin and I just couldn't understand it. Thanks for responding. I'll be having this board on my "favorite" settings for the next few years to get through all of this.

Thanks again,

Jennifer

Old 10-29-2004, 10:38 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi,

I have to thank you too, as I have tried to explain this to friends I have, the radiating heat feeling you are talking about that I have got at times too. None of them can relate. so it is good to hear others have it too!!

rmc

Old 10-29-2004, 07:28 PM   #9
(female)

Laura_45 HB User

Hey, glad to help! I'm constantly amazed at the long list of symptoms the hormonal change can cause. The thing that amazes me even more is the silent suffering that goes on. Being a child of the 60s, it seems un-natural to NOT talk about it. Does anyone remember "rapping" and I don't mean hip-hop... we used to have "rap sessions" where we would sit around and talk about our minds, bodies, society, etc. And then there was the old Group Hug. I sure miss those.

Laura

Closed Thread