It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2004, 08:43 AM   #1
(female)

glamdais HB User
More frequent periods--Perimenopause?

It seems that for a lot of the ladies on this board they have irregular periods or a longer time between periods. I am just the opposite. For several months now I've been having a period every 20 or so days. I'll bleed for about 3 days then stop. The next week I'll start having a discharge that it like a heavy gel. Then for the next two weeks it's like I have the worst PMS in the world until I start again. I have headaches, am irritable, weepy at times--basically just a mess. I'm 42 years old. Could this be perimenopause just as well as some getting the less frequent periods? All doctors of course have been no help whatsoever and I've pretty much given up on spending my time and money on them.

Old 11-14-2004, 12:06 PM   #2
(female)

Nance77 HB User
Re: More frequent periods--Perimenopause?

Hi...My periods have become irregualr (getting one anywhere from 17 to 42 days)..and they were shorter and lighter (sometimes only a day or so)..I will be 47 soon...Then this past month, it seems that I had one every 2 wks, and some darkish brown spotting in between...So it was just like a never ending period for over 4 wks...I went to gyn and had a pelvic exam, pap test, all kinds of bloodwork, mammogram, etc. and everything was normal..I am pretty disgusted with the doctors also....
I was put on birth control pills to see if that helps and I have an appt in Dec. and they want to do a trans vaginal ultrasound to make sure everything looks ok..If not, an endometrial biopsy (which I am dreading and hope I dont have to have)! Instead of telling you that this could be a normal sign of perimenopause(as I have had symptoms, night sweats, etc in my late 30s already), they kind of scare you and want to order all kinds of other tests....Even though cancer is pretty rare at our age esp. if you have none of the risks, etc. they still act like that is what you could have....I read about so many people and alot here on this list who have these symptoms and much worse, and all their tests came out normal too....
Take Care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2004, 08:57 PM   #3

QTee HB User

Iím 44 and I can only explain my cycle as never ending. In September I didnít have my normal heavy cycle. It was very light, I just spotted. Well I never stopped spotting. It just keep going and going and going then at the end of October I had a heavy one for three days then I started spotting. Oh by the way I do have fibroids. I wonder if they are acting up. I think its time to make an appointment wity my GYN.

QTee

Old 11-20-2004, 08:07 AM   #4
(female)

Nance77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTee
I’m 44 and I can only explain my cycle as never ending. In September I didn’t have my normal heavy cycle. It was very light, I just spotted. Well I never stopped spotting. It just keep going and going and going then at the end of October I had a heavy one for three days then I started spotting. Oh by the way I do have fibroids. I wonder if they are acting up. I think its time to make an appointment wity my GYN.

QTee
The same thing happened to me....In October, I had a period for almost a month! Regular type flow, then spotting, then maybe a brownish type discharge, than more light flow, etc and it just went on and on! I couldnt take that, even though it wasnt really heavy, so I started low dose birth control pills and it stopped within 2 days..So far,so good...

The Following User Says Thank You to Nance77 For This Useful Post:
starry skies (11-12-2010)
Closed Thread