It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2004, 05:41 AM   #1

popspeters HB User
Lightbulb When does menopause end is there light at the end of the tunnel?

Hi

I know this may sound a silly question - but when are you considered out of the menopause.

The hot flushes have stopped, although I still have other other symptoms. When does life return back to normal (whatever that might be).
I still cry a lot and still feel tired with aches and pains - do these ever go?

Also is there anything natural that I can take/drink/eat to help my body and mind recover!!!

I used to be a very out going active person these days I feel scared and apprehensive is this how it will be from now on?

Thanks
Pops

Old 11-25-2004, 09:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User
Re: When does menopause end is there light at the end of the tunnel?

Hi Pops,
I don't think we can't pinpoint exactly when we will be out of menopause. They say it can go on for 10-15 years!! (yikes!) Everyone is different, just like w/symptoms and the intensities of them are different for each of us, as well as the time length at which we have to suffer through. Not having a period for 6 mos. would mean you're in actual menopause and not having it for 12 mos. means post-meno (found this out from *****).

Are you taking any meds? When was the last time you had a period? And, how long have you been feeling the way you do? What are your other symptoms? Have you had your thyroid checked? any other tests?
Also, no, you're not going to be like this forever! I find the book "Before the Change" by Anne Louise Gittleman very helpful. I take almost all her "peri-zappers" as well as other vitamins. I don't drink or smoke, try to eat healthy--organic, veggies, salmon, etc., workout everyday. I was at my worse last year at age 50 which lasted for 5 mos. - very short time in comparison to other women, am sure I'm in menopause right now.

Keep yourself informed with some of the postings and this board. You will find you are not alone with all you're going thru. You will be OK...it will not be forever!

Hang in there...keep us posted!
molly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2004, 12:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Pop, that's a good question. Recently I've developed some new symptoms and the return of some old ones. I hoping that I'm approaching menopause. I dread seeing any spotting, because I look forward to counting the months without a period/spotting. I really don't have a period anymore, it just random spotting throughout the month.

I wish that there were certain signs letting us know that the end is in sight based upon certain symptoms.

Last edited by Hopefully; 11-25-2004 at 12:31 PM.

Old 11-26-2004, 09:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Hummingbirdkiss your post made me smile. I am looking forward to being free and not being on anything. It's always encouraging to read posts from women like you who have made it through the fire and came out as pure gold. Thank you for making this peri girl smile today.

Closed Thread