It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2004, 08:55 AM   #1
(female)

Moonrize HB User
Fatigue:Can't keep my eyes open!

I used to be the type that had super high energy,and often had trouble sleeping,rarely felt tired.
Now,each time I sit in my recliner,I ZONK out!I sometimes have trouble falling asleep(I have suffered from insomnia for 20 years now),but lately,all I want to do is sleep!My thryroid was fine,but man,does anyone else have this fatigue?I know its a common symptom but boy,this is unusual for me.Maybe with all this hormonal war going on inside my body gets tired of all the fighting!

Old 12-09-2004, 09:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Fatigue:Can't keep my eyes open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrize
I used to be the type that had super high energy,and often had trouble sleeping,rarely felt tired.
Now,each time I sit in my recliner,I ZONK out!I sometimes have trouble falling asleep(I have suffered from insomnia for 20 years now),but lately,all I want to do is sleep!My thryroid was fine,but man,does anyone else have this fatigue?I know its a common symptom but boy,this is unusual for me.Maybe with all this hormonal war going on inside my body gets tired of all the fighting!
supposely my thyroid was fine too. But it does get effected by the changes in your body in peri and meno. I get this horrible fatigue too, first i was so nervous i couldn't sleep and now hello!!!!!!!!! i can sleep and sleep!

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2004, 10:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

Yes, I did experience this while going through peri. I haven't had a period for 21 months and notice that there are more days than not that I have my energy back. For two years, I did not. It was a chore to get through the day.

Now, I have some times where I can just fall asleep during the day. Enjoy it and take the time to rest. Your body needs it in order to make the transition.

Old 12-09-2004, 11:47 AM   #4
(female)

Moonrize HB User

Thats exactly what my husband says,he is always telling me,SLOW DOWN!
SO,if I feel like sleeping,I will!

Old 01-04-2005, 03:04 PM   #5

jane777 HB User

i want to sleep all the time,i hate it my eyes hurt so bad where i false them to stay open,been on hrt for three weeks now,no change yet,i roll out of bed and a couple of hours later i want to go back,its getting me down big time.

Old 01-04-2005, 03:28 PM   #6
(female)

heitara HB User

Boy, I can definitely relate! With my usual optimism I have been thinking to have some serious disease. My whole life is turning around my need of sleep. I sleep and sleep and seem I'm never getting enough. And when I'm awake I'm not functioning properly, my brain is a bit foggy and slow. Today is the first day of my period and I noticed it's even worse when it comes. I hope it will go away soon because I need to support myself and work sometimes, lol.
Hey Andrea! Good to see you again, girl. How are your littel stones going? Any more pain?
Hugs
Carla

"I'm not young enough to know everything". O. Wilde

Closed Thread