Welcome to this board! I have had all the symptoms you listed.
- get the "Before the Change" and "The Pause" book so you get a better understanding of what's going on with you.
- stick around this board and join the postings so you don't feel all alone with what you're going through.
- take the 'peri-zappers' as suggested in the "Before the Change" book. They are basically vitamins/supplements but I think they help a lot. You have to get yourself in a regrime so you're taking them daily and consistently.
- do some kind of exercise daily if you can. Go on walks, do yoga, stretching, use stretchie bands or weights, etc.
- take time and take care of yourself. Go natural or takemeds if you have to, realize each peron is different and will react differently to different remedies, do what it takes to make yourself feel normal again.
- don't punish yourself if you don't have the energy to do all the things you used to, incl. cleaning the house, laundry, etc. etc. Many of us here have also posted about not having the desire to socialize like before, some also freaked out at stores, etc.
- drink lots of water, don't smoke or drink alcohol, and cut back on coffee. Eat healthy, minimize sugar or salt...
- Have a good cry or punch out a punching bag to release any anger or frustration.
- I noticed things got a bit better once I accepted the awful truth
that I was getting older, body is changing and it's just a time every woman goes through, and that it is not forever.
I agree with Hopefully - there are many 'older' women walking around doing just fine....they all survived. I guess I could put myself in that class now...I'm just working on my slimming tummy area and some achy joints these days.