It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2005, 07:14 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User
normal age range for perimenopause

I am 37 years old and I do believe I am in pm. I have always been an anxious person, probally more social. About the last year or so, the anxiety and mood swings have been terrible. My gyn suggested wellbutrin xl, but it made the anxiety worse. I may have not given it long enough to work, though. He also gave me a script for trivora birth control pills. I have not taken them yet. Would these help? I do have irregular periods. Normally, I start my period when my daughter does and then again when I am supposed to, so now 2 times a month. I don't know if it is peri or pmdd. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Old 02-22-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Linma2428 HB User
Re: normal age range for perimenopause

Its does seem like your hormones are out of whack because your having 2 periods and mood swings. I do know friends that have started through menoapuase at your age although its not what they consider the normal age. Maybe if you try the hormones prescription you will feel alot better. LindaM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2005, 03:08 PM   #3

jane777 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by americandancer
I am 37 years old and I do believe I am in pm. I have always been an anxious person, probally more social. About the last year or so, the anxiety and mood swings have been terrible. My gyn suggested wellbutrin xl, but it made the anxiety worse. I may have not given it long enough to work, though. He also gave me a script for trivora birth control pills. I have not taken them yet. Would these help? I do have irregular periods. Normally, I start my period when my daughter does and then again when I am supposed to, so now 2 times a month. I don't know if it is peri or pmdd. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!
hi americandancer,i was 35 when all my probs started,4 years i was under the doc and hospital doing all sorts of test all came back clear then my doc tested my hormones they came back very low said they would not expect to see them this low in me for at least another ten years, and that i have gone into early menopause, been on HRT for three months now,go and have your hormones tested you could well be in the menopause

Old 02-24-2005, 05:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User

Thanks! My dr. is maing me an appt. with an endocrinologist(sp), but he said it would probably take awhile to get me in.

Closed Thread