It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2005, 07:33 PM   #1
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
flu like feeling

I have been having this flu like feeling for a week now. But I know for sure I do not have the flu or a virus. I am sure it perimenopause related. I feel headachy on and off throughout the day, my forehead feels hot, my body temperture feels warm or hot at times, and I feel dizzy. I have this overall feeling of being off and spacy. It is a lot like a flu.
Has anyone else had/have these flu-like symptoms? How long do they last? What did you do for them.

Old 02-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User
Re: flu like feeling

Hi Armadillo,
Thought I give you a response even tho I feel fine these days. Are you feeling worse than before? Do you feel really tired?

When I first felt really bad, I too thought it was maybe the flu. The clue that it wasn't was that I didn't feel any better after days of resting. I didn't feel even a slight better after hours of sleep. I would go to bed tired, wake up tired and it was like this day in and day out for months. I had no energy, took me forever to get moving, my legs felt weak and jelly like. I too thought I had a temp too b/c I felt warm, headachy and achy but it was all normal. I know I felt really weird, out of place, not like the common cold/flu at all. I could cry just thinking about how horrible it was for me.

If you remember Catluvr who started feeling really bad and esp. tired to the point where she couldn't post anymore. I really hope she is dong better . I still believe that you have to go thru your worse before it gets better. I just notice patterns like this happening with others too.

molly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2005, 10:59 AM   #3
(female)

confusedpatient HB User

Armadillo, your symptoms sound just like mine. Did this start right after your period started? Mine was super heavy & I've just been dragging & nauseous ever since. I normally take Progesteron, a low dose, for 2 weeks out of the month. I'm hoping this helps. I've experienced this before, but never put it together what was causing it. I'm also recovering from back surgery so it's like a double whammy!! Hopefully someone here can help.

Old 02-28-2005, 05:30 PM   #4
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

Yes I did start having these feeling after my last period. It was the longest ad heaviest one I ever had to. After ten days ( I was spotting the last 5 days), I started having these symptoms. Hum. wonder if they are connected since confusedpatient had them too!!!!!
What do you thinkm some hormone is deficent? The headaches comes and go frequently and my head feels hot like a flu. So uncomfortable- when is it going to end?

Old 03-02-2005, 07:52 AM   #5
(female)

danigirl HB User

I'm so glad you posted this because I was just thinking today how flu like I feel. I just ended a very heavy period. I'm sure it has something to do with that because this has happened before. I wake up feeling tired, when I've had a pretty good night's rest, achy, nauseated (tho not all the time), headachy and just lousy. Like I just want to stay home all day and watch tv and drink tea and have cookies. I'm sure its all hormonal but I wish it would end. I felt so great and energetic throughout my 20's and 30's and my 40's have just sucked with this perimeno thing!! I can only hope we all get our energy back in our 50's!!

Old 03-02-2005, 07:53 AM   #6
(female)

danigirl HB User

ANITAZ, what are TF chewables? Where do you get these? And the balancing gel? I am currently taking the calcium/mag - a very good one - and these have helped tremendously. But I still feel like I need something else.

Old 03-02-2005, 08:39 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

mgraylorn HB User

You might also consider that you have been left slightly anemic from a heavy prolonged period. Get some slow Fe (a timed released iron pill) and see if that helps. These slow release iron pills are better than mega doses of regular iron because the slow release is less likely to cause nausea and gastric distress. Anemia can also leave you feeling tired.

Closed Thread