It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User
Best Progesterone Cream

Yes, I would like to know what brand of progesterone cream anyone finds to be the best one they have used so far.

Right now I am trying a pharmaceutical compounded formula I got from ebay.

I really preferred the Emerita better; it soaks in better and seems to do a good job.

Thanks for the input!

Old 03-08-2005, 10:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
Re: Best Progesterone Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes100
Yes, I would like to know what brand of progesterone cream anyone finds to be the best one they have used so far.

Right now I am trying a pharmaceutical compounded formula I got from ebay.

I really preferred the Emerita better; it soaks in better and seems to do a good job.

Thanks for the input!
Greeneyes,

I can't speak for the medical value of various progesterone creams, but I find Emerita to be too greasy for my skin. I'm here in Germany and relying on friends bringing me back tubes when they visit America, and I don't want to collect too many different brands when my supply is so iffy. So I'm living with the greasy brand. Everyone's skin is different and you need to find a formula that works for you. Perhaps a different company source might have a different cream. And if you find a compounding pharmacy in your area, maybe you can discuss with them trying a different cream to mix the hormones in.

--Rheanna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 06:56 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

You can't get the creams in Germany?

What improvements have you noticed since you started using the cream? It's supposed to aid in fat loss and I think I have noticed easier weight loss.

What kind are you using now? The pharmaceutical kind I got was from Ebay and it's really greasy compared to Emerita. Emerita absorbs really fast and has a nice smell. IT is also recommended by doctors as being a true bio identical progesterone.

Old 03-09-2005, 07:28 AM   #4
Veteran

pslam 91 HB User

Greeneyes, I am useing the one off ebay too, out of Austin Texas. I thought about calling that pharmacy because I live close to Austin, and I wonder if they do saliva testing. I stopped using the cream for a bit though.

Old 03-09-2005, 07:29 AM   #5
(female)

danigirl HB User

Greeneyes, how do you use the Emerita? Do you follow exact directions or use at your own discretion? Just curious because I'm thinking of trying it again. I have used the natural compounded my doctor prescribed but it can get expensive with the prescription plus the office visits. Pls let me know!

Old 03-09-2005, 08:43 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

I use the cream about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon morning and night for 25 days of the month. Then stop for five days or when you start your period. My periods are very irregular (they are getting farther apart) because I am 50. I've done a lot of research on using the cream and I noticed my breasts are much less tender now and does seem to help with water retention also.

There is a website which I don't know if I can tell you the name of that on here. But the doctor on there recommends certain brands and Emerita is one of them. I like the smell.

Old 03-09-2005, 05:49 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Veronicaberry HB User

I looked up that cream you bought on ebay and compared it to emerita and emerita has a little more progesterone per dose than that cream does. That made me want to go ahead and pursue emerita. Although a personally compounded dose based on lab results would be the best avenue for anyone. Each person may need more or less depending on their lab results. I want to do it but I dont have insurance and my doctor bills are expensive right now.

Last edited by Veronicaberry; 03-09-2005 at 05:50 PM.

Old 03-09-2005, 09:30 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
You can't get the creams in Germany?

What improvements have you noticed since you started using the cream? It's supposed to aid in fat loss and I think I have noticed easier weight loss.

What kind are you using now? The pharmaceutical kind I got was from Ebay and it's really greasy compared to Emerita. Emerita absorbs really fast and has a nice smell. IT is also recommended by doctors as being a true bio identical progesterone.
No, I can't get the creams in Germany. Hormones are NOT over-the-counter purchases -- you need a doctor's prescription and I'm still working on my doctor to accept the validity of this crazy American custom! And I can't simply order something from the intenet because it would be stopped at customs for being an illegal controlled substance and I would be out the cream AND my money!

Because it's SOOOO greasy for me, it takes 3-5 minutes to rub in. I finally got bored with spending so much time twice a day and greasing into bed that I decided the heck with it -- I'm only doing it in the mornings! My estrogen patch is a low dosage, so I figure I only need a lower dosage of progesterone as well.

--Rheanna

Old 03-10-2005, 08:22 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

They have progesterone you can get from your doctor in pill form and also one that is natural and inserted into the vagina. You might ask for that. YOu need progesterone together with estrogen or you might get something called "estrogen dominance"; you can look it up on the internet.

Old 03-10-2005, 09:22 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
They have progesterone you can get from your doctor in pill form and also one that is natural and inserted into the vagina. You might ask for that. YOu need progesterone together with estrogen or you might get something called "estrogen dominance"; you can look it up on the internet.
I have an appt next week with my gyno and I will discuss further options with him. I'd like to avoid pills for the moment as the bazillions of different formulas I've tried over the years seem to have more side effects than the creams. I will ask him about vaginal progesterone, but I must say, at the moment I'm going through "grease" overload! There's more grease at some times of the month than at others, but the "high point" is when I use retinol cream on my face, an estrogen patch on my butt, progesterone cream on my thigh, estrogen cream in my vagina, and then a regular body lotion for any other inch of my body that up to then is grease-free!

--Slip-sliden' through life, Rheanna

Old 03-10-2005, 09:33 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

LOL! Yeah, the one I bought on ebay is really greasy; it's the one from the compounding pharmacy and I don't think it's as good as Emerita. Emerita is recommended by doctors and works the best; it is nongreasy and absorbs fast and smells good. I heard someone say on here that they were using the cream progesterone, but when they got their levels checked, they were still low. YOur doctor can do a simple saliva test to see what hormones you are low in. A lot of women are also low in testosterone (which makes for lack of sex drives)!

I heard that the reason women gain around the middle at our age is because of too much estrogen. That's why you need both estrogen and progesterone. Our bodies still make some estrogen when we age, but no progesterone. So, it's a good balance that makes for health.

Old 03-10-2005, 04:51 PM   #12
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

I think it is better to do the transdermal progesterone since it then goes directly into your body. Pills have to go through your liver and you lose a lot fo its potency.
I have been doing transdermal progesterone for nearly two years. I think it helps, but since I have done it so long I can not say. I do believe in it that is why I am doing it. I think it is keeping my periods fairly regular even though I am in the heart of perimenopause. However I am not sure if the over the counter product is strong enough for me. I was getting an amazing cream and was so pleased, but then the company stopped making it. So I am searching for something stronger. I heard Life Enhancment is good and a quality source. I am going to check them out.

Old 03-11-2005, 05:20 AM   #13
(female)

beckyb46 HB User

I like femgest. You can get it at the vitamin shoppe 2 for 1 for about $22

Old 03-12-2005, 03:51 PM   #14
(female)

candykake HB User

I think i seen femgest at GNC. U really think it helps?

Old 03-12-2005, 03:55 PM   #15
(female)

nailchick2000 HB User

I like Emerita ProGest. I was experiencing non-stop beeding..months at a time.. and it works to control it.

Closed Thread