It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2005, 08:44 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User
Has this ever happened to you during perimenopause?

I feel like I've been ovulating this whole week! Started Monday with the cervical mucus. No big deal. I get Mittleschmertz (pain) with my ovulations so I know when it's happening. I think my right ovary was ovulating. Then starting Weds, I noticed increased cervical mucus and then I started ovulating on my left ovary I think.

I don't think this has ever happened to me. Maybe it has and I never noticed because I was young and didn't pay so much attention to my body. But so much of what my body has been doing over the past year is sometimes unnerving to me. I go to my regular well woman check up every year and nothing unusual is reported. I will go again in the summer. But I don't want to go to the doctor everytime something strange happens. Sheesh! I'd be going in every month if that were the case.

So is this perimenopause/hormone related. Are my "female parts" just going to keep going haywire until this is over? Very frustrating and I haven't even gotten into the thick of it yet. *sigh*

Old 03-25-2005, 08:00 PM   #2

kittenlover HB User
Re: Has this ever happened to you during perimenopause?

Yes, this has happened to me a few times/year last year...I am 47 going to be 48 in May.
The mucus and the other ovary doing a twinge thing ....and I had a check-up in October with everything being fine.
I almost felt like the poor little ovaries are mustering up all their energy to get enough hormones going...and maybe they both had a shot at it that month

I guess that's why they say the rhythm method is not reliable in our 40's...or worse...twins!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread