It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2005, 09:42 PM   #1
(female)

cmotzel HB User
Vaginal estrogen cream and weight.

Does vaginal estrogen cream cause any weight gain?

Old 04-28-2005, 04:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
Re: Vaginal estrogen cream and weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmotzel
Does vaginal estrogen cream cause any weight gain?
cmotzel,

Since it affects only the local area, it won't affect the metabolism. I just recently went back to a high dosage of estrogen patch, after playing with various low dosage pills, creams, and patches. I can attest that the estrogen vaginal cream didn't affect my metabolism at all, but now after 5 weeks on the high dosage patch, my body has plumped up and my appetite is increasing. I guess there really IS no excuse now for avoiding exercise! Sigh.

--Rheanna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
(female)

cmotzel HB User

Thank you for your reply. Why is it that every medication seems to affect weight?

Old 04-29-2005, 02:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmotzel
Thank you for your reply. Why is it that every medication seems to affect weight?
Cmotzel,

I think that women of childbearing age are designed to be a bit plump -- it probably has something to do with fertility (professional exercisers stop menstruating when their body fat gets too low), maintaining pregnancy, nursing, and being able to carry out the physical tasks necessary for survival.

The problem nowadays is that we don't normally need to be REALLY physically active to survive, because we have water delivered to the taps in our houses, houses that keep out the bad weather, cars to fetch the groceries in, grocery stores to collect the groceries that someone else grows (well, there are a FEW physically active people in the world!). So our muscles are too flabby to balance out the bit of extra fat, and we wind up with more fat. Our bodies are reacting to the medically provided hormones by bringing us back to a fat ratio that would have been beneficial before modern civilization, but nowadays is out of balance with our couch potato existence (well, speaking for myself anyway!).

--Rheanna

Old 04-29-2005, 05:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

If your are using it to prevent dryness ask your gyno about using testosterone cream instead just before sex. It is a good lube & sex enhancer.

Closed Thread