It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2005, 11:29 AM   #1
(female)

LT1215 HB User
Upper Back Pain?

Has anyone experienced upper back pain with peri? My pain is mostly around the shoulder blades and inbetween them. Sometimes it radiates to my underarms and chest. Sometimes it hurts so much it's hard to even stand upright. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Old 05-11-2005, 01:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User
Re: Upper Back Pain?

Yes, I started to experience this same sensation about two years ago. It got really bad around February. I started doing some yoga and stretching postures and it finally loosened up.

We tend to carry a lot of stress in this area and who wouldn't be stressed with all our hormones acting up?

Get some books on stretching or yoga tapes and go slow. I imagine you can release those tight muscles.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 09:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User
Re: Upper Back Pain?

LT215,

I have had upper back pain also and also on the other side. If yours is coming after eating or related to eating I'd ask your doctor about it. . It is always good anyway to do that anyway.

But it seems that a lot of women do have this as Twanger mentioned too. I just went to the chiropractor (i go for lower back issues actually) and he showed me a chart that showed a series of muscles that come from our upper rib region (so on the other side of the upper back) and it runs all the way from there to our lower abdominals. He said they can become very tight and cause twinges and spasms. I asked him about it as I have had some upper back aches and ones related to under the ribs that were muscular in nature not due to digestion or eating.

Like I said it is always good to check things out with your doctor. But I agree with Twanger that the stretching of either Yoga or Pilates or just stretching exercises the doctor can give you does help.

rmc

Closed Thread